QUOTE(sorg;593427) said:Just want to share what i created for myself.
UniiLoader is universal loader of backups. It can load games from USB storage, SD/SDHC and directly from DVD drive. With patched IOS (trucha signature), you can load originals and backups from DVD without modchip (Something similar to SoftChip).
Since i already have preloader already some time, i could make UniiLoader compatible with it. So, preloader can be configured to autoload boot.dol of UniiLoader at startup.
UniiLoader has graphic user interface based on libwiigui, so people can enjoy big and easy readable text and full WiiMote support.
Probably one of most asked feature - Covers is missing. Probably. i will add support for it later. Actually, i don't need covers at all. Especially that will require SD card in slot and thus not convenient.
So main features:
- Loading from USB drives
- Loading from SD/SDHC (useful for tests before put game to USB drive)
- Load backup and original DVD from same and other regions without hardware modchips.
- Add/Remove games to/from USB/SD
- Rename game title directly on Wii
- Language setting (autopatch on loading)
- Video mode setting (autopatch on loading if required)
- 002 error autopatch.
- A - accept
- B - cancel
on game list:
- left,right - previous/next page
- up,down and IR pointer - navigating on list
- "-" - remove game
- "+" - add game.
- 1 - rename
- 2 - setup for Video mode and Language for game
- B - switch between SD and USB. SD supports hotplug (USB - no).
- Home - exit.
on rename dialog:
- "-"/"+" - move cursor within name
- 1 - shift
- 2 - backspace
- left,right,up,down and IR pointer - navigating on keyboard
on video/language setting:
- 1 - change video option
- 2 - change language option
Though it has IR pointer support, i made it operable fully by keys as well. I can navigate by keys much faster than point on the screen
Well, i tried to make this loader as simple as possible. I didn't want to re-invent the wheel and make another System Menu with many settings and too much preparations for game.
This loader is not intended to be a best loader in any way. I saw more sophisticated loader with nicer graphics. May be aestetic people willprefer to use that instead of my ascetic loaderThe main idea is to start loader (from preloader is the best and quicker way) and choose the game to play.
Simple version is included. It lacks of deleting/adding games and change of its parameters. aka Child proof.
- if both SD and USB are present and both have WBFS partitions and USB drive is not ready yet, then only SD card will be recognized. I suggest to not plug SD with WBFS at the loading if USB required. SD card can be plugged later (hotplug is supported). Thus, i recommend to use SD card as temporary solution for tests if USB drive exists.
SD only and USB only modes have no such problem.
P.S: cIOS USB2.0 support really should be tweaked to allow reloading USB driver without reloading whole IOS. This issue prevents USB's hotplug.
P.P.S: It's very hard to write applications using devkitPro. I don't mean writing itself, but i mean bugs in devkitPro. Often after adding some code, application stop to work or produces unpredictable behaviors. Looks like there is data alignment problem. Workarounds not always possible. Sometimes it takes many hours to get rid of unwanted behavior and even after that there is no guaranties that after adding one more line of code won't brake program...
For more than 20 years of programming, i see such buggy compiler first time
Such program i could write in a day-two, but devkitPro adds many hours and days of good sex to this process
QUOTE(sorg;593427)NEW VERSION RELEASED
- Added supports for FAT partition. FAT partition should be present on the same device as WBFS (if u browse/run from USB drive then one of USB drive partition should be FAT. The same for SD). In other words, device should have at least one WBFS and one FAT partition. FAT partition is not mandatory requirement. UniiLoader will still run without FAT, but some features will be not available.
- just for note: all file names and directories are case insensitive. so, "Covers" and "cOVERS" are the same.
- Cover view support. Requires FAT partition. Theoretically there is no width and height limit for covers. They can be as big as you want if you will place picture with required size. There is no restriction for size alignment. For example: 161x225 will work. Covers should be placed into /Covers/NTSC-U, /Covers/NTSC-J, /Covers/PAL according to game region (not current Wii region!). I've made such division to speedup cover searching
because i like to put all available covers to FAT regardless have i this game or not. It's about 1000+(!) files. Just put all covers i have and forget
- Cheat engine support (aka Ocarina). Requires FAT partition. Cheats should be placed into /Cheats folder. Name should conform following:
for example for Kororinpa Saga: RK6E18.gct or RK6E18_StopTimer.gct
UniiLoader supports several gct files for 1 game. Particular file can be selected in Game settings of UniiLoader.
- If FAT partition available then settings for each game will be saved into /UniiLoader.ini file instead to game catalog entry. It will preserve settings between reformating and reloading WBFS partition and can be transfered to another Wii by simple copying UniiLoader.ini
- settings for games run from DVD. Requires FAT partition.
- upon starting UniiLoader will wait for USB drive to be ready around 5 seconds regardless presence of SD card. After five seconds, UniiLoader will wait another 25 seconds for either SD or USB. This can solve problem with starting UniiLoader from preloader upon powerup console when both SD (with valid WBFS partition) and USB are plugged. Please note: SD card without WBFS partition will not be visible by UniiLoader and thus will not affect on loading process.
- Full version can be switched to simple mode and locked by password. Requires FAT partition. Mode and password are saved into /UniiLoader.ini.
To switch between modes:
press "home" (Z on GC controller) button to open "Exit" dialog and then press button "1" (X on GC controller).
To switch from Full to Simple mode UniiLoader will ask for a new password 2 times. To switch from Simple to Full mode, UniiLoader will ask for a saved password then will provide choice to unlock permanently or temporary. With temporary switch, next time loader will load into Simple mode. Also, after temporary switch to Full mode, switch back to simple mode will not require new password (last used password will be used).
thx to xem1x for the vid ->