Some advice needed

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by steef84, Nov 24, 2008.

1. steef84
    OP

steef84 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ok, here's my story:

I've done a couple of softmods already, but at my last wii I totally screwed it. The Wii contained 2.1E firmware, so i extraced SystemMenu-v290.wad andIOS30-64-v1040.wad from bushings rescue disc and installed those wads to update to 3.2E. I installed the HBC, cIOS249-IOS36-rev07 and i runned a game through Softchip without problems from a SD card. Next thing I did was creating a SoftChip channel. But when I started, it made the Wii reboot. After a bit researching at this forum i concluded that probaly some IOS'es were missing. At that point i though with my sleepy stupidly mind: lets remove the Systemmenu.wad and the IOS30.wad and update the IOS'es through Mario Kart Wii. There it went wrong: I uninstalled, tryed to reboot the Wii but it never started again! I dont get any screen when i turn it on. Did I managed to fully brick this Wii or do i have a slight chance to get it alive again. I got Twiligh Save on the Wii, Starfall Installed with rescue menu. Rescue menu sadly didnt work, but do people have other idea's I might could try?

2. skawo96

skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 22, 2008
    DUUUH!

Seriously.

3. steef84
    OP

steef84 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    I know, very stupid but please reply a bit grown up !

4. skawo96

skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 22, 2008
    You're screwed.

5. noobwarrior7

noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    USA
    ummm...............no I'm sorry.

do not pass GO.

6. steef84
    OP

steef84 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    Already had that idea, but maybe i overlooked at something

7. noobwarrior7

noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 2, 2008
    United States
    USA
    did you try booting everything, GC-game, Wii-game, no-game? if yes and you got nothing....then I'd just send it in, and pay the 60 bucks if they make ya.

if you have a chip, try region-freeing the Fish disc and give it a go, no harm in trying.

8. djdynamite123

djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

Banned
    Sep 21, 2008
    Redcar, England UK
    good, they should charge!!! for stupidity!

9. Diffusion

Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Why didn't you just update with Mario Kart in the first place? [​IMG]
    I think a game will install any IOSes you're missing, even if you have a higher system menu version.

But yeah, you're screwed... even if you miraculously got the system menu installed. It wouldn't work since IOS30 is also gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice