Hacking Question Some questions before returning to modding after a while

fuji97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I'm a day one switch owner, I start midding my switch since the first release of Atmosphere but, due to other reasons, I've not touched my Switch for about 1 year. So, today I'm stuck with the 5.1 version and Kosmos v11 (I think, I'm not sure).
I've never really quit the modding scene, so I know a few things about the current modding state, but I have a couple of questions before trying to update again my Switch.

1) I have a backup from the 3.0.1 firmware version that I'm sure that is clean and a backup from the 5.0.1 firmware version that was made when I disconnected the Switch from the Internet. The console was pretty clean (no NSP) but I haven't checked if the console was banned. In the current state, my Switch is full of NSP and various module, so, if I try to go online with the current version, I'd be instantly banned. So, I want to ask, what should I do?
- Restore the 5.0.1 firmware version and create an EmuNAND to mod.
- Create two EmuNAND, one clean with the 5.0.1 backup to go online and the second to mod.

2) When the nosigchk patches were released the first time, I used the FS510-exfat_nocmac_nosigchk.kip1 module. When, in the latest releases, this solution became obsoleted, I removed it, but I've noticed that when I'm booting my Switch with an ExFAT SD card, the boot slows down considerably and, after the boot, the console don't recognize the SD card. I don't know if this issue is because I don't have the ExFAT version of the firmware (I don't know if It's possible to not have ExFAT in 5.0.1) or is caused by the nosigchk module. I don't know if I should do something about this before trying to update, so, I want to ask you what do you think about this.

Last question, in what order should I proceed? Update Hekate to the latest version -> restore backup -> check if everything is working correctly -> update Kosmos -> install EmuNAND?

I thought for months to come back to modding my Switch and I was always stopped by these reasons.
Thanks to those who will help me.

Ch3rry

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) I would create an emuNAND and update it with choi to the latest version (9.0.0) and inject in the sysNAND the clean backup and update that via Nintendo servers. It should be all okay.
2) I don't know, man, but you should always be using a FAT32 sd card

fuji97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) I would create an emuNAND and update it with choi to the latest version (9.0.0) and inject in the sysNAND the clean backup and update that via Nintendo servers. It should be all okay.
2) I don't know, man, but you should always be using a FAT32 sd card
So, you suggest updating the SysNAND? it's better to stay on 5.0.1 or update to 9.0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."