Hardware some disks read but some have stopped

jayfivegen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a hard modded wii but recently my backup disks have started to fail.
First few batches worked fine with a tdk drive and sony dvd-r disks using nero... but then I started to have some bad burns that would force a reboot....
So I switched to a plextor burner which I had working flawlessly on tdk dvd+r disks on imgburn after setting the bookend to dvdrom....

So here's the weird part... all those disks still seem to work. But any new ones I burn act weird... they don't force a reboot like a bad disk. The disk shows up on the channel screen. Disk loads... and in most cases it starts to play... but then I get a "disk cannot be read please see your manual"

Can't seem to make since of it.... same burner... same spindle of disks... same software... same settings... and sometimes the disk will even play for a few mins if u pop it out and put it back in.
Considering investing in the wii lens cleaner but not sure if that's it... just need some guidance

jayfivegen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... not to add more confusion.... but I've managed to get 3 of the bad disks to load...
They all gave me disk errors a min or two into the game... pulling out and reloading disk had no effect...
Turned wii off and left disks in... came back in half an hour and tried again and they loaded... worked 3 times...
I'm so very confused...

Ps I'm already invested in the hardmod and I don't know much about usb loaders...
choose disks so they were as easy to as regular disks... for the less technically minded players in the house

jayfivegen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokeman said:
buffdog said:
try lens cleaner that could work and use imgburn to burn discs and as bladxdsl said switch to usb loader
Can i use a pc lens cleaner?
my wii games stop working 2
specially super mario galaxy, and my brawl disk.

Tried a pc lens cleaner... they don't load or work on a wii....
There is a wii branded lens cleaner that looks promising...
Uses a pad with clenaing solution that physically removes everything from the lens.
No little spinning brushes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-