Gaming Sonic Unleashed (Wii)

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ign just reviewed it and gave it a 7.2 saying that the daytime stages eclipse all other sonic games making if undoubtedly one of the best in the series EVER and if it weren't for the nighttime stages (which aren't bad but kill the pace) this game would be truly awesome.

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
that makes sense i guess.... v cool re: daytime stages. Hopefully this will be just the beginning in a long series of what we could call sonic's "comeback"

any idea why it still isn't out yet?

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bet if the 360 version does as well or better than the wii in both reviews and sales then this will be the beginning of sonic's comeback, its been a long time coming!

and im waiting just like you haha

chaseincats

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonicandtails said:
xtalarge said:
A whole world is missing (Empire City) and another world (Mazuri) has been limited.

There goes any chance of me getting the Wii version.
Yes, in exchange, more levels were added to other scenarios.

more levels were added? I havent heard this could you elaborate?

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
Sonicandtails said:
xtalarge said:
A whole world is missing (Empire City) and another world (Mazuri) has been limited.

There goes any chance of me getting the Wii version.
Yes, in exchange, more levels were added to other scenarios.

more levels were added? I havent heard this could you elaborate?
It's been a little while, so I can't exactly find it off hand before I pass out, but it was stated that while it looses two Zones, it gets more Acts in the already existing Zones. Thus, it makes up for the loss.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
thats a good comparision of horsepower but were their any content differences between the two as I never owned a master system

X360 and Wii

Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System

But even with the graphical difference and exclusivity of some stages, I prefer the MS version because of this:

Totally epic =3

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, the scrap brain zone was really amazing. I think the genesis one is better but the sms version had some awesome plattforming and was IMO really great as well!

I really hope, that someone will dump unleashed today, because the PS2 version already got dumped yesterday
frown.gif

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I've never played MS sonic 1. My 10 year old self was traumatized by the totally unfair difficulty of Sonic 2 on GG, so the 8-bit sonics only bring back bad memories.
What was that at the end of scrap brain zone? Sonic follows robotnik somewhere? what happens next?

*must vent frustration over unreleased unleashed!*

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HyperShadow said:
I've never played MS sonic 1. My 10 year old self was traumatized by the totally unfair difficulty of Sonic 2 on GG, so the 8-bit sonics only bring back bad memories.
What was that at the end of scrap brain zone? Sonic follows robotnik somewhere? what happens next?

HAHA, it certainly is released but it`s not dumped yet
tongue.gif
(
hate2.gif
)

There is another Zone: after the scrab brain
wink.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
MG4M3R said:
QUOTE said:
thats a good comparision of horsepower but were their any content differences between the two as I never owned a master system

X360 and Wii

It's almost like 2 different games.. when you see then side by side.. even Sonic's voice is different.

Sstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
HyperShadow said:

The 8-bit sonics weren't that bad. I remember my 8 year old self playing sonic triple trouble, sonic chaos and sonic drift 2. Of course, the 16-bit sonics were great
grog.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:

Ok.. so this is what happens ^^:

QUOTEYeah, the scrap brain zone was really amazing. I think the genesis one is better but the sms version had some awesome plattforming and was IMO really great as well!

I really love the sms scrap brain, that song really rox ^^

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=BaNdS75cCac

Also, someone noticed a certain similarity in the Credits song with a certain music of Sonic Unleashed?

PS.:I really can't wait anymore X_X Must play unleashed =p

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
It's almost like 2 different games.. when you see then side by side.. even Sonic's voice is different.

The reason the voices are different is because the 360 video is the Japanese version of the game. The Wii video is the English.

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but from what I see, the Wii still plays exactly like the 360 one. Missing levels and stage design aside.

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Oh awesome ... sms sonic looks cooler than i imagined

Yeah it was actually sonic chaos that ended up curing my sonic2 "trauma" and got me to love sonic so much as to save all my allowance and buy a megadrive (genesis). That's when I played the "real" Sonic 2, and I was hooked. Needless to say none of the 3D incarnations ever came close to the thrill a Sonic fanboy experiences when he gets that final super emerald in Sonic3&K. *reminisce*

Come on Sega - I want to be a Sonic fanboy again! A sonic fanboy with a job and a mortgage, but a sonic fanboy nonetheless!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay