Hacking Something wrong with usbloadergx

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I add a new game to my hdd my usbloadergx just shows a bunch if copies of some games. Also it looks like the game banners are weird looking. Is my wii corrupted?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I add a new game to my hdd my usbloadergx just shows a bunch if copies of some games. Also it looks like the game banners are weird looking. Is my wii corrupted?
I been wondering about that for years

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20200923_225049.jpg 20200923_225053.jpg

Attachments

• 20200923_225053.jpg
    20200923_225053.jpg
    1,012 KB · Views: 258

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just use wiiflow tbh, it's very customizable, looks nice, and I've never had any problems with it

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just use CFG USB Loader tbh, it's very customizable, looks nice, and I've never had any problems with it

Last edited by Shadow#1,

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just use wiiflow tbh, it's very customizable, looks nice, and I've never had any problems with it
Same thing with wiiflow

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

CAM SOMEBOFY PLSSSSSS HELP ME:cry::cry::cry:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would just use CFG USB Loader tbh, it's very customizable, looks nice, and I've never had any problems with it
Looks butt ugly IMO, worst choice out of the 3.
Are you using a WBFS partition or FAT32? WBFS partitions have known issues with corruption, which occur when adding new games after deleting old ones, when it starts overwriting random data on the drive.

Reactions: MileX

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Are you using a WBFS partition or FAT32? WBFS partitions have known issues with corruption, which occur when adding new games after deleting old ones, when it starts overwriting random data on the drive.
I haven't used a partition manager in it yet
I just formatted it regularly to fat32

Should I try to wipe clean my hard drive

I ve already tried completely factory resetting my wii and that dodnt work either

20200924_191357.jpg

Attachments

• 20200924_191149.jpg
    20200924_191149.jpg
    800.8 KB · Views: 217

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I haven't used a partition manager in it yet
I just formatted it regularly to fat32

Should I try to wipe clean my hard drive

I ve already tried completely factory resetting my wii and that dodnt work either

View attachment 226028
There is no need to triple post. There's an edit button for a reason.
By partition manager, you mean you aren't using a program to manage your games? You should be using Wii Backup Manager, which takes care of converting the games to .wbfs, splitting them and putting them in the right location. If you're manually converting the games with some program, and manually placing them on the drive, you might be doing it wrong for all we know.

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By partition manager, you mean you aren't using a program to manage your games? You should be using Wii Backup Manager, which takes care of converting the games to .wbfs, splitting them and putting them in the right location. If you're manually converting the games with some program, and manually placing them on the drive, you might be doing it wrong for all we know.
I have used wii backup manager. I've verified the new games themselves to see if they were corrupted and they are not. Should I just backup my games and wipe the hdd clean.

Also my computer broke recently. I have a spare chromebook and I download the files on my phone and use the chromebook to transfer them to my HDD

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have used wii backup manager. I've verified the new games themselves to see if they were corrupted and they are not. Should I just backup my games and wipe the hdd clean.

Also my computer broke recently. I have a spare chromebook and I download the files on my phone and use the chromebook to transfer them to my HDD
I guess it can't hurt. Format it with 32k or 64k cluster size, it helps GameCube performance.

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it can't hurt. Format it with 32k or 64k cluster size, it helps GameCube performance.
Would it help the wii games tho. I dont really play tje gamecube games as much Also I forgot to say that I have an extra flash drive that I used before I got the hdd. The problem also occurs with the flash drive

Last edited by MileX,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Would it help the wii games tho. I dont really play tje gamecube games as much Also I forgot to say that I have an extra flash drive that I used before I got the hdd. The problem also occurs with the flash drive
It will slightly improve performance, but you're not likely to notice a difference in Wii games because they are limited to 8x DVD speed anyway.
Is your homebrew stored on the SD card? Banners and coverart go wherever you're loading the USB loader from. I think the issue might be with the SD card, possibly a fake card. Fake cards advertise a higher capacity but when you go past the real capacity it either corrupts the new files you put on, or it starts overwriting old data on the card. Where did you buy it?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will slightly improve performance, but you're not likely to notice a difference in Wii games because they are limited to 8x DVD speed anyway.
Is your homebrew stored on the SD card? Banners and coverart go wherever you're loading the USB loader from. I think the issue might be with the SD card, possibly a fake card. Fake cards advertise a higher capacity but when you go past the real capacity it either corrupts the new files you put on, or it starts overwriting old data on the card. Where did you buy it?
I bough it form my local walmart.20200924_202210.jpg
Formatted my flash drive for a test. What is this?

I bough it form my local walmart.20200924_202210.jpg
Also I loaded up the game and it loaded fine
But some games just freeze my wii or give me DSI error
Game isnt corrupted either because I verified it on wiibackupmanager

Last edited by MileX,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I bough it form my local walmart.View attachment 226058

Also I loaded up the game and it loaded fine
But some games just freeze my wii or give me DSI error
Game isnt corrupted either because I verified it on wiibackupmanager
The banners are automatically exported from the ISO and cached on the SD card. So your SD card is probably going bad, or got corrupted from an interrupted write. Try with another (blank) SD card and just copy a fresh copy of USB Loader GX over. Or just copy a fresh copy of USB Loader GX to the USB, the forwarder channel (if you use one) should automatically find it and launch it from there if you don't have the SD card inserted (and HBC can also load from USB if you press Home and switch to it)
You actually probably don't even need a SD card at all since most homebrew can load data off USB drives and homebrew that don't need to read/write any external files can just be loaded from HBC. So whether you want to use another SD card or load directly off the USB, either way is fine.

MileX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20200924_202210.jpg 20200924_202210.jpg 20200924_191357.jpg 20200924_191200.jpg 20200924_191149.jpg
The banners are automatically exported from the ISO and cached on the SD card. So your SD card is probably going bad, or got corrupted from an interrupted write. Try with another (blank) SD card and just copy a fresh copy of USB Loader GX over. Or just copy a fresh copy of USB Loader GX to the USB, the forwarder channel (if you use one) should automatically find it and launch it from there if you don't have the SD card inserted (and HBC can also load from USB if you press Home and switch to it)
You actually probably don't even need a SD card at all since most homebrew can load data off USB drives and homebrew that don't need to read/write any external files can just be loaded from HBC. So whether you want to use another SD card or load directly off the USB, either way is fine.
Can I tell me that why whenever inadd a new game it just shows a bunch of copies of several games and a some banners look weird like that one I showed u

Can I use a sd card instead of a usb

Last edited by MileX,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users