geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Sega All-Stars Racing is okay, but there's a few points I must nitpick.

First, invincibility. For example, Sonic's "Super Sonic" form always seems to run me into a wall that I can't turn out of, making me have to wait roughly fifteen seconds for it to end. Way to get me out of sixth place, Sonic!
Also, I found Sega's courses to be a bit long and boring. I'd cross the finish line with my automatic clock saying "alright, on to the next course", until I and realize I've only just started my final lap. Ugh...

A few others, too, but you've surely heard enough of my complaining.
wink.gif

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing

Pros

+It has Sonic and other familiar characters
+It has BEAT from one of my favorite games of all time.
+The music is familiar (to me). Some of the songs are from Sonic Heroes, if you didn't know. Yes I know that game is bad, but still.
+It's pretty fast paced, the DS version, that is.
+Lots of tracks and all of them are unique
+You're actually rewarded for being in first place. For example, you are given shields and boost power-ups sometimes.

Cons

-Items seem like an exact clone of MK's items
-Items are somewhat unfair. For example, if you have a homing missile and you shoot it behind you, it will home in on whoever is behind you. Red Shells in Mario Kart do not do this
-It doesn't have snaking (I loved me some snaking)
-There's on track, I forget which, that was pretty annoying the first couple of times you play on it. It was a ship-like stage iirc, and it involved you doing constant u-turns and whatnot.

Mario Kart DS

Pros
+It's Mario kart, what can I say
+Snaking which adds depth to the game. I myself still haven't perfected my snaking technique after all these years.

Cons

-If you're in first place, prepare to get raped with items by everyone behind you. Blue shells, red shells, random green shells, the works.

Diddy Kong Racing DS

Pros

Cons

-horrible

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart is generally better, I have to say. As for racers on the DS in total, I'd give the crown to Sideswiped. That game is amazing. It's the dark horse of dark horses, the gem of hidden gems, for the DS.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geoflcl said:
Sega All-Stars Racing is okay, but there's a few points I must nitpick.

First, invincibility. For example, Sonic's "Super Sonic" form always seems to run me into a wall that I can't turn out of, making me have to wait roughly fifteen seconds for it to end. Way to get me out of sixth place, Sonic!
Also, I found Sega's courses to be a bit long and boring. I'd cross the finish line with my automatic clock saying "alright, on to the next course", until I and realize I've only just started my final lap. Ugh...

A few others, too, but you've surely heard enough of my complaining.
wink.gif

I'd have to agree on the courses. They're just not as interesting as the ones in Mario Kart DS. The console versions of SASASR are vastly superior in the track design, but even then I still think they lack the originality Mario Kart has.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
girugamarc said:
-There's on track, I forget which, that was pretty annoying the first couple of times you play on it. It was a ship-like stage iirc, and it involved you doing constant u-turns and whatnot.
I HATE THAT TRACK!

The music in sonic is annoying.
The level design is really cool, though.

I'll decide and vote after I play some more. ^^;

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
girugamarc said:
I HATE THAT TRACK!

The music in sonic is annoying.
The level design is really cool, though.

I'll decide and vote after I play some more. ^^;

The track is Monkey Target I think, and yes, it's horribly designed. Not enough turning room, blind turns, etc. Not even the highest handling characters can make those turns. It's just such an awful course. The rest are decent, though.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Kart has more Single-Card-Play features while Sonic and SEGA: All-Stars Racing have only a few features (play ONE game of racing then automatically d/c's you).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E