OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE(sorg;593427) said:
Just want to share what i created for myself.

UniiLoader is universal loader of backups. It can load games from USB storage, SD/SDHC and directly from DVD drive. With patched IOS (trucha signature), you can load originals and backups from DVD without modchip (Something similar to SoftChip).

Since i already have preloader already some time, i could make UniiLoader compatible with it. So, preloader can be configured to autoload boot.dol of UniiLoader at startup.

UniiLoader has graphic user interface based on libwiigui, so people can enjoy big and easy readable text and full WiiMote support.

Probably one of most asked feature - Covers is missing. Probably. i will add support for it later. Actually, i don't need covers at all. Especially that will require SD card in slot and thus not convenient.

So main features:
- Loading from USB drives
- Loading from SD/SDHC (useful for tests before put game to USB drive)
- Load backup and original DVD from same and other regions without hardware modchips.
- Add/Remove games to/from USB/SD
- Rename game title directly on Wii
- Language setting (autopatch on loading)
- Video mode setting (autopatch on loading if required)
- 002 error autopatch.

Controls:
- A - accept
- B - cancel
on game list:
- left,right - previous/next page
- up,down and IR pointer - navigating on list
- "-" - remove game
- "+" - add game.
- 1 - rename
- 2 - setup for Video mode and Language for game
- B - switch between SD and USB. SD supports hotplug (USB - no).
- Home - exit.
on rename dialog:
- "-"/"+" - move cursor within name
- 1 - shift
- 2 - backspace
- left,right,up,down and IR pointer - navigating on keyboard
on video/language setting:
- 1 - change video option
- 2 - change language option

Though it has IR pointer support, i made it operable fully by keys as well. I can navigate by keys much faster than point on the screen
wink.gif

Well, i tried to make this loader as simple as possible. I didn't want to re-invent the wheel and make another System Menu with many settings and too much preparations for game.
This loader is not intended to be a best loader in any way. I saw more sophisticated loader with nicer graphics. May be aestetic people willprefer to use that instead of my ascetic loader
wink.gif
The main idea is to start loader (from preloader is the best and quicker way) and choose the game to play.

Simple version is included. It lacks of deleting/adding games and change of its parameters. aka Child proof.

Download v0.55:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/emztwqromnq/...Loader.0.55.zip

known issues:
- if both SD and USB are present and both have WBFS partitions and USB drive is not ready yet, then only SD card will be recognized. I suggest to not plug SD with WBFS at the loading if USB required. SD card can be plugged later (hotplug is supported). Thus, i recommend to use SD card as temporary solution for tests if USB drive exists.

SD only and USB only modes have no such problem.

P.S: cIOS USB2.0 support really should be tweaked to allow reloading USB driver without reloading whole IOS. This issue prevents USB's hotplug.

P.P.S: It's very hard to write applications using devkitPro. I don't mean writing itself, but i mean bugs in devkitPro. Often after adding some code, application stop to work or produces unpredictable behaviors. Looks like there is data alignment problem. Workarounds not always possible. Sometimes it takes many hours to get rid of unwanted behavior and even after that there is no guaranties that after adding one more line of code won't brake program...
For more than 20 years of programming, i see such buggy compiler first time
frown.gif

Such program i could write in a day-two, but devkitPro adds many hours and days of good sex to this process
smile.gif

QUOTE(sorg;593427)NEW VERSION RELEASED

v0.61:
- Added supports for FAT partition. FAT partition should be present on the same device as WBFS (if u browse/run from USB drive then one of USB drive partition should be FAT. The same for SD). In other words, device should have at least one WBFS and one FAT partition. FAT partition is not mandatory requirement. UniiLoader will still run without FAT, but some features will be not available.
- just for note: all file names and directories are case insensitive. so, "Covers" and "cOVERS" are the same.
- Cover view support. Requires FAT partition. Theoretically there is no width and height limit for covers. They can be as big as you want if you will place picture with required size. There is no restriction for size alignment. For example: 161x225 will work. Covers should be placed into /Covers/NTSC-U, /Covers/NTSC-J, /Covers/PAL according to game region (not current Wii region!). I've made such division to speedup cover searching
because i like to put all available covers to FAT regardless have i this game or not. It's about 1000+(!) files. Just put all covers i have and forget
wink.gif

- Cheat engine support (aka Ocarina). Requires FAT partition. Cheats should be placed into /Cheats folder. Name should conform following:
ID[_Name].gct
for example for Kororinpa Saga: RK6E18.gct or RK6E18_StopTimer.gct
UniiLoader supports several gct files for 1 game. Particular file can be selected in Game settings of UniiLoader.
- If FAT partition available then settings for each game will be saved into /UniiLoader.ini file instead to game catalog entry. It will preserve settings between reformating and reloading WBFS partition and can be transfered to another Wii by simple copying UniiLoader.ini
- settings for games run from DVD. Requires FAT partition.
- upon starting UniiLoader will wait for USB drive to be ready around 5 seconds regardless presence of SD card. After five seconds, UniiLoader will wait another 25 seconds for either SD or USB. This can solve problem with starting UniiLoader from preloader upon powerup console when both SD (with valid WBFS partition) and USB are plugged. Please note: SD card without WBFS partition will not be visible by UniiLoader and thus will not affect on loading process.
- Full version can be switched to simple mode and locked by password. Requires FAT partition. Mode and password are saved into /UniiLoader.ini.
To switch between modes:
press "home" (Z on GC controller) button to open "Exit" dialog and then press button "1" (X on GC controller).
To switch from Full to Simple mode UniiLoader will ask for a new password 2 times. To switch from Simple to Full mode, UniiLoader will ask for a saved password then will provide choice to unlock permanently or temporary. With temporary switch, next time loader will load into Simple mode. Also, after temporary switch to Full mode, switch back to simple mode will not require new password (last used password will be used).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgnzdjmt21j/...oader.v0.61.zip

thx to xem1x for the vid ->

source: http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/9...kup-loader.html

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Question of curiosity. Since the initial loader can recognize "trimmed" ISOs" on external hardrives and SD cards--if two ISOs could be trimmed to be under 4.7 GB and be placed on one SL DVD-R, would this essentially be like a dual-boot feature similar to what we have with Gamecube disc loaders? Sorry if this is confusing.

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol add the Gamecube Loader into this and then u have the Universal one nice one. do hope that some others pick up on the Multi boot options .. as in alowing to boot from CD and so on ..

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this works like the Gamma loader then it ought to load GCN stuff already if you ran the MIOS Patcher with the option to work in the Gamma channel.

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is perfect, thanks alot sorg, i agree to make this truely universal it would have to be able to load gc games also (which maybe it already does, i havent tried it yet) and maybe in the future load gc games from the usb drives if a new mios patcher allows it.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
WTF is this....

No cool graphics, no covers or disc images... Hell the thing wont even scratch my ass when its itchy...

I like it...

I would even say its the fastest loader out there and no green flicker (for me anyway). I dont like the fact of having to keep an SD card in the machine and would prefer a self contained loader like this.

Everything this one promisses to be.

Keep up the good work.

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that you can play backups from disc, so does this use cioscorp? if not what other method does it use, I only ask since I have no access to a wii at the moment.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
robiul said:
You say that you can play backups from disc, so does this use cioscorp? if not what other noethod does it use, I only ask since I have no access to a wii at the moment.
Aehm..ever heard of SoftChip/Gamma? I'm pretty shure it works like that...no other possibility...You have the cIOS, and then simply implement the Code from SoftChip/whatever into the USBLoader (which is now a BackupLauncher too) and you can play originals at 6x and Backups at 3x...tada...he simply merged them...

robiul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
robiul said:
You say that you can play backups from disc, so does this use cioscorp? if not what other noethod does it use, I only ask since I have no access to a wii at the moment.
Aehm..ever heard of SoftChip/Gamma? I'm pretty shure it works like that...no other possibility...You have the cIOS, and then simply implement the Code from SoftChip/whatever into the USBLoader (which is now a BackupLauncher too) and you can play originals at 6x and Backups at 3x...tada...he simply merged them...

Ooh I gotcha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's Amazon prime