Hacking some flash card questions

GrantThorpe

OP
Trophies
XP
Well I have been reading the forums all day and cant seem to find the answer to my question. I have narrowed my search for a card down to a 2i or dstwo. But i notice that you need a old model ds to update the cards is that correct? I don't have access to any old systems. If that's the case can someone recommend a card that "auto updates" or will not need a old system to update with?

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You'll have to buy the flashcart from a retailer that has an updating service (or sells cards that are updated) or find someone with a DS Lite/Phat.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to email the seller and have them update the card before they send it too you. But its been long enough that they will probably work with the current 3DS software version. Unfortunately the only way to update a card is to have a lower software version NEW console, or an old console, no cards auto update like that. ak2i is a great cart that has awesom compatibility thanks to the akaio firmware... however it doesnt last very long because they suffer from crippling contact issues, there are fixes, but they are kind of obnoxious. if you want a great cart that will outlast an ak2i and has near perfect compatibility with some great extra features go DStwo

Reactions: 1 person

GrantThorpe

OP
Trophies
XP
You should be able to email the seller and have them update the card before they send it too you. But its been long enough that they will probably work with the current 3DS software version. Unfortunately the only way to update a card is to have a lower software version NEW console, or an old console, no cards auto update like that. ak2i is a great cart that has awesom compatibility thanks to the akaio firmware... however it doesnt last very long because they suffer from crippling contact issues, there are fixes, but they are kind of obnoxious. if you want a great cart that will outlast an ak2i and has near perfect compatibility with some great extra features go DStwo

Thanks I was thinking the Dstwo would be the best bet. You know a a good site that will auto update it for me? Will it play DS games as well?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Thanks I was thinking the Dstwo would be the best bet. You know a a good site that will auto update it for me? Will it play DS games as well?
Uh...just so you know, it will play ONLY DS games. There's no way to play 3DS games on a flashcart yet.

If you buy a flashcart I'm pretty sure they'll send one that works on the latest system update. If a new update comes out for the 3DS after you get the flashcart, then you should first update the flashcart and then the 3DS.

I think you will be able to use the 3DS to update it as long as you don't update the 3DS first. Pretty sure you won't need an older system unless something goes wrong with the flashcart update.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
OP has been reading the forums all day yet the first thing he asks is If he will be able to play DS roms on the card.... :hateit: . Son, if you read the entire forums as you said, why the $%^&* didn't u see the sticky that says NOTHING plays 3DS games yet???? You see why that thread needs to be size 86, bold, flashing red and the forums to force people to read it before anything else??? Anyways and on to topic. There are re-sellers that will sell you a card updated, like for example I bought an R4i Gold 3DS from a USA re-seller that had the cards updated to the latest firmware. Emailing might not work cuz it didn't in my case but the service and shipping was awesome.

GrantThorpe

OP
Trophies
XP
OP has been reading the forums all day yet the first thing he asks is If he will be able to play DS roms on the card.... :hateit: . Son, if you read the entire forums as you said, why the $%^&* didn't u see the sticky that says NOTHING plays 3DS games yet???? You see why that thread needs to be size 86, bold, flashing red and the forums to force people to read it before anything else??? Anyways and on to topic. There are re-sellers that will sell you a card updated, like for example I bought an R4i Gold 3DS from a USA re-seller that had the cards updated to the latest firmware. Emailing might not work cuz it didn't in my case but the service and shipping was awesome.
what part of DS says 3DS? But i appreciate the sentiment

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: