Sony Pushes PSN Exclusives - PS2 Games on PSN...

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
lilsypha said:
I can't believe the thread is already this long and just filled with general bitching. I'm shocked no-one is talking about what a bad-ass selection of games they've chosen!

I can believe it, every Sony thread is filled with this crap.

I can't believe every game thread is filled with this crap.

I'm super happy for Odin Sphere - it's one of my favorite PS2 titles, and I'd love to have it on download. I have one of the original PS3's and it does in fact play Odin Sphere, but as with everything else - the more people that get to play that awesome game, the better.

Also, I think it would've been a funny move to release that Ring of Red title around the time the 360's started bugging out.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
thaddius said:
I own some these games and would be happy to play them on my PS3 if they had maintained BC support, but Sony would rather try to sell them to me again. I understand that from their perspective it's a good business move, but from my angle it's a dick move.
They are releasing these games on the PSN for those people who didn't have a PS2 and didn't have a chance to play (or a reason to buy) those games. If you want to play the games you already own, you can do that on your PS2. Is there anything forcing you to buy those games again? Only your peculiar need to play them on a PS3 specifically, instead of a PS2.

How about 480p mode? Running most games in 480i introduces large amounts of lag.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how I see it.

No they couldn't make a patch or something to make the PS3 backwards-compatible again. But as far as I can remember, backwards compatibility wasn't exactly perfect. There were some games that had problems emulating on PS3 (I think Yakuza 1 and Tales of the Abyss were some that had problems). Not to mention that PS2 games would only be limited to PS3 users.

This way, playback of said PS2 games would not only be fully playable with little to no problems but they will also be accessible to Vita users as well, so they can also play PS2 games on the go. Not to mention PS+ gets discounts so this way, they can kill two birds with one stone and make more profit out of it.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to it. I was just thinking about getting a PS2 and buying Odin Sphere and God Hand a few days ago. I missed out on PS2 games cause I only had a GC and an Xbox so paying $10 is not a problem for me. I hope I get to see a lot more of them like some Tales of games, Xenosaga, Nocturne and many others.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
How much are these games you ask? $9.99

Time to make an Americo PSN account

Edit: Also
M3d10n @ Neogaf said:
Sony has been working on a range of tools and libraries to make it easy to re-compile PS2 games so they run on the PS3. This is far more sane and rational than trying to emulate the PS2 GPU.

Some level of emulation might actually be involved, but large parts of the games are automatically re-written to run natively. This is similar to 360 emulation of "problem case" games, which involved actually re-compiling the game as native 360 games using a special SDK.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For people bitching, good lord, shut up. Either:

A) We get it. You don't like Sony. Now leave.
or
B) Boohoo, they are releasing a handful of PS2 titles for purchase. Games from a system, oh, let me check, what is that, 10 years old now? Get over it.

I think this is pretty damn awesome, myself. My bro needs to get his shit together so that I have a PS3 to enjoy again.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
so THIS is why they removed backwards compatibility...

guess the conspiracy theorists weren't crazy after all...

1. remove ps2 compatibility and pretend that it's loosing you money.

2.b. (OR) force users to buy a HD remastered collection of ps2 games they already own to maximise profits

3. a. Force users to re-purchase ps2 games on the PSN store that they already have physical copies of.

4. Take away their ownership and force users to agree to new terms and condtions and strip away thier rights of owning physical copies that they can't trade to the evil-infamous-worse-than-satan-himself GameStop that "oh so cuts into their massive profits" and charge more than retail price for the digital download and lie to customers and say it's the devs fault.

5. ????

6. (you guessed it) MORE PROFIT.

it goes like this ^^

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice maxio... i grew up on that game when it came out... i wonder how many gig's each game takes?

also to people who are bitching about sony just SHUT THE BUCK UP!! so what if you can't play ps2 games on your sony ps3 unless your god or something you can make that happen if not shove it!! i don't know about the other games i wonder if any of them are mutil player (i know maixo is one) i just hope almost all makes will release some games that are still classic's (cross's fingers for Capcom Vs SNK 2) and i'm wondering if the games that have ps2 online will be online for ps3 (i dobut that will happen)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DJPlace said:
nice maxio... i grew up on that game when it came out... i wonder how many gig's each game takes?

also to people who are bitching about sony just SHUT THE BUCK UP!!

keep bending down to sony and let them ass [censored] you, thats a good fanboy, make sure you take your bullshit medicine like a good boy.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow guild can remove post in here? holy crap man... well back on topic i saw what that grim game looks like and i think it sucks... but still i wonder if the japanese people are getting this first. looks like fun through i was going save me money for some KOF XIII and the new dragon ball z game but i may not now through...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
How much are these games you ask? $9.99

For the record, according to Amazon (shipping and handling included in prices):

- God Hand: $23 (used), $70 (new)
- Grim Grimoire: $13 (used), $20 (new)
- Maximo: Ghost to Glory: $3 (used), $25 (new)
- Odin Sphere: $13 (used), $23 (new)
- Ring of Red: $10 (used), $90 (new)

Yup, Sony are gigantic rip offs. Only game that's cheaper on the list is Maximo, and that's used.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Schlupi said:
Unrelated pic:
2011-08-01-apologies.png
Unrelated pic:

2011-09-12-nintendont.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm