Sonic mania 3ds port released!

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with the build setup wanna post a compile with DLC enabled? Also, ideally I'd like to get a 3dsx build as well, as I tend to avoid installing homebrew ports on my home screen. If nobody does it I'll sort out compiling it myself.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone with the build setup wanna post a compile with DLC enabled? Also, ideally I'd like to get a 3dsx build as well, as I tend to avoid installing homebrew ports on my home screen. If nobody does it I'll sort out compiling it myself.
just built a new one, which seems to have been updated less than a day ago. it's untested. they messed up the file path when building the cia. instead of 3ds it's 3DS.

edit: okay, both work, just tested them.

Attachments

• RSDKv5.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 95
Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just built a new one, which seems to have been updated less than a day ago. it's untested. they messed up the file path when building the cia. instead of 3ds it's 3DS.

edit: okay, both work, just tested them.
Thanks that saves me the trouble of probably setting up a linux vm. Much appreciated. 👍

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, it does work in windows. I just tested it by changing the linux files to windows'. it even works in cmd prompt like here:

1676796019645.png

Reactions: lordelan

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just put this here. if you do the Amy mod, this is how your folder should look (not that it uses a different save file, so just make a copy of yours, if you were playing the game before, and rename that copy). I think mods are still disabled sorta, but you can use them still under certain conditions:

image.png

Post automatically merged:

btw, I got that image on discord, so credits to them.

Reactions: DSoryu and lordelan

davidgf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there!
I recently got a 2DS and I was stoked to play Sonic Mania on it (my switch sorta died and it's not very usable). However load times are teeerrible.
So I went ahead and proposed a small fix that makes load times up to 4x faster!
Sent a PR to the upstream repo, and in the meantime, built and uploaded a copy of my version:

https://github.com/davidgfnet/RSDKv5-Decompilation-3DS/releases/tag/io_fixes

It's fast enough that is worth playing. Hope you enjoy too!
Sorry to bump an old thread :/

Edit:
I also noticed that pre-decrypting the datapack can give it an extra boost (quite small though). Better than nothing to be honest. I won't post the decrypted datapack, but you can decrypt your own using this scripts (python and C++ version, python is very slow, sorry!):

gist.github.com/davidgfnet/baef7a6c29724288b74eca6b2bdaa51f
gist.github.com/davidgfnet/b95a5f9f3e2c377ace201c34046c303d

Last edited by davidgf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol