Something really weird just happened

Discussion in 'Switch - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jayammi, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Gnarmagon

Gnarmagon Noob <3

Dec 12, 2016
    Germany
    You won't profit from this Exploit for the next 1.5 Years.....you are missing some very cool Splatoon 2 stuff ^^

2. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    You don't know that nothing useful will come out for the next 1.5 years. Save file editing is already possible. It just hasn't been released yet. I think you are yet another user who is trying to justify your rash decision to update to 3.0.1 to play a re-release of Splatoon on the Switch.

3. Gnarmagon

Gnarmagon Noob <3

Dec 12, 2016
    Germany
    It's not just Splatoon... 27th October comes Mario Odyssey ? and Xenoblade Chronicles inDecember <3

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. DocAmes1980

DocAmes1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Sure. However I was talking about what you could update for now, not October 27th or TBD. That being said I'm still not updating. I can wait.

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    There will probably be another exploit found before we know it. Gotta remember that the devs don't know everything about the switch yet, so something in 3.0.1 or later could potentially pop up at "random".

6. Xplic1T

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    I love how everybody is trying to justify updating their consoles ... enjoy your cool splatoon 2 stuff ... I'll be on 2.3.0 still playing zelda and mario kart 8 ...

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  7. SciresM

SciresM GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2014
    United States
    This is the correct call.

People suggesting to update for games if they want hax will be likely waiting a a much, much longer time.

mendezagus, Xplic1T and DocAmes1980 like this.
  8. Frysenberg

Frysenberg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2017
    Canada
    This is exactly why I went out and got another switch (which happened to come on 3.0.0). I'm still keeping my launch switch on 3.0.0 though, but if enough games come out that merits updating I can do that.

9. mendezagus

mendezagus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2017
    Argentina
    So ScriesM, can you PLEASE clarify something for me: Even if a hack/loader for Switch ROMs is released tomorrow ¿would we be able to run future nintendo switch ROMs like xenoblades 2? , ¿or the "keys" are changed by nintendo from now (3.0.1) on so another hack will be required?

I Beg for an answer to this since i´m a noob (as you can infere from how bad i use the terminology) and my switch have JUST arrived from italy.

Sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance.

Last edited by mendezagus, Aug 29, 2017
  10. Arck

Arck GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 13, 2016
    If this hax ever got released, could we spoof the latest firmware on the vulnerable firmware ?
    Like when we was able to spoof 5.5.1 on 5.3.2 WiiU.
    (I think it'll need a kexploit, but afaik this exploit allow userland stuff, maybe it could lead to a kexploit with the time)

mendezagus likes this.
  11. Gnarmagon

Gnarmagon Noob <3

Dec 12, 2016
    Germany
    I don't think they are already that far....(to spoof the Firmware)