Hacking Some FAQ For The New 3.0 BETA Update

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do I restore my sysnand? Kinda erased my 3ds with the Dev config application, and would like to restore. I tried multiple. button combinations and it shouldnt need any special files to write the nand image back. Supposedly it's supports "RESTORING a NAND dump back to sysnand!"

Reactions: Margen67

3DSGamerWorld.Com

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we downgrade back to 4.5?

It is very easy,download GW3.0 from gateway-3ds.com ,copy Launcher.dat into 3DS SD card. open up your Web Browser on your 3DS,visit http://go.gateway-3ds.com -- your 3DS will ask if you want to re-enter the URL (because you don't have internet). Choose cancel/no, click Menu on the bottom right, then click the Star+ Add button to add the bookmark to your list. Next choose Bookmarks (next to the Star+) and you can Edit the name of the bookmark (which will probably be blank). NOW turn ON your wifi and refresh the page, the screen will wig out your 3DS and bring you to this screen:

menu1.jpg

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I know this question is stupid, but im being really careful here.
If my system is in 9.2 can I install emuNand? im pretty sure you can, but i think i read someone saying you couldnt and now im scared to try D:

Errorjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error when running the exploit.
Try clearing your cache and cookies in the 3DS Internet browser (deleting save data also may work). This appears to be a known issue and this is the current workaround. Also, try removing any gamecards in your 3DS and don't press any buttons until the top screen has turned grey, from here you can press L to bring up the Gateway menu if you have run the exploit before or the R button to update the Gateway 3DS card. In addition to these, ensure that your SD card is formatted to FAT32, as some other file partitions appear to be causing problems (e.g. NTFS, exFAT).

Made a guide for this error. http://gbatemp.net/threads/gw3ds-clean-launch-gateway-mode-100-no-internet-errors.378082/

Will stop it and allow you to boot as fast as possible.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Very interesting, in gw sysnand mode, can you see your retail carts? The reason I ask, is that I would love a way to use savdatafiler on retail carts

No my retail carts doesn't show up.

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this question is stupid, but im being really careful here.
If my system is in 9.2 can I install emuNand? im pretty sure you can, but i think i read someone saying you couldnt and now im scared to try D:

You can.

Load gateway mode and go into system settings, you should see GW3DS- 9.0 whatever blah blah. If you see the GW3DS portion then go into system settings and update. DON'T EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS THOUGH, exiting will bring you back to system NAND which will also remove the GW3DS portion of your version.

Don't update if you don't see GW3DS.

imreedeer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can.

Load gateway mode and go into system settings, you should see GW3DS- 9.0 whatever blah blah. If you see the GW3DS portion then go into system settings and update. DON'T EXIT SYSTEM SETTINGS THOUGH, exiting will bring you back to system NAND which will also remove the GW3DS portion of your version.

Don't update if you don't see GW3DS.

Yeah, I'm gonna use this tutorial http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286487-3DS-N3DS-Gateway-Ultra-Guide the only difference with what you said it's the "format emuNand" part

Reactions: MattKimura

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ok I'm sorry but I'm really confused here

what in god's name is the purpose of the red cart here?

you mean blue card? well it is rather useless right now lol

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All right another question

I want to format my sysNAND because I have that update nag screen, I can just re-download all my eShop purchases in emuNAND yeah?

My question is how do I move my save files over? I don't wanna lose all my Smash and ACNL data

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right another question

I want to format my sysNAND because I have that update nag screen, I can just re-download all my eShop purchases in emuNAND yeah?

My question is how do I move my save files over? I don't wanna lose all my Smash and ACNL data

back up the contents of your sd card to like a dir on your comp, then after format emunand, put the files back on bin the nested directories within the nintendo 3ds dir

loco365

Trophies
XP
So I originally thought that GBA games weren't working because of the fact that the profile exploit was causing issues with running them, however, GBA games still don't work. I'm thinking it's because it's switching from 3DS mode to AGB_FIRM, causing the incompatibility.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't working on my 9.2 3DS? Why?
There is no reason why it shouldn't work with your 9.2 3DS, it works fine with mine. Ensure that you have cleared your browser cache and cookies before attempting to run the exploit and power cycle your 3DS.

This is indeed not working on my 9.2 3DS. I've formatted fat32 and launcher.Dat is in the root. I've tried the steps on max console and cannot bookmark the page (browser says "cannot add bookmark for this page"). When I go to the site I see "communication error" flash, then that message clears and I only see a white screen. I want to avoid a system format for eshop purchases. Any other ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo