Gaming Sonic Generations - Stages all confirmed for 3DS release set!

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
So in total that's 15 levels!? Funny how many complain about Mario 3D being short when reading about this :ninja:

And according to Capcom's price policy this should be 10 bucks :P
There are 14 acts, 7 special stages, and 6 bosses.
I'd say that has plenty for a sonic game especially with the multiplayer, time attack and (MAYBE) super sonic playability in normal acts

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

New video guys!
Very low quality, however it does indeed show Emerald Coast Modern in full.

Credits : Thigolf - Youtube

Edit: 0:43 - What the F*** - he says that when he dies when missing a jump panel, hahah!

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There are 14 acts, 7 special stages, and 6 bosses.
I'd say that has plenty for a sonic game especially with the multiplayer, time attack and (MAYBE) super sonic playability in normal acts

Plus classic Sonic and Modern Sonic take different routes through the levels, so that makes 28 levels.

Also has it been confirmed that Green Hill Zone act 3 has been dropped? I suppose it makes sense for all the levels to have the same amount of acts but I did like Act 3 :(

Reactions: 1 person

Thrust

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I the only one who thinks this kinda defeats the purpose? I mean in this game modern sonic is pretty much rush sonic and I guess classic is generally the same but if they are both 2D not much sets them apart, I thought that was kinda the whole point

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
am I the only one who thinks this kinda defeats the purpose? I mean in this game modern sonic is pretty much rush sonic and I guess classic is generally the same but if they are both 2D not much sets them apart, I thought that was kinda the whole point
yeah...the only real difference now that C. Sonic has homing, is the boosting and lack of spindash, oh and the occasional grinding

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Play.com just emailed me to say that my copy was dispatched today. Odd; I thought it wasn't due until the end of the week in the UK? Looking forward to playing this tomorrow then, and putting SM3D Land on ebay ! :)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Play.com just emailed me to say that my copy was dispatched today. Odd; I thought it wasn't due until the end of the week in the UK? Looking forward to playing this tomorrow then, and putting SM3D Land on ebay ! :)

How much for? lol

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Was going to put it up for 25 on ebay seeing as it's only about a week old. PM me if you want to buy privately, could shave a couple of quid off as ebay fees will be avoided.

On a sadder not, Sonic still hasn't arrived :(

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Sonic Generations 3DS now, and to be honest I'm less than impressed.

The opening three stages for Classic Sonic, in fact are directly remade from their Genesis counterparts. Later Classic Sonic levels introduce a homing attack and make little to no effort to make it play like classic Sonic.
The game is full of pitfalls and cheap traps, no surprise considering this is Dimps, but unlike the console version where it is generally okay to miss a chance to get onto a better platform, failure to hit some of these events will cause all kinds of problems.
Suppose you don't hit a ramp at full speed, Sonic will travel across a gap but not all the way.

Lemme tell ya, Radical highway is pissing me the fuck off, it's offering some of the worst Dimps has. Remember those gold beetle enemies in Sonic Adventure 2, that would go away if you didn't get to them fast enough? They are practically IMPOSSIBLE to reach in this game because they appear far before you can even get close to them. It's dreadfully designed. This game doesn't place any safety nets up, rather than allowing the player to perform somewhat poorly, they insist that you fall to your doom repeatedly.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to Guildie things up, But I dont really understand why people want this game so bad, I played the ps3 version and all it feels like is sonic adventure and the genesis games with a flashy upgrade. I dun know, maybe its cuz my friends wont shut up about it :P

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for some of the reviews guys. I've only been able to find a few reviews about it so far, but now I think I'll just wait till the price goes down.
You'd do well to, I paid £38 for a pretty dissatisfying game. It was short in length sure but I had no desire to replay it. You don't get much better practising these stages at all, it's all cheap shots at the player and I hate it.

Good thing I was able to trade it back in for £30, towards an online order of Cave Story 3D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: