Sony Pushes PSN Exclusives - PS2 Games on PSN...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Cloud1&2 please?
closedeyes.gif

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm.. I have all of them all ready. And I really don't feel the need to the buy them again. Nice that they are out again. Maybe this time they'll sell well..... Probably not....

Maybe a God Hand 2 will finally come out....

Oveneise

Trophies
Website
ACAdapterquotes.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
chartube12 said:
By rare they mean early games, but it would be nice if they added some games from late in the PS2's life as well.
What?

God Hand (2007)
GrimGrimoire (2007)
Odin Sphere (2007 (2008 for Europe))
Ring of Red (2001)
Maximo (2002)

God Hand, Grim and Odin Sphere are the games I'm most looking forward to since I've never played them and people seem to go on about them so much.

...Wait a second. Maximo is rare?! My local Half Price Books has a copy for $3 (in the case and everything). Should I get it?

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
This whole idea of classic PS2 games on PSN still confuses me. What do they really mean by 'classic'?

To be honest, I never heard of those games in my life. Are these like the old old ones? How bout FFX or the likes? Are they considered classic or not? =/

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how much would it cost to to add PS2 backwards compatibility now? I can't imagine it would cost that much, given that the technology in question is over eleven years old.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's 2011, and some people STILL haven't experienced God Hand? It should be like, a game everybody must play, no matter what genre you like.

It's my favourite game of all time. ALL TIME. That game is why I buy everything touched by Shinji Mikami. Well, skipping ports and whatnot though, obviously. I would gladly rebuy it though, even if it means Capcom gets a bit of money.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
So how long before Sony removes PS2 support (or at least blocks those games from running on a hardware BC PS3) from PS3s that have full hardware support for it to encourage people to buy the PSN version?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryupower said:
dgwillia said:
Shut-up-and-take-my-money-300x187.jpg

Give us Dark Cloud's, Radiata Stories, and Star Ocean 3, and i will be a Sony Fanboy for life.

i have all 3 of them
for my ps2 (REAL copys)

but will buy them if they come to the PSN as i have a ps3 slim
and they are good games
I went through 3 copys of dark cloud two, they died due to the wear from being played too much...Id love a non breakable copy

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nl255 said:
So how long before Sony removes PS2 support (or at least blocks those games from running on a hardware BC PS3) from PS3s that have full hardware support for it to encourage people to buy the PSN version?

If that's really what you think is happening, I have no words.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lilsypha said:
nl255 said:

If that's really what you think is happening, I have no words.
Only on GBAtemp!

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Yes they didn't have ps2 compatibility because everyone was just buying the cheap ps2 games instead of the expensive ps3 games.
Plus everyone would not buy games cause they already have heaps of ps2 games.
But on PSN you need to buy them again.

facepalm2.jpg

I heard a FFX HD remake is coming up. :> I can't wait for that, as FFX is my favorite game in the Final Fantasy series. I'm also hoping for a ton of other PS2 games, like the Fatal Frame series, Star Ocean 3.. maybe .hack... *__*

Personally, I'm excited for this. Anyone bitching about their "need" to play their PS2 games on a PS3 (or their willingness to pay more for BC) can:
• Shut up and play them on their PS2
• Buy an older model with BC off Amazon or eBay or something

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If they're not emulated, they're ports (or partial ports). Making a port =/= copy the original game and just release it digitally. Some work is required and sometimes it's not very easy work. Reason why old games may not work on newer computers for example.. Also there are lots of games people should play and some of those are now becoming available via PSN. What really interests me is what happens to load times. Are they around the same as on the PS2 (with larger games or such)? Also more rarer games for a cheap price! In the end, unlike a lot of people here, a lot of people just buy the latest games. They may just sell their Black Ops when MW3 get released. The same people may not give a dung about PS2 compatibility and still make the majority of PS3 owners. You never know..

@people bitching: At least there are still PS2s being sold, unlike a lot of old consoles. The PS2 can also play PS1 games (like the PS3), which is something that can be valued. Basically with 2 consoles, you can play the whole library of games made by Sony (excluding PSP titles). Can you say the same with Nintendo? Microsoft has only 2 consoles so that's close to this. Nintendo on the other hand.. NES = Buy via VC, SNES = Buy via VC, etc. You get my point. Being a same type of media to load games (CD/DVD/BluRay) doesn't mean they can be loaded with a simple disc insertion..

-Qtis

ps. Inb4 "MY (insert console here) GAMES DON'T WORK ON THE (insert another console)?! THEY MAKE ME BUY THEM AGAIN?!". Instead this: "THEY GIVE ME THE OPTION OF PLAYING OLD GAMES ON A NEW (insert console here) YAY! ALSO NEW PEOPLE GET TO EXPERIENCE THE JOY!"

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
god hand is really awesome with its action combo and everything BUT too hard. i couldnt play around 20% in the game without codes.

awesome game but too difficult

enough about that, this is really cool. even cooler is the fact that the rare games are coming. its like, u wanna add something special inside an already special thing.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shakirmoledina said:
god hand is really awesome with its action combo and everything BUT too hard. i couldnt play around 20% in the game without codes.

awesome game but too difficult

enough about that, this is really cool. even cooler is the fact that the rare games are coming. its like, u wanna add something special inside an already special thing.
Are you serious? God Hand wasn't too hard. It WAS pretty tough on Hard mode, but normal mode just challenges you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh