Sonic and sega all-stars racing vs Mario Kart

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Crystal the Glaceon, Feb 28, 2010.

?

Mario Kart or Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

1. Mario Kart DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Diddy Kong Racing DS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Crystal the Glaceon
    OP

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Just wondering what everyone thinks? And why they think that game is better?
    EDIT: Forgot all about Diddy Kong Racing, sorry about that, added it to the list
    This is for the DS versions of the games only.

2. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I wish I could say something, but I can't get it to work... ;_;

I do the ARM7 patch, with Simcity, but I only get a DS Program File, that opens into 2 white screens.

3. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    The music in SSASR is a bit annoying... I also think they should have left out the VF characters from the intro... I prefer just the "cartoony" characters... rather than mixed with "real"...

And where is the Diddy Kong Racing option...? I really wanted to choose that! But I chose MK instead...

As for the game play... It is hard to compare. I miss the analogue stick of the N64. I played vast amounts of MK64 & DKR on N64... and the analogue controls beat the DS version hands down.

But comparing only DS versions (which is only fair)... I still prefer DKR or MK....

BTW -- SSASR reminds me of playing Sonic R on the Saturn -- but I would say Sonic R is better...

4. Crystal the Glaceon
    OP

Antarctica
    I forgot all about that game

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    wait why is diddy kong add?

mario has more items

soinc might be better

mario have more karts and it for each person

but sonic has better paths and environment

Which sonic you are all most flying when get hit then to mario kart

items and falling off recovery are much quicker then mario

controls bout the same

sonic does not have the behind boost either

sonic drifting could have been better

both games where you only get the goods stuff when you are losing like star in mario and sonic's star that triggers there inter move.

so it goes to sonic, it just new more cars for each person , more items, and better drifting

6. Schizoanalysis

Australia

7. Crystal the Glaceon
    OP

Antarctica
    Well looking at it, it's very much the same as those two, so might as well add it as well ^-^
    Off Topic, not posting my option yet since I haven't gotten around to playing sonic, past testing it, so it would be unfair to judge it yet
    But from what I have played I have to say the controls don't feel as perfect as Mario Kart DS or Diddy Kong Racing DS and I kept driving into the wall, a lot.

8. Schizoanalysis

Australia
    Back in the days of N64 -- the topic of much debate was Mario Kart or Diddy Kong Racing ?

Given that BOTH are now on the DS, the feud continues... and given the release of SSASR, a new contender from Sega has entered the ring *...

* Ring... Sonic... see what I did there... [​IMG]

9. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    okay I get why it should be add [​IMG] Yea I see what you did their barely [​IMG]

10. Klarkykat

Member Klarkykat GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    Diddy Kong Racing for the DS is a great big stinking pile of mess. Everything about it is inferior to the original. It's weird how it feels like a completely different game even though it has most of the componants of the original. It just feels like a cheap cash-in i suppose (which it is). And they changed Taj's voice.!! I'll never forgive them for that. New-Rare suck donkey balls.

Anyway, i like this new sonic racer shizz. It's loads better than the wii version anyway. The controls are nice and responsive, and the characters and graphics are fun. Of course nothing beats Mario Kart but it's a good enough alternative.

11. ericling

Member ericling GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
  12. Schizoanalysis

Australia

True, true... but it makes me smile, as I remember the days of the ol' 64 and analogue Diddy Kong Racing... I loved that game.... still do...

I would vote for it, but I voted before it became an option...

Mario Kart just doesn't give me the same giddy joy as Diddy Kong Racing...

And SSASR? I still prefer Sonic R... (loose controls, but great design)...

13. o0ICE0o

Member o0ICE0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ...I need a DS flashcart.
    :/

14. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    I voted for everything that wasn't Diddy Kong Racing. I loved the N64 version, but the touchscreen controls in the DS version absolutely ruin it.

15. I am r4ymond

Member I am r4ymond PFE

United States
    Mario Kart: GOOD.

Sonic and SEGA: All-Stars Racing: GOOD-OK. (Reason why is because the game has fewer features than Mario Kart.)
    Diddy Kong Racing DS: HORRIBLE.

16. Dwight

Member Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

United States
    Easily MKDS. The first DS game I aquired, the DS game that I have easily put the most amount of time into, and one of the only DS games that I still play to this day (I rarely play my DS anymore sadly). It is easily my favorite alliteration of Mario Kart on the market for many reasons. No stupid gimmicks, the game mechanics are flawless, drifting is perfect (snaking adds skill to the game, unlike most Kart racers where drifting is awkward and is too much work). The cast is the perfect size and there is a perfect amount of tracks. There is so much quantity as well, with all of the mission modes and multiplayer modes.

My only gripe with the entire game is that I really dislike the multiplayer stats. A better ranking system (the stars were fucking stupid) would have really encouraged me to play Wi-Fi more. Then again it was the first Wi-Fi game on the system so I guess I can cut Nintendo some slack.

17. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    I have not played the all stars racing much yet, just tried first cup.

To say, Drifting is hard (to learn at least) in Sonic. I am one of those drifter guys who can snake whole course of any track in Mario kart, get people disconnect because "I am hacking" Unless it is a REAL hacker (who OF COURSE wins over) - unless it is really bad one who will also disconnect on me.

I have not tested much But I bet the wifi is bit better in mario kart DS still, And it has the items and stuff you are fond to use and are used to. also controls are good, and different cars are different to use.

Sonic was hard to steer at first, with the drifting and all (dunno but somehow it feels more like on ice where drift in MKDS is pretty solid - I could drift whole first curve in rainbow road with couple boosts inserted to it) where in sonic it either is not drifting enough (you press only R) or too much (you press directional button with R)

I still need to learn, for one pro, the first track even in Sonic was pretty awesome looking.

18. Yusuky

Newcomer Yusuky Advanced Member

Brazil
    The sad part is that some ppl are choosing MK over Sonic probably because they cant run the game.

Some are choosing Sonic over MK because that's their hype atm.

I choose the Sonic because of the difficulty and great gameplay of the game. I used to think MKDS was a great kart game, but seeing how sonic racing got all it could get, MKDS has become just one more of the same mario kart.

Same power ups, same design tracks, same, same, same, same.

Maybe Sonic isn't really better then MK, but it really gave a twist to the genre showing that a kart game can have really good and humanized AI and crazy, but player skill based gameplay and a break to that "sameness" Mario Kart always was.

19. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    So you are shocked no one posted this yet? I wonder why?
    Mario Kart DS is just a perfect DS game IMHO and loads of other people agree.
    I don't think it will ever be beaten as a kart game.

20. Demonbart

Member Demonbart GBATemp's guitar hero

Netherlands
    Itsa me! Mario!