Hacking Something that REALLY bothers me about the AK2i and 3DS

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i picked up my 3DS today and, even though I was scared, I decided to bite the bullet and update my AK2i. It worked fine (After being bricked initially which scared the crap out of me), but something REALLY bothered me. When I booted up the card in my 3DS, the blue LED light flashed. This indicates that Wifi was being used. It only happened the first time, it won't do it anymore. I'm REALLY scared now. I feel like I just sent a message to Nintendo to mark me for to get bricked in the next update. Did this happen to anyone else? Does it mean anything?

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroDeception said:
No your safe. The system sends a lot of information at first launch but It's not related to your card. Don't worry about It anymore.
Thank you but it'd help if you could be a little more specific please... like I played Face Raiders and ARGames for a while before I played my AK2i. So it's not "First launch", I don't think so anyway. What kind of info is being sent out anyway?

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
It is very likely your ds will report back that you're playing that Japanese game, if that bothers you then stop.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
xakota said:
Okay so i picked up my 3DS today and, even though I was scared, I decided to bite the bullet and update my AK2i. It worked fine (After being bricked initially which scared the crap out of me), but something REALLY bothered me. When I booted up the card in my 3DS, the blue LED light flashed. This indicates that Wifi was being used. It only happened the first time, it won't do it anymore. I'm REALLY scared now. I feel like I just sent a message to Nintendo to mark me for to get bricked in the next update. Did this happen to anyone else? Does it mean anything?
Spotpass is telling you about DS Game compatibility.
You didn't load a DS game before the flashcart.
It's nothing about wifi use, it's notification of notifications.

xakota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
xakota said:
Spotpass is telling you about DS Game compatibility.
You didn't load a DS game before the flashcart.
It's nothing about wifi use, it's notification of notifications.
This answer makes sense. I did have a notification after that. I feel better now, thanks.

D

Deleted User

Okay, so I was stupid and as soon as I got my 3DS booted up Acekard 2i without the 3DS update and now forever has a log of "Acekard 2i" in the system. NOw it's all updated and I have the Japanese symbol and activity log thing but AK2i is still there. Reckon anything bad will happen? I know they won't brick it due to legality but wondering if there's anything they could do ;-;

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Okay, so I was stupid and as soon as I got my 3DS booted up Acekard 2i without the 3DS update and now forever has a log of "Acekard 2i" in the system. NOw it's all updated and I have the Japanese symbol and activity log thing but AK2i is still there. Reckon anything bad will happen? I know they won't brick it due to legality but wondering if there's anything they could do ;-;

Not sure if this will do anything but try formatting the system memory

How to Format the System Memory
Description:
Step by step instructions on how to format system the memory on the Nintendo 3DS.
Important Note! If the system will be sold or given to someone else, remove the Nintendo eShop account before formatting the System Memory.
What to do:
Select the System Settings icon on the HOME Menu, and tap "Open."
Tap "Other Settings."
Tap the right arrow three times, and tap "Format System Memory."
The following information will be lost after formatting the system memory:
All data in the System Memory (including Friend List, Notifications, and step count)
System Settings data
Built-in software save data
All photos in the System Memory
All other extra data
Tap "Format."
Tap "Format" again to erase the data.

D

Deleted User

Erasing it now.

Going to add all my friends list again (I have 15 people so that'll be fun not)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E