ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
I have a problem with saving. when I save in any part of junel forest, it brings me back to junel entrance. whan i go back inside junel forest all the items and enemies are back.
I'm using a Cyclods Evolution with firmware 1.4b2.This is how saving works. You always restart from the first area in the act, with items and enemies respawned. You keep your event progress and there are teleporters every so often that you can activate, so it's not a big deal once you get through the intro dungeon.

ferrariman said:
QUOTE(zlac @ May 17 2008, 08:12 PM) Just use clean rom, why even try patched when you have clean at hand.
smile.gif
cuz i don't know japanese, duh.
He meant when applying a new version of the patch, not when playing.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarthNemesis said:
ferrariman said:
I have a problem with saving. when I save in any part of junel forest, it brings me back to junel entrance. whan i go back inside junel forest all the items and enemies are back.
I'm using a Cyclods Evolution with firmware 1.4b2.This is how saving works. You always restart from the first area in the act, with items and enemies respawned. You keep your event progress and there are teleporters every so often that you can activate, so it's not a big deal once you get through the intro dungeon.

ferrariman said:
QUOTE(zlac @ May 17 2008, 08:12 PM) Just use clean rom, why even try patched when you have clean at hand.
smile.gif
cuz i don't know japanese, duh.
He meant when applying a new version of the patch, not when playing.
That's the weirdest saving feature ever. I can see the monsters, but not the items.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed Act 3 scenario logs.

ferrariman said:
That's the weirdest saving feature ever. I can see the monsters, but not the items.
It's basically like you're entering a new dungeon instance each time you load a game. It increases the replay value if there are still rewards to be had, and it decreases the amount of information that has to be saved per file which allows them to have more save slots, so it all works out as far as I'm concerned.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
Completed Act 3 scenario logs.

ferrariman said:
It's basically like you're entering a new dungeon instance each time you load a game. It increases the replay value if there are still rewards to be had, and it decreases the amount of information that has to be saved per file which allows them to have more save slots, so it all works out as far as I'm concerned.
Yea, that actually sounds good to me, adds more to the replayability of dungeons.

madd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello again...I forgot to mention these the other day..Some monster's names are a bit...weird to me. I've read the kanas on the wiki and i think u misspelled some of them. These are :

Ripe Zombie = Reap Zombie (The kana reads 'rippu', well i think ripe would fit well to this)

Bile Zombie = Vile Zombie (The kana reads 'bairu'.)

Legned Saber Soul = Legned Saviour/Saver Soul (As the kana reads seebaa not saberu)

Well thats what i think..

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
madd said:
Ripe Zombie = Reap Zombie (The kana reads 'rippu', well i think ripe would fit well to this)The kana reads 'raipu', not 'rippu'.

madd said:
Bile Zombie = Vile Zombie (The kana reads 'bairu'.)This one could go either way. Do they spit poison or anything? If not, Vile works.

QUOTE(madd @ May 18 2008, 04:05 AM)
Legned Saber Soul = Legned Saviour/Saver Soul (As the kana reads seebaa not saberu)
That's how saber is pronounced. 'Saberu' would be pronounced "saw bay rue" which sounds nothing like saber.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Completed the rest of the scenario logs. Also, I got a little carried away and translated half of the Act 6 cutscenes instead of going to sleep.

bunnybreaker said:
I haven't checked the wiki, but is "legned" right, I dunno if that's a word, look like it's meant to be "legend"?
No, it's not. The word is ????, (LE/RE) GU NE DO.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Regned", "Legned", "Regunedo", "Legunedo", and "????" all turn up nothing in dictionaries and search engines.

Oh, and I personally think that "Regned" looks and sounds better (using English pronunciation) than "Legned". What do you think, Darth?

EDIT: Interesting... In several languages, "Regn" means "rain" (Source). I'm not sure this has anything to do with the name, but I might as well throw this out there. What kind of monster is this? I haven't encountered one yet, but I'm sure that its appearance and attacks could give us a hint about its name.

P.S. Darth, you need to get carried away more often! =P

EDIT 2: I know you reverted this change, but the original text was grammatically incorrect.
QUOTE said:
This Visitor he speaks of, up ahead.
This is a sentence fragment. It has no predicate. "This Visitor he speaks of" is the complete subject. There is no verb in "up ahead" (preposition/preposition), so it cannot be a predicate.
(Quote Source)

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
I personally think that "Regned" looks and sounds better (using English pronunciation) than "Legned". What do you think, Darth?I don't have a clue what it's supposed to be, so we may as well change it to Regned so that people won't think it's a typo.

Mac2492 said:
What kind of monster is this?It's one of the optional bosses.
sabersoulpg3.png

QUOTE(Mac2492 @ May 19 2008, 12:19 AM)
This is a sentence fragment. It has no predicate.
Neither does the original Japanese sentence.

Edit: I'm replacing Falzaff with Pharzuph, since that's most likely the reference they were going for. I don't like how it looks, and naming the good guy team after a demon of fornication and lust seems like a rather odd choice, but oh well.
Also, Secundady is almost certainly a reference to the Secundadeian angels, but I'm not sure how to spell the noun from which that adjective was derived.

If anyone knows of other words that sound similar to mythological names, let me know.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
It's one of the optional bosses.
sabersoulpg3.png

Okay, I have no idea what the main means.

DarthNemesis said:
Mac2492 said:
This is a sentence fragment. It has no predicate.Neither does the original Japanese sentence.

In that case, I retract my previous comment. Thanks for the clarification.

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ May 19 2008, 12:45 AM) Edit: I'm replacing Falzaff with Pharzuph, since that's most likely the reference they were going for. I don't like how it looks, and naming the good guy team after a demon of fornication and lust seems like a rather odd choice, but oh well.

Erm... Maybe we should do some more research first. I highly doubt that they would make this kind of reference in Soma Bringer.

EDIT: Okay, I might be wrong... =/
...and you're probably right.

QUOTE(DarthNemesis @ May 19 2008, 12:45 AM)
Also, Secundady is almost certainly a reference to the Secundadeian angels, but I'm not sure how to spell the noun from which that adjective was derived.

Secundadeian seems to be a noun (Source and Source). "??????" was translated to "Secundadeians" in both of these pages.

EDIT: "??????" is translated as "David Roll". That's pretty funny... xP... I'm not going to add that in, though.

Painkiller153

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error when I drag my rom onto the correct file, it says:

xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL
Unable to find the SomaPatch.xd patch file. Make sure that you extract all
of the patch files to the same folder before running this.

The SomaPatch.xd is located in the same folder all the rest.

Thanks
smile.gif

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
Secundadeian seems to be a noun (Source and Source). "??????" was translated to "Secundadeians" in both of these pages.They both list seven angels known as the ??????, which reads as secunda dei and means roughly "second to god" if my Latin is any good. "Secundadeians" appears to be just another way to refer to these beings, so using a plural term to refer to a singular organization would be confusing and inaccurate. Besides, it's not close to the pronunciation of ??????. Also, note the different endings, "dei" vs "di". Since there's no exact match, I think it comes down to which looks better, Secundady or Secundadi.

Here's a page about these guys in English if anyone's interested: http://www.esotericarchives.com/tritheim/tritem.htm

QUOTE(Painkiller153 @ May 19 2008, 04:22 PM) xdelta3: source file too short: XD3_INTERNAL
Sounds like you're using a trimmed source ROM. The second error message is just the generic one for when xdelta fails, since it only has one error code.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
They both list seven angels known as the ??????, which reads as secunda dei and means roughly "second to god" if my Latin is any good. "Secundadeians" appears to be just another way to refer to these beings, so using a plural term to refer to a singular organization would be confusing and inaccurate. Besides, it's not close to the pronunciation of ??????. Also, note the different endings, "dei" vs "di". Since there's no exact match, I think it comes down to which looks better, Secundady or Secundadi.

If that's the case, then Secundady looks better.

Also, Secundadei doesn't look half bad. If it means something in Latin (which I can't verify, since I have almost no knowledge of Latin), it may better to use that than a meaningless English approximation.

EDIT: "Schwallresk"... Heh! They really got creative with those names.

pinoypayter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really appreaciate your hard work on this wonderful game.
i hope you finish all the cut scenes soon because i'm starting to get in to the story.

thanks!!
yaynds.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mac2492 said:
DarthNemesis said:
They both list seven angels known as the ??????, which reads as secunda dei and means roughly "second to god" if my Latin is any good. "Secundadeians" appears to be just another way to refer to these beings, so using a plural term to refer to a singular organization would be confusing and inaccurate. Besides, it's not close to the pronunciation of ??????. Also, note the different endings, "dei" vs "di". Since there's no exact match, I think it comes down to which looks better, Secundady or Secundadi.

If that's the case, then Secundady looks better.

Also, Secundadei doesn't look half bad. If it means something in Latin (which I can't verify, since I have almost no knowledge of Latin), it may better to use that than a meaningless English approximation.

EDIT: "Schwallresk"... Heh! They really got creative with those names.
secundadei does sound like it could mean 2nd god (secunda=second(not sure about this) dei=god(comes from the latin word deus)
EDIT: just checked with help from a latin dictionary.
it could mean something like replacement god, 2nd god, apprentice god, or assistant god.
secunda (secund.a) dei (de.i)

from previous posts, and my own research secundadei certainly has a meaning in latin if you split it as secunda dei.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: