Hacking some games freeze with black screen - suspected ios trouble

fatattack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hi guys,

I'm having a weird issue with one of my wii's.
It's been recently softmodded and I'm experiencing the following issue:

loading several games with usb loader gx ( latest ) or CFG usb loader ( latest final v50 ) ends with a black screen and a frozen wii.
Other games work flawlessly.

the affected ones I have tested so far are

no more heroes
super mario galaxy

what works for sure is

lego indy 2
mario kart wii

I have a 4.0E box running latest HBC ( bootmii as IOS ), installed cios rev14 ( haven't updated to rev16 due to several reported issues still in the rev16 release ).

I have read on the subject and ther black screen would point to a bad IOS version.
I found that no more heroes uses IOS21 and SMG uses IOS35
I tried reinstalling them with dop-ios mod v10 but to no avail.
I also removed them with wad manager 1.5 and reinstalled them with wad manager but no avail either.
I currently have both of them running at their lowest version available on NUS but I can't get it to work.

In the usb loaders ( both of them ) I have the error 2 fix enabled, everything else is standard.

I have tried the same HD on my second WII and they run like a charm so the HD is not at fault.
Also settings and versions of the usb loaders are also identical.
Hence why I suspect the IOS's are at fault somehow.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to fix this ?

thanks in advance.

edit: forgot to mention that I also have cios 222 v4 installed, and that those games don't work under it either, and with error 002 fix off neither

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
USe Wiiscrubber to see what IOSes both games use and which version and compare with what you have (Using say Title Lister via HBC). Or just run Title Lister on both Wiis and compare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol