Hacking Some advice needed

steef84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok, here's my story:

I've done a couple of softmods already, but at my last wii I totally screwed it. The Wii contained 2.1E firmware, so i extraced SystemMenu-v290.wad andIOS30-64-v1040.wad from bushings rescue disc and installed those wads to update to 3.2E. I installed the HBC, cIOS249-IOS36-rev07 and i runned a game through Softchip without problems from a SD card. Next thing I did was creating a SoftChip channel. But when I started, it made the Wii reboot. After a bit researching at this forum i concluded that probaly some IOS'es were missing. At that point i though with my sleepy stupidly mind: lets remove the Systemmenu.wad and the IOS30.wad and update the IOS'es through Mario Kart Wii. There it went wrong: I uninstalled, tryed to reboot the Wii but it never started again! I dont get any screen when i turn it on. Did I managed to fully brick this Wii or do i have a slight chance to get it alive again. I got Twiligh Save on the Wii, Starfall Installed with rescue menu. Rescue menu sadly didnt work, but do people have other idea's I might could try?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you try booting everything, GC-game, Wii-game, no-game? if yes and you got nothing....then I'd just send it in, and pay the 60 bucks if they make ya.

if you have a chip, try region-freeing the Fish disc and give it a go, no harm in trying.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why didn't you just update with Mario Kart in the first place?
tongue.gif

I think a game will install any IOSes you're missing, even if you have a higher system menu version.

But yeah, you're screwed... even if you miraculously got the system menu installed. It wouldn't work since IOS30 is also gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello