sonic chronicles

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jothri, Mar 19, 2010.

Mar 19, 2010

sonic chronicles by Jothri at 3:03 AM (1,043 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Jothri
    OP

Newcomer Jothri Advanced Member

United States
    Hello all [​IMG] .

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood ends with "the end?" Is there going to be a sequel? I can't find good enough information about this game, and this cliffhanger is bugging me. I liked this game, and nothing I read says that they are going to release a second one, yet there is a story written for a new Sonic Chronicles. Is this being debated or something? I read some good reviews on it too, so I think there should be a new Sonic Chronicles, and if there is it should be harder to beat.

2. Maitosuklaa

Newcomer Maitosuklaa Advanced Member

Sweden
    I think it's pretty obvious Sega is going to milk this series for all it's worth as well. So yeah, a sequal is pretty much a done deal.

Posts merged

EDIT: What the hell? Did I lag out or something? Didn't mean to double post, sorry.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    I think it is uncertain whether a sequal will come. It sold well (I think) but got less than stellar reviews. I honestly dont really mind as it is Bioware and they rock and since it is a different team that handles Mass Effect, there is no problems.

4. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    It's been one and a half years since the US release (09/30/08), I'm not sure there will be a sequel for Sonic Chronicles. But I'm expecting a sequel too because I like RPG [​IMG]

5. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    I thought there was going to be a sequel, but I didn't really like the game so I'm not interested in it [​IMG]

6. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    I liked the game, or at least the little bit I played of it. I just dragged on and got more boring too fast.

7. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Bioware expressed interest in a sequel saying one is being developed, but i think it should just be killed if they don't improve anything. The first game ended up sucking rather badly, and i'm in doubt as to whether Bioware would be likely to take the complaints and learn from them. It's probably their worst game ever, a real stinker to me. I'd be sad if they continued what made the first so crappy. However, i'd give a sequel a chance if they spent more time polishing it and don't release it half finished feeling and cheap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Chronicles#Sequel

Shame because i feel a Sonic RPG could possibly work, no stupider of an idea than Mario RPG. As it is though-

- laggy engine that makes moving annoying, add some platforming and a decent optimized engine
    - horrible butchering of great old music, next time USE real composition from 3D blast
    - bad fetch quests, at LEAST make them fun if you must include them
    - ugly 3D graphics, i'd go the 2D route if you can't make decent looking models
    - boring and drags on with no interest
    - poor pacing and level progression (needs balance in combat)
    - just a really poor presentation, feels like an early build that shouldn't have been released

8. Jothri
    OP

Newcomer Jothri Advanced Member

United States
    I liked it too, but I guess it is remaining a cliffhanger.