Hacking some help with m3 ds simply

cdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well since i bought my ds simply ive never been able to run anything homebrew, all i see is a black screen with letters most of the time, like when i run moonshell i see a blue screen with a bunch of stuff scrolling down fast on the top screen and the bottom screen says things including "is the moonshl folder properly...". could anyone tell me what i can do?

P.S. when i plug my micro sd tf in the front of my pc, it doesnt recognize my micro sd but when i plug it in the usb on the back of my pc it recognizes it. would it have something to do with my micro sd being poorly formatted or something? ive already right clicked and done format in fat16 several times.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download the moonshell from here:http://down.gbalpha.com/Softwares/M3adapte...ll_1.6final.zip.
Put both file and folder on the root of your tf card. Then pick media on the M3 ds simply menu.

this the "root" i think? im not sure but if it is then it doesnt work.

That's the root of the card , it should have worked. Are you picking the media icon on the menu( the one between the game and slot 2 icon)?

cdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well everytime i press media, the top screen has things scrolling down fast and the bottom screen says for less than 5 seconds in red "an error was detected while trying to access the disk or file, please confirm the following:"

did the setup end up normally blah blah (i cant even type it all since it goes so fast before reaching some vista looking skin moonshell then the screensaver pops up after like 10 seconds, so i am extremely confused as to what to do and if it is even working.)

P.S. also tried dslinux and this too i got some black screen with some errors.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok well everytime i press media the top screen has things scrolling down fast and the bottom screen says for less than 5 seconds in red "an error was detected while trying to access the disk or file, please confirm the following:"

did the setup end up normally blah blah (i cant even type it all since it goes so fast before reaching some vista looking skin moonshell then the screensaver pops up after like 10 seconds)

Thats normal, it happens every time you start it up.

If you want to run homebrews on your M3 ds simply, you're going to have to learn how to patch them with DLDI.

cdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well everytime i press media the top screen has things scrolling down fast and the bottom screen says for less than 5 seconds in red "an error was detected while trying to access the disk or file, please confirm the following:"

did the setup end up normally blah blah (i cant even type it all since it goes so fast before reaching some vista looking skin moonshell then the screensaver pops up after like 10 seconds)

Thats normal, it happens every time you start it up.

If you want to run homebrews on your M3 ds simply, you're going to have to learn how to patch them with DLDI.

so its normal? I was thinking my micro sd was messed up or something since i tried just about every moonshell version and it kept giving some error. also, how can i disable this annoying screensaver that shows up every 10 secs and can i just put mp3 files directly in a folder that i create on the root of my card? and they will work without needing to be converted in some format? (because i think videos need to be converted)

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its normal. There is a little icon on the top left corner of bottom screen, click on that and pick customize( you can change the settings of moonshell there). You can play your mp3s from that folder, there is no need to convert them either.

cdr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its normal. There is a little icon on the top left corner of bottom screen, click on that and pick customize( you can change the settings of moonshell there). You can play your mp3s from that folder, there is no need to convert them either.

ok thanks for the help aslacker.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)