Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Klarkykat, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010

Sonic Classic Collection by Klarkykat at 9:22 PM (3,323 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Klarkykat
    OP

Member Klarkykat GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Isn't this out tomorrow!?

[​IMG]

2. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Yeah, but it looks cack so don't concern yourself with it. It looks very poorly done.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yes.

Did this really warrant a thread? Use Google next time or various game information sites if you need to know the date.

4. Klarkykat
    OP

Ireland
    Why doesn't it warrant a thread? It's a DS game isn't it!?

Sorry, but i haven't heard much about it. And Blaze, how does it look poorly done? All they have to do is leave those games as they are and it'll be awesome. I can't wait for it. To have those 4 Sonic games on my DS.

Endless hours of fun.

[​IMG]

5. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Sonic Classic Collection: Good but, buah.

Go to the REAL important.

Megaman Zero Collection! When will this be released?

6. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, some people reported "minor slowdown" which some people took as "BAAAHH THIS IS GONNA BE SONIC GENESIS ALL OVER AGAIN" but the tested version was also an earlier build and only of part of one game. Even then the slowdown is supposedly not too bad. They're also using emulation instead of porting, which I guess is nice in keeping the authenticity of the game.

7. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    From the screens I've seen there seem to various graphical bugs like the letters getting messed up at the start of each level, the second screen seems pretty much wasted, and this doesn't really provide anything we don't all already have on emulators anyway. It hardly seems worth downloading, except maybe for the S3+K combi which to my knowledge doesn't work on emulators.

8. Klarkykat
    OP

Ireland
    I just liked the idea of having these games portably, but from what you guys are saying it sounds worrying. Slowdowns and Sonic don't go together. But sure we'll see. Hopefully most of those issues have been fixed now.

9. DeepFriedAsian

Member DeepFriedAsian GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was pumped when it was first announced. Then I heard reports of slowdown in the early build of the game (Which will hopefully be fixed in the final release). Then I read this article http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/02/sega-one...-genesis-games/ . To be honest, I don't care if it's squished, just as long as it plays like the old Sonic.

If Sega screws one of my favorite games up (Sonic 3 & Knuckles), I will not be a happy camper.

10. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Summer 2010... Vague.

11. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Well, I'm anxious to have the compilation outside of a homebrew emulator on my DS. As long as the games play closer to the Sega Genesis versions and less like Sonic Genesis on the GBA, I'll be fine. I'm not THAT picky about minor slowdown in some areas, if that is still an issue in the final release.

It is my understanding that these are more like replica-remakes, not really ports or emulation. But I guess we'll see for sure in a couple days or so.

I think it's going to be more fun (for me anyway) to watch all the uber-hardcore Sonic fans rip this compilation to shreds for every teeny, tiny difference it will have compared to the originals. Meanwhile, I'll be playing the game and enjoying it for what it is, regardless of any flaws.....as long as the flaws aren't showstopping, of course.

12. Azoth2090

Member Azoth2090 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only reason I'm getting this is because it has Knuckles in Sonic 3

13. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    @Rayder

That will be me. [​IMG] Honestly though, the scaling REALLY bugs me here. It looks horrible. I always played JenesisDS with the scaling off, which meant I was playing with more limited viewing distance, but at least it looked good. The scaling looks horrendous, and they didn't even squish the game from left to right, just vertically, which makes it look even more uneven and horrible.

This will probably be a good or at least decent attempt at porting these games. I just don't see why it has to look so blatantly bad squished and why we have to deal with slowdown on a system more than 10x more powerful than the Genesis (just in clock speed).

14. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    i for one am looking forward to this, i finally get to play as knuckles in sonic 3 on my DS. JenesisDS cant emulate the ROM

15. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    I love sonic
    I ultimately love the older sonics
    This thing is like slapping me awake and giving my **** a ****

(that's a good thing - Use imagination)

16. kicknhorse

Member kicknhorse GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I want some Klarkykat! And what about some yellow bentines? I don't want to be triple jacked over a steeple hammer.

17. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Already own the gamecube version(which I play time to time) so no point in playing on a smaller screen...

18. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Don't worry, it's Sega. They WILL screw it up, as they've done for the last decade.

19. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    This is one of my most hyped games of the month, hope it gets dumped soon [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.