its hard too choose

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For what it's worth, popularity isn't necessarily a sign of quality, but one of my relatives works at Gamestop and says PSPs are traded in more than pretty much anything else. Doesn't suggest a lot of satisfaction to me.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
:The PSP has good power, therefore emulation. You can NOT consider emulation part of what makes a console great. The DS has great ORIGINAL games, that is why it is truly the better system. All the PSP has is ports, spin-offs, and emulation.

LOL

The PSP is a great handheld console, people can factor in whatever is important to them in deciding which one they like better...saying you can't even count the great emulation is incredibly stupid.

You really sound like a nintendo fanboy. The DS is a great console but PSP has got a lot of selling points too. Good games will come out for PSP in time, just like they did on the DS.

This topic makes me feel sick. How can you hate and love companies? sure some make better games than others but they're both in it to make as much money as possible.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually I found the PSP utterly uninteresting.
Maybe it's me and my age(33) but I would never get a PSP pr a PS3 based on the kind of games being produced for these systems.
There is an occasional gem that I wish I could have on the DS or on the Wii, like for example a few years back there was Gradius 4 and it only came out on the PS2, or Project Gotham that never made his way to any Nintendo consoles, but all of that is very well made up by lots of originals and new concepts coming out on nintys .
I don't want to go as far as stating my hate for Sony as a giant and greedy company with a bad attitude in advertising and business ethics, but just from my point of view, there's really no reason nor desire to get their systems.
I'm always excited about the next Nintendo games or systems, and at least every once in a while they do actually bring innovation, if it wasn't for them video gaming wouldn't be where it is today, but most definitely deeply buried away sometime in the 80's.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I dunno about you guys, but I love 'em both!

Both companies were a big part of my childhood and both companies both put out great consoles, games, and services.

No favorites here, I love them both equally!
wub.gif

(Pricing, on the other hand...
mad.gif
)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've always hated this subject

well, I've always really just hated sony.
Never really liked their consoles, funny thing is the only games on sony consoles I like are the ones sony made themselves.
I hate their advertising, their attitude and business ethics.

microsoft and nintendo are not that much better, but I find them a lot more honest and less pretentious.
seriously, when sony shut down lik-sang, if they just said "business is business mother fucker" I would've been happy, but instead they try to sew this fairy tale bullshit; "looking out for gamers"

Thats the problem. You see Many people like you, go telling to their friends ''s0nEs tEh SvuckErz!one!11elecven!''
no.. that's not the problem, the problem is forsaking integrity by acting as if I don't have a fucking opinion.
I don't like sony, I'm not going to pretend I do in an attempt to forge equality.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think he was saying you're not allowed to have an opinion, although it kind of sounded like that. I only have a problem when other people force their opinions on others.

IF anything Vampire Hunter D and especially underpressure116 are acting like anyone with an opinion other than theirs is WRONG and they think they can prove that it's wrong...Sometimes I just wonder how old these people are and why they waste so much of their lives arguing about which video game machine is better..

Some of my favorite quotes from this thread:

"You know I think that anyones post in this topic on how the PSP or DS is better because you can do X, Y, Z because you went out and (face it) illegally modified the system, are using a pirate cart, etc shouldn't factor into this debate."

Hrmm a debate...is that what you call this?

"STFU about the DS emulation. No one cares. You can NOT emulate the DS on the PSP. Emulation implies that the games are playable in some way shape or form, DS emulation on the PSP will NEVER be playable in ANY way. There is no speed, there is no way to control the games. It's never going to develop and it's just a way for PSP fanboys to be able to say, "MY system is better than YOURS!!111!""

who's the one saying 'my system is better than yours"???

"You seriously believe the PSP is UNDERrated?!!? How can it possibly be underrated? If anything it's over-rated. Under-rated implies something is very good and the vast majority of people think it is bad. The PSP is NOT under-rated by any means. For one, it's nowhere near as good as the fanboys say it is. And two, extras and multimedia are NOT what make a GAMING HANDHELD great, GAMES determine a GAMING handheld's greatness and longevity. And, on top of all that, the DS has media support that is just as good as the PSP."

Dear god...where are the rules in deciding which handheld is better? I think I missed them somewhere...

"So, how is the PSP better than the DS other than emulation and graphics? If you're buying a console just for the graphics anyways then your opinion is pretty much void in this argument since it is completely biased on something so very pointless."

Completely biased you say? I certainly don't think anyone in this thread could ever be biased.....

some of you people sicken me...

Heraisu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread might as well be titled "Which handheld do you have or want??"

People will argue to the death to defend their decision no matter how wrong it is proven to be.

I prefer the DS for gameplay, touchscreen ftw.
I don't have enough experience with PSP to judge it.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no psp as this is a nintendo forum to begin with, and the ds is the only proven hand held out there by popularity alone anyone should know that by now.

Y'know i agree with that the DS wins but, what I like about the PSP is it can emulate alot

P.S i don't know if you know this, but there is this thing called a pc that's been doing that for years now.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think everyone here knows this topic sucks. This topic may be "the suckiest thing that ever sucked."

In fact, I'm not sure its possible for this topic to suck anymore than it does. This topic sucks that much.

People visiting this web site have been hearing a giant sucking sound coming out of their computers every time they view this topic.

Topics like this one pollute the internet.

I am sorry Mods. This needed to be said.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC IS ghey,
 if you like PC you're on microsoft dicks LOL
but if you dant like PC, your' on APPLES dick LOLO

I preferred being on Commodore's dick, at least they treated me right.

I think everyone here knows this topic sucks. This topic may be "the suckiest thing that ever sucked."

In fact, I'm not sure its possible for this topic to suck anymore than it does. This topic sucks that much.

People visiting this web site have been hearing a giant sucking sound coming out of their computers every time they view this topic.
Â
Topics like this one pollute the internet.Â

I am sorry Mods. This needed to be said.
I've seen worst topics, some by myself but the one about some guy shagging his dog is a lot worst.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How's about PS2 and gamecube. Which so you think is better, I really can't judge cause i only have like 2 Gamecube games. But anyway I really enjoyed MGS3 so i say PS2 is better

I think the GC was the most underrated system of all times.
It's clearly slightly more powerful then the PS2, it has blazing fast loading times, and the controller is just awesome, expecially the analog stick, remains unbeatable for me ( although the d-pad on the dual shock is way better, expecially for emulation purposes ).
When a game was written from ground up for the GC ,it was often gorgeous looking and silky smooth.
Other times it was merely a PS2 port and it didn't look as good as it could.
RE4 is an example of the power of the system, in fact it shows that game ported from the PS2 to the GC look exactly the same (maybe a slightly better frame rate and faster loading times ), but but games ported from the GC to the PS2 didn't look quite as good, not to mention that the analog stick on the PS2 really suck and could never match the level of sensitivity and precision of a Nintendo one.
Too bad 3rd party developers kind of ignored the GC, it was an great system that still survives today...inside of the Wii, while everybody quickly forgot about last generations systems.....

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS wins due to the commercial game quality which is, when it comes down to it, what really matters. Sony has not really much of an in-house development team compared to Nintendo's or even Microsoft's, they really need to get with the times if they want anyone to buy a PS4 (PS3's doomed now).

I hated Sony before Lik-Sang but when they shut down Lik-Sang that was the nail in the coffin, I have been boycotting Sony products since.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
GCN and PS2

well, I went halves on a PS2 with my brother when it first came out.. didn't really play it until ICO, then a little bit of MGS2 and then I just gave up.
Something broke after MGS2, my brother asked me to help pay to fix it, I said no, he could just "own" the whole thing himself and left him to pay for it.. and he just ended up playing madden every year pretty much.

GCN, got it kinda late, eternal darkness, mario sunshine, windwaker, smash bros, pikmin- I was overwhelmed.
I know the GCN gets a lot of slack for not having as m any games as the PS2, or as many "AAA" titles... what?
seriously, I couldn't afford all the must have gcn games, let alone find the time to play them all.

I recently considered getting a PS2 again for okami, but I decided to rent first.
Meh, I really think people's standards have gone down.. okami felt even more hollow than twilight princess, and it's graphics were just a bit too much for me, which I really wasn't expecting.
Plus I couldn't and didn't want to adapt to the ps2 controller again, with it's stupid symmetrical analogues, and I've really gotten used to the octagonal design from the GCN, it's just perfect

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter