Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
fgghjjkll said:
inb4 Nintendo announces something 3DS-related that blows minds and every temper who posted in this thread changes their mind and throws money at Nintendo.

If you have the ability to tell the future, you could get rich and buy both!

Nintendo can't do much to change my mind at this point. The 3DS already didn't interest me a whole lot, and the little interest I had has been waning for months.

3DS feels like a big upgrade, while the Vita feels like a brand new handheld. The first impressions of the Vita trump the first impressions I got from the 3DS by far. Regardless, we won't know for sure until we are holding the Vita.
The problem with that observation is the question of why you are holding out on us tempers. You should pass around that Time Machine. Not even the fact that you realize that you aren't holding the actual unit before making reserved judgments about an unreleased system is acceptable.

To me the NGP (better acronym, name) is a Portable console. Grossly overpowered etc. They lost the magic of handhelds. Gimmicky with great games. As opposed to "All the frills of a console, including the games you already paid for". They already downgraded the first advertised specs, and I'm wondering how much they actually took away.

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem I have with the vita is that I don't see the reason to have it. What can it do different to my ps3? What would stop all those games coming to ps3 so I can play them on a big screen with dualshock 3 for a much more comfortable experience. For portability alone I say $250 is a lot of money to drop, having said that I'm not the biggest handheld fan and only play my ds indoors.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sick! gonna buy it on launch
tongue.gif

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo announces that the 3DS will sell for $250. Everyone exclaims that its horribly overpriced, and its ludicrous to pay so much for a handheld system.
Sony announces that the vita will sell for $250-$300. Everyone exclaims that its so cheap and they will be buying it at launch.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
For the record. The 3DS isn't overprice, the NGP is just cut very low. Not calling it psv anymore.
tongue.gif

(well maybe)

What are you talking about? Of course the 3DS is overpriced. Given the technology in the Vita which is a lot stronger, and it still costs the same as 3DS, how can 3DS not be overpriced? Hell it's been overpriced since the day they announced the price.

Sure it has better graphics and can do 3D. But that's all really. And looking at the PS Vita, it's proof even more that Nintendo goofed up the price of the 3DS. If I recall, it was Satoru Iwata who said "given the feedback we received at E3 (2010), we believe the price is warranted". Meaning that they priced it because we all liked it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
For the record. The 3DS isn't overprice, the NGP is just cut very low. Not calling it psv anymore.
tongue.gif

(well maybe)

Why not call it by it's name? Might as well start now.

The 3DS isn't necessarily overpriced, but in terms of handhelds, yes it is. The Vita is still going to be overpriced in that respect too. A handheld that costs as much as a home console from this generation is a little weird.

Sterling said:
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jun 6 2011, 08:19 PM) inb4 Nintendo announces something 3DS-related that blows minds and every temper who posted in this thread changes their mind and throws money at Nintendo.

Nintendo can't do much to change my mind at this point. The 3DS already didn't interest me a whole lot, and the little interest I had has been waning for months.

3DS feels like a big upgrade, while the Vita feels like a brand new handheld. The first impressions of the Vita trump the first impressions I got from the 3DS by far. Regardless, we won't know for sure until we are holding the Vita.
The problem with that observation is the question of why you are holding out on us tempers. You should pass around that Time Machine. Not even the fact that you realize that you aren't holding the actual unit before making reserved judgments about an unreleased system is acceptable.

To me the NGP (better acronym, name) is a Portable console. Grossly overpowered etc. They lost the magic of handhelds. Gimmicky with great games. As opposed to "All the frills of a console, including the games you already paid for". They already downgraded the first advertised specs, and I'm wondering how much they actually took away.

Way to take what was obviously a metaphoric feeling as to purposefully misinterpret it as to attack me. Not appreciated in the least. I know you knew the exact meaning behind what I said. My opinion remains unchanged.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
Nintendo announces that the 3DS will sell for $250. Everyone exclaims that its horribly overpriced, and its ludicrous to pay so much for a handheld system.
Sony announces that the vita will sell for $250-$300. Everyone exclaims that its so cheap and they will be buying it at launch.
this isn't even an arguement, the PSV's specs alone make it cost much more than the 3DS, people expected a $350-$400 price point, the 3DS on the other hand, should have been $200, nintendo just wants a profit

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

(well maybe)
What are you smoking? The 3DS is overpriced. But the Vita price is pretty low. But who am I to complain with that kind of power and third party support at that price?

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
MakiManPR said:
3DS Price Drop is imminent
IMO 3DS' price should get down to $150

I wonder if nintendo will actually do this. It'll be a smart move if they undercut sony tommorow, an advantage of going last. It'll also be a big middle finger to the early adopters of the 3DS, unless they have a system of giving free games via the e-shop to anyone who bought the system before a certain date.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
KingVamp said:
tongue.gif

(well maybe)

Why not call it by it's name? Might as well start now.

The 3DS isn't necessarily overpriced, but in terms of handhelds, yes it is. The Vita is still going to be overpriced in that respect too. A handheld that costs as much as a home console from this generation is a little weird.

Sterling said:
Nathan Drake said:
QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jun 6 2011, 08:19 PM) inb4 Nintendo announces something 3DS-related that blows minds and every temper who posted in this thread changes their mind and throws money at Nintendo.

Way to take what was obviously a metaphoric feeling as to purposefully misinterpret it as to attack me. Not appreciated in the least. I know you knew the exact meaning behind what I said. My opinion remains unchanged.
Z.Z Who's attacking you? IMO Metaphoric feelings don't necessarily excuse observations from a Crystal Ball. If it were anyone but me, you'd have been attacked. Just sayin' that on a Nintendo centric forum posts that claim any sort of feeling that is associated with one of their competitors being better isn't usually warmly received.
rolleyes.gif
Many people on the internet lack the ability to detect sarcasm through text, as well as opinions that seem to claim experience with a unreleased console. At any rate, yes, I know what you meant. I had no intention of seemingly flaming you, but I'm sure that I'm not alone in the lack of a sarcasm, or opinion detector.

Your opinion is your own, and I respectfully disagree with you.

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Looks like Ninty's throne in the handheld market is in danger. The low pricing is just pure genius, no one can pass a chance at getting one of Sony's high quality devices at such a low price. The only thing Ninty could do is to introduce some AAA games(which the 3DS has a shortage of right now) to move more units. Or they could find a new market to enter into again, like they did with their "casual gamers", though I don't really think there are any other new markets for them to enter, maybe a dedicated division of video games for old people?

I would pass the Vita though, 3DS still interests me much more though and the Vita sparks near zero interest in me; I've become sort of a casual gamer nowadays and 3D is a better gimmick. Plus, I've been thinking of buying a PS3 in the not-so-near future, then I'll have no reason to buy a inferior(although portable) rehash of the PS3.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still think the 3DS will own the next handheld generation simply because Nintendo will drop its price and because of the dual screen concept people are used to. Not to mention the future improved 3DS revisions and cool first party titles.

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the Vita better than the 3ds but the 3ds is a hell of a lot closer to being hacked than the Vita so I'll get the 3ds first. When the Vita gets hacked it's going to be amazing. I can't wait for that.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
blackrider said:
I like the Vita better than the 3ds but the 3ds is a hell of a lot closer to being hacked than the Vita so I'll get the 3ds first. When the Vita gets hacked it's going to be amazing. I can't wait for that.

Honestly I hope the 3DS and PSVita wont be hacked. Why cant we have a console generation without piracy?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:
blackrider said:

Honestly I hope the 3DS and PSVita wont be hacked. Why cant we have a console generation without piracy?

Am I the only one who has found that piracy has actually made games less enjoyable? I have more fun with my legitimately bought PS3 games than anything else when compared to my DS and PSP (and I love handhelds to pieces). The incredibly easy piracy on the DS was really the killer though. It is so easy, and even the best games take little time to acquire. My DS used to be my go to system when I was bored, now it's what can make me bored.

I'm hoping at the very least, the Vita can live a life of no hacks and strong third party support.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nathan Drake said:
WiiBricker said:
blackrider said:

Am I the only one who has found that piracy has actually made games less enjoyable? I have more fun with my legitimately bought PS3 games than anything else when compared to my DS and PSP (and I love handhelds to pieces). The incredibly easy piracy on the DS was really the killer though. It is so easy, and even the best games take little time to acquire. My DS used to be my go to system when I was bored, now it's what can make me bored.

I'm hoping at the very least, the Vita can live a life of no hacks and strong third party support.
It's called the pirate's remorse. I went through it. I stopped pirating games (Unless it's in JP or some other region), and I try to buy any form of media whenever I get the chance. I wouldn't recomend this though. You'll be broke in no time, due to the overwhelming amount of games. I feel happy about supporting the developers, but my wallet is empty half the time.

Don't do this without source of income.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nathan Drake said:
Am I the only one who has found that piracy has actually made games less enjoyable?

You're not the only one. The reason a human enjoys a bought copy more than a pirated one is because he worked his ass off to earn the money to buy it. You appreciate what you get for your hard earned money.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.