Hacking Some Questions before Downgrading n3DSXL v11.1 [FieldRunners]

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have some questions about downgrading my n3DSXL v11.1 wih fieldrunners as I have a hacked 2DS with Luma 3ds Emunand installed on it. So I decided to group all my questions here.

Question 1:
In order to purchase fieldrunners on the hacked 2DS, do I need to have a NNID?

Question 2:
Do I need a NNID be able to transfer the data onto the n3DSXL?

[Clarification 1]: Lets say I once I hacked my n3DSXL and I want to upgrade my storage, could I just transfer all the files from the original SD card to the new SD card?

Question 3:
I have my n3DSXL linked with my NNID, if I transfer the the data from the 2DS to the n3DSXL, will I be able to re-link my NNID to my n3DSXL?

Any answers appreciated.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No.
2) No.
C-1) Yes, but make sure the card is formatted to FAT32.
3) You should be able to, but I haven't tried it personally.

I do recommend, however, switching from emuNAND to a9lh, because in order to run DSiware/GBA games on an emuNAND, you also need to install it on sysNAND. With a9lh, you don't need to do that, you only need it on sysNAND.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No.
2) No.

I do, recommend, switching from emuNAND to a9lh, because in order to run DSiware/GBA games on an emuNAND, you also need to install it on sysNAND. With a9lh, you don't need to do that, you only need it on sysNAND.
Lets say I install a9lh, could I update to v11.1 after installation? (not native firmware)

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No.
2) No.

I do, recommend, switching from emuNAND to a9lh, because in order to run DSiware/GBA games on an emuNAND, you also need to install it on sysNAND. With a9lh, you don't need to do that, you only need it on sysNAND.
Lets say I install a9lh, could I update to v11.1 after installation? (not native firmware)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically yes, if CFW is downgradable on the latest firmware.
That depends on what the update fixes. But yes, with CFW you can usually bypass the fixes that Nintendo adds in their updates. I would make a NAND backup before doing any updating just to be on the safe side. Why are you asking this though? You aren't downgrading the CFW'd system.

Polarise

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on what the update fixes. But yes, with CFW you can usually bypass the fixes that Nintendo adds in their updates. I would make a NAND backup before doing any updating just to be on the safe side. Why are you asking this though? You aren't downgrading the CFW'd system.
Just to be on top of things so I know that I could do it ahead of time.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wouldnt it be easier if you create a NNID on source device (your hacked 2DS) so fieldrunners is automatically linked to your NNID when you transfer it? and your target device (ofw n3dsxL) needs to be formatted from system settings and SD card (on target) erased/formatted beforehand? hope im understanding this correctly as i just installed a9lh+luma on o3DS and decided to downgrade my N3DS using this method, i already purchased fieldrunners as well..

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldnt it be easier if you create a NNID on source device (your hacked 2DS) so fieldrunners is automatically linked to your NNID when you transfer it? and your target device (ofw n3dsxL) needs to be formatted from system settings and SD card (on target) erased/formatted beforehand? hope im understanding this correctly as i just installed a9lh+luma on o3DS and decided to downgrade my N3DS using this method, i already purchased fieldrunners as well..
You don't need a NNID for Fieldrunners. I did the transfer+downgrade+a9lh set up without a NNID and everything went just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1