DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RvLeshrac said:
Darth:

I began adding script wikitables to pages which did not 'exist' (script #, but no page/table)
However, I took a second look and it seems that most of the pages are being added by individuals as they're translated. So I stopped to ask - do you prefer people add what they're translating (for the sake of "knowing what's untranslated"), or would you like the scripts there (eliminating the rote work of putting up tables)?

I ask because I'd like to contribute, but my Jap knowledge is limited, and I'm still working my way through the story (scripts are infinitely more difficult to translate when you don't have a grasp of the "whole" plot, especially in Japanese. I'm not so bad if the text is standalone), so if I can make it easier for those more fluent to work on the main script, that would be great.

I was also hoping that it might encourage people who aren't comfortable fiddling with the tools. Might be easier for some to simply pop onto the wiki and translate a section.
Yes, that's definitely helpful. The biggest help to me besides translating would be to update the sidebars to each act with links to the files that correspond to each cutscene.

Nubcake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yo, theres a problem with mine, when i upload the NDS game, it doesn't come as Japanese writing. it comes as squares
frown.gif
Help please

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nubcake said:
Yo, theres a problem with mine, when i upload the NDS game, it doesn't come as Japanese writing. it comes as squares
frown.gif
Help please
If you just wanted to apply the patch to your game, you downloaded the wrong file. If you're tying to use the SomaTrans program to make your own edits, you need to install the Japanese Language Pack for Windows.

Brenex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Myrtle's line describing how to use abilities, "which you both learn and improve using ppoints called AP (Ability Points)." Is that supposed to be ppoints? Great work Darth, just heard about the game today and so far it was one of the best rpgs I have played. Very nice system it uses. Keep up the good work!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the prologue, 6 acts and 4 bonus dungeons with exposition every few floors. Combined they make up about another act's worth of dialogue.

xbtran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shamantimk said:
how can i play it with this patch, (how can i patch it), sorry i am a newb in those kind of things
rolleyes.gif

I had some trouble at first as well, but it's quite easy to do.

You'll need:

- Fresh [2058] Soma Bringer ROM - Meaning that it hasn't been patched yet.
- The latest patch, found on the first page of this thread.

All you need to do is:

1. Download patch.
2. Extract patch.
3. Drag the Soma Bringer ROM and drop it in the file that is clearly titled "Drop ROM Here". This should make a new ROM which is patched and ready to play.

shamantimk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i figured it out, thanks anyways. it was really easy to do
tongue.gif

great game especialy in multiplayter with 3 players. i really enjoiyed it. Great translation.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
DarthNemesis

Hi, im from mexico. It seems like i¿ve just got someone who can help me translating some of the text of the game. I was trying to help on my own but i suck at japanese. So i decided to look for someone who can actually help, cause i was really frustrated and feeling useless.

Now, the problem seems to be that this guy cannot help too mucho now until august, so by now i wanted to ask you how do i put a wikitable up...? (in the script page of the wiki obviously). Im not going to upload anything by now, as i haven't done really much. Just want to know so i can move on and see if i can get this guy to work on the game before august.
yaynds.gif

I haven't really played the game cause i feel that at some point i'm gonna get too excited with it and the i'll be in the act3 reading japanese wich i understand like 2% so, I DO really want to help.
hate2.gif

Nevermind, i'll be around to tell you how things're going with this guy. And to see your answer about the wikitable exported from somatrans.

THX.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
how do i put a wikitable up...?
You use the Batch -> Export function in SomaTrans to create the wikitable code, then copy and paste it onto a wiki page. You can see the syntax by clicking the Edit link on one of the existing script pages.

shamantimk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I got a question about soma bringer; Where should i put points in (wich stats) when i train a dark warrior (dark knight). 50% strenght en 50% magic or something?

thanks in advance

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added http://somatrans.scribblewiki.com/Translation_tips to the wiki. If you want to help translate, please take a peek there before starting. They're just a few tips to help with *ANY* translation, whether you're doing Japanese, French, German, Hindi, or even English.

I just had to revert a page because the grammar was... well... off. There's nothing wrong with the translation per se, but remember that there are Literal and Localised sections for each script.

You can be the best literal translator in the world and still not have good localisation skills, so please be sure that your work is "final" before placing it in the "Localised" sections, as it makes it far less likely that someone will correct it, and skews the "finished" translation statistics.

*edit*

Oh, and I hope you don't take offense at my putting that page up, DN. I just noticed some questionable edits lately.

I don't want to discourage translators because, well, I certainly can't do it, but I also don't want to see huge errors since, well, I'll be reading it.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo