Homebrew Sonic mania port to wii u

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
A new environment for the EnvironmentLoader, just like Tiramisu is.
It has a plugin that automatically displays .wuhb and .rpx files on the Wii U Menu as a installed game.
Interesting, what is a .wuhb file btw? I wonder if this can modify the Wii U so that it can read USB like Fat32 or something, I’ll have to look into that later when I get some free time.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what is a .wuhb file btw?
Basically a ROMFS containing the .rpx and some meta files (splash screens, bootsound and stuff).
I wonder if this can modify the Wii U so that it can read USB like Fat32 or something
Apples and oranges. FAT32 on USB has been possible since 5 years: https://github.com/dimok789/mocha/commit/43f1af08a345b333e800ac1e2e18e7aa153e9da9 - it's buggy as hell through as FAT32 doesn't support all the things the Wii U needs (like permissions).
AFAIK someone works on something similiar with NTFS through.

Reactions: jeannotte

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Version 0.6 has just dropped, idk why they don’t just call it version 1.0 both the Vita and 3DS versions started with 1.0 and I honestly think the Wii U version is for the most part the most stable version.

Reactions: fmhugo

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Decided to pack my own installers so you can launch the game directly from the Wii U Menu, it is based on the latest release by the time I'm editing this post.

TV & GamePad
mania_vanilla_tv-png.324625

mania_vanilla_gamepad-png.324627

Icon
mania_vanilla_icon-png.324626

Boot sound: Ring

TV & GamePad
mania_plus_tv-png.324631

mania_plus_gamepad-png.324630

Icon
mania_plus_icon-png.324629

Boot sound: Chaos Emerald + Ring (Inspired by Generations 3DS)

Choosing one is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here: https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/releases/tag/v0.3, the Data.rsdk goes on sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk.

I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is out.
I know you said you’re not making a wup forwarder after 0.5 because of aroma but I still use tiramisu and I really like your Mania forwarder I was hoping you’d still make a new one for version 0.6 🙏

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
? Wouldn't you just need to replace the rpx itself instead of the forwarder?
The channels made by NinStar embed the rpx file. TBH this is the only channel I am using that isn't strictly a forwarder, meaning just a shortcut to the rpx inside the SD card, which tends to be the commonly used way, specially since you only have to replace the file in the SD for updates.

Kinda strange nobody has made a traditional Wii U forwarder yet, as the art already released looks really good for that.

Reactions: godreborn

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
The channels made by NinStar embed the rpx file. TBH this is the only channel I am using that isn't strictly a forwarder, meaning just a shortcut to the rpx inside the SD card, which tends to be the commonly used way, specially since you only have to replace the file in the SD for updates.

Kinda strange nobody has made a traditional Wii U forwarder yet, as the art already released looks really good for that.
I honestly prefer embedding the rpx files instead, the less reliance on reading from SD the better for me, just keep everything on USB.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
I know you said you’re not making a wup forwarder after 0.5 because of aroma but I still use tiramisu and I really like your Mania forwarder I was hoping you’d still make a new one for version 0.6 🙏
I never dropped the WUP version, I'll be updating both soon.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never dropped the WUP version, I'll be updating both soon.
I'll just wait for yours. I deleted my setup since there are only two different names for all six or seven ports. the only one I couldn't compile was the android one, and my god is android confusing as hell. I did manage to compile super mario 64 for android though, just not sonic mania.

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Decided to pack my own installers so you can launch the game directly from the Wii U Menu, it is based on the latest release by the time I'm editing this post.

TV & GamePad
mania_vanilla_tv-png.324625

mania_vanilla_gamepad-png.324627

Icon
mania_vanilla_icon-png.324626

Boot sound: Ring

TV & GamePad
mania_plus_tv-png.324631

mania_plus_gamepad-png.324630

Icon
mania_plus_icon-png.324629

Boot sound: Chaos Emerald + Ring (Inspired by Generations 3DS)

Choosing one is just a matter of which design you prefer, to enable Mania Plus you have to follow the instructions mentioned here: https://github.com/Clownacy/Sonic-Mania-Decompilation/releases/tag/v0.3, the Data.rsdk goes on sd:/RSDK/v5/Data.rsdk.

I'll be updating this post whenever a new release is out.
Updated to v0.6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q