Sony attempts to get a restraining order

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Nine pages of non-lawyers debating on who might win a sue (sp?) that wasn't filed yet (just a temporary restraining order).

The possibility of going to prison for hacking a VG console is stupid though. We have "special" prisons for the insane, don't we? Let's build prisons for the nerd. New times ask for new punishments.
(Just to contribute to the the discussion that leads to nowhere
tongue.gif
)

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ato Puro said:
Nine pages of non-lawyers debating on who might win a sue (sp?) that wasn't filed yet (just a temporary restraining order).

I think it would be "who might win a suit". There are also questions to the validity of even requesting the TPO. It can even be seen as a way to try and get evidence of suspected crimes by misusing the law to gain access to material they would need some sort of proof to normally gain. I am half expecting that Sony think they will find leaked firmware source code on a PC somewhere. Sonys motion is also full of lies hid behind a veil of ignorance. It may just be stupidity but that could be seen as misrepresentation. But with it been Sony and a lot of the lies being about the PS3 itself I don't think the "we don't really understand this computer shit" would be at all a good stance to try and pull off.

QUOTEThe possibility of going to prison for hacking a VG console is stupid though. We have "special" prisons for the insane, don't we? Let's build prisons for the nerd. New times ask for new punishments.
tongue.gif
)

Yes, throwing a bunch of "criminally" smart people in the same prison would be a great idea, just the way to turn them straight. It works so well with violent people or drug dealers.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBiWmQYk_n4

Damn if Hotz wins this suit, he's gonna be a celeb xD
that interview is just getting him negative rep
simply because he is there trying to inflate his massive ego more

taking credit for everything and not mentioning the work of any other team or stuff like jailbreak
and then said he will hack the PSP2 also

im sure if somebody else post all the instructions how to do it, he will just do it to claim he hacked it first

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
MrCooper said:
I don't like PS3 "jailbreak". Here hold on let me spend multiple days downloading a game.It originally started as a way to back up your own games.

QUOTE(Ato Puro @ Jan 13 2011, 11:58 AM) (Just to contribute to the the discussion that leads to nowhere
tongue.gif
)
Nobody's making you post.

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Rydian said:
Ato Puro said:
tongue.gif
)
Nobody's making you post.

Well, I wanted to join the trash talk party. Can you imagine a prison filled with hackers only? Since they won't have to bother with a job or a life (which they usually don't bother with), they could get together and hack so much stuff even without direct access to a PC or the internet. Man, the "homebrew" scene would skyrocket.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Blasingame said:
If anything I bet this will result in an out of court settlement like the Aussie kid that uploaded New Super Mario Bros.

Hotz has a lot of confidence in winning the case, so as for settling it out of court, the chances are slim to none.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Shano56 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBiWmQYk_n4

Damn if Hotz wins this suit, he's gonna be a celeb xD
that interview is just getting him negative rep
simply because he is there trying to inflate his massive ego more

taking credit for everything and not mentioning the work of any other team or stuff like jailbreak
and then said he will hack the PSP2 also

im sure if somebody else post all the instructions how to do it, he will just do it to claim he hacked it first

yep thats EgoHotz for ya, least we know the truth, we can thank fail0verflow for all their contributions. The real hackers are behind the scene and don't inflate their ego, much less appear on tv, dark-alex anyone?(yes he's lone gone, but at least he didn't show his face and was behind the scenes.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast