Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
ptudia said:
Narin said:
By the way, if anyone is interested, I made a Max Ore/Money cheat for this game. Its in the cheat database, I plan to make/add more cheats later.
Narin, I think I have said this before, I LOVE you.
Whoa, Narin learned to make cheats now? Awesome, nice job. =]

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
ptudia said:
Narin said:
By the way, if anyone is interested, I made a Max Ore/Money cheat for this game. Its in the cheat database, I plan to make/add more cheats later.
Narin, I think I have said this before, I LOVE you.
Whoa, Narin learned to make cheats now? Awesome, nice job. =]
I always knew how to make cheats, I just simply don't openly advertise that I can or else people would keep begging for me to make them cheats. ;p I actually made quite a few cheats for the cheat dat.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sable said:
I totally lost my first match to the General Elisha. The stupid Moth-drone is damn powerful! Anyone got any idea how to defeat her without losing anyone?
This is the very first battle with her?

Well, first (and obviously), try not to let her attack your ground units. As the game says, her anti-ground gun does double damage to them. If she does get an attack on them, have them defend, or they'll die (and use Bagworm Shell to boost their defense if you have it) -- never have your ground units try to counter-attack against her, because they won't survive to do it anyway. If they do have to soak up a hit from her, remember that they do get terrain bonuses, so try to have them in forest or someplace like that.

You can use them to finish her off when she's badly injured, but mostly keep them away. Her movement is actually pretty low, so that shouldn't be hard... for heaven's sakes, though, don't let your base get too close to her.

She has a very low barrier score, so try to hit her with your firefly's artillery.

Oh, and try to get her alone if you can. I think you can lure her into attacking alone using your butterfly... Obviously, don't attack her while she's on top of a repair pad, but you knew that already.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody said that Drone Tactics was just like Advancw Wars. It was said that they are similiar, which they are. They do have many differences, obciously, but overall they are more similiar than not. In fact, if you take a look at a screen from AW:Dual Strike and Drone Tactics side by side, it's hard to tell them apart. The setup, the map, the bright colors of the machines, and landscape are very much alike.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I have finally managed to try it and im slightly impressed but I doubt I will finish it before deleting from boredom. I definitely shows similarities to advance wars but the 3D battle thing is a welcome feature.

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really like this game, because:

1. It has the most stupid storyline EVER.
2. The graphics are HORRIBLE outside of the batte animations (Almost GBC)
3. Characters and Dialogue is totally uninspired
4. D-pad movement is broken, press right to go up etc.

5. An rpg with bugs isn't terribly awesome, but that's a personal preference rather than a real gripe.

Besides, the AW resemblence? I don't see it, it's just a SRPG where you level AFTER the battle is over. With equipment and all...

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
fateastray said:
I don't really like this game, because:

1. It has the most stupid storyline EVER.
2. The graphics are HORRIBLE outside of the batte animations (Almost GBC)
3. Characters and Dialogue is totally uninspired
4. D-pad movement is broken, press right to go up etc.

5. An rpg with bugs isn't terribly awesome, but that's a personal preference rather than a real gripe.

Besides, the AW resemblence? I don't see it, it's just a SRPG where you level AFTER the battle is over. With equipment and all...
Eh, its not that bad, it does have its good points and the game does get better the farther you get into it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My short review:
Graphics -
Actually decent, screenshot looked like meh, but after seeing it myself I have to say it's good.

Story/Scripts -
Stereotype kids (except that they love bugs) + stereotype enemies (except that they love bugs) + uninspiring dialogue = big sigh.

Deisgn as a strategy game -
1) Controls: dpad controls are kinda messed up but not too hard to figure out (the most counterintuitive control is when you deploy units to the lower right) and good touch screen usage counters the weak dpad design. Every single thing support both stylus and pad.
2) Cards: Battle cards requiring a mini-game is somewhat silly and time wasting but I'd rather play it than lose a unit or fail to kill a damage dealer enemy unit in one turn. Once you get a card you can use it over and over again (although limited once per battle, you can carry multiple of the same). Cards feel more like equipments than consumables, and being able to combine cards has a sense of "getting stronger as you grind/play more" which is (personally) more rewarding than "oh I get to buy a Hi-Potion now".
3) Badlands: Badlands is pure win, I'm playing chapter 7 and on like 25th badlands because they're so much fun. Even more so than the main battles, all you get is pure strategy game fun without useless babbling of kids.
4) Difficulty and AI: Enemy AI is predictable and even though I'm playing on Hard, level > strategy. I can just grind in badlands and bulldoze through the main missions without much tactics. Since the game is so easy, it puts a handicap by not showing you which battle cards enemy uses before you decide which action to take. (And then time wasting mini-game would folllow)

Overall, I like it so far. At least I'll play till I beat all 60 badlands missions.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if its just me but if theres something wrong with the game, its that i find that the only attacks that do any half decent damage without needing to use power boosting cards are melee and beam cannon weapons, and that is when correct weapon equiped on correct drone. you can forget about doing even a scratch if you try melee with a dragonfly drone.

Also the minigames with cards were interesting at the start but quickly gets boring and annoying. I wish theres an option to turn the minigame off and inexchange only get half the boost effect.

but this game still fun when there's nothing else to do.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blahman said:
i dont know if its just me but if theres something wrong with the game, its that i find that the only attacks that do any half decent damage without needing to use power boosting cards are melee and beam cannon weapons, and that is when correct weapon equiped on correct drone. you can forget about doing even a scratch if you try melee with a dragonfly drone.
Accuracy has a huge impact on damage. If you want to see your guns do good damage, equip the users with high accuracy-boosting equipment. (You also get better guns later on, which helps.)

Stag beetles, say (which have high accuracy with both guns and melee), can do very good damage with guns, since they eventually get melee weapons that boost gun accuracy.

Likewise, while you technically can give anyone a cannon, they're not going to do much damage unless they have high cannon accuracy, usually.

Sable

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Ruri said:
blahman said:
Accuracy has a huge impact on damage. If you want to see your guns do good damage, equip the users with high accuracy-boosting equipment. (You also get better guns later on, which helps.)

Stag beetles, say (which have high accuracy with both guns and melee), can do very good damage with guns, since they eventually get melee weapons that boost gun accuracy.

Likewise, while you technically can give anyone a cannon, they're not going to do much damage unless they have high cannon accuracy, usually.

There is some Drones that is 'hard' to equip. Drones like Bees, I dont know whether should I give accuracy, speed or defense. Pill bug, almost doing no damage at all. Butterfly and Dragonfly can do great damage with accuracy but their defense totally stinks. Should I give em speed or defense equipments?

Speed helps to evade. But evade can sucks too.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Kaos said:
If you want some crests, the official site here has some under "System > Crests".
Cool, thanks for the heads up
smile.gif

jordanlp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested it using no$gba, IT'S AWSOME!

planning on buying it soon, and i agree, some people like games, some people hate games, but this one get's a thumbs up!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1