Sonic the Hedgehog's voice actor is leaving the role after 10 years of work

Sonic-Colors.jpg

The voice actor for Sonic the Hedgehog seems to be moving on from his role as the blue blur. Roger Craig Smith posted on Twitter saying that 10 years had been "an amazing run" and that he would be going on to new zones. He began his tenure as Sonic's voice actor starting with Sonic Colors, taking over for previous actor Jason Griffith, and would reprise the role in each of the following games including the most recent mainline title, Sonic Forces. Beyond the Twitter post, there hasn't been any other information as to who will be taking over the position.

:arrow: Source

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it’ll be much of a precedent; Mario basically has to talk for movies and TV shows, and the only games where he says more then his basic set of vernacular afaik are Hotel Mario and the educational games which weren’t really trying to be mainline Mario games.
I hope she made LOSTA SPAGHETTI

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my perfect world they’ll bring back Ryan Drummond (voice actor from Sonic Adventure 1/2) but that’s not going to happen so I’m gonna cross my fingers that it’ll be Jason Griffith again and not the guy from the movie.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good, give the role back to Jaleel White. He's the only Sonic voice actor that's worthy in my opinion.

View attachment 243898
D7sA4dMUwAA3zVi.jpg

"Kids, there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like. But if someone tries to touch you in a place or a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good! It's your body - no-one has the right to touch you if you don't want them to. So what do you do? First, you say no. Then you get out of there. Most important ya gotta tell someone you trust, like your parents, your teacher, a police officer!"

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
D7sA4dMUwAA3zVi.jpg

"Kids, there's nothing more cool than being hugged by someone you like. But if someone tries to touch you in a place or a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good! It's your body - no-one has the right to touch you if you don't want them to. So what do you do? First, you say no. Then you get out of there. Most important ya gotta tell someone you trust, like your parents, your teacher, a police officer!"
So that’s why pro smash players don’t like sonic

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-