Thanks a lot
yaynds.gif

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I'm new. >_> When I try to patch the rom it says "Patching... Bad command or file name Done! The patched file has been created in the same folder as the orginal" And there is no patched file, and the original goes unchanged. Sorry for the stupid question, but what do I do?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Bad command or file name" means that it couldn't find xdelta. Did you not extract all the patch files to the same folder?

Logits

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fiara.miniville.fr
XP
Country
France
Are you trying to patch a freshly unzipped rom or an already previously patched rom? Try redownloading the rom and the patcher and try again... there is no reason for it not to work.

[Edit]wops sry we posted at the same time

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'd better add error checking to the batch file.

Edit: Updated the patch with that and a few line length corrections.

SatoKiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I redownloaded everything, extracted everything to the same folder. It still doesn't work. >.> It's not a patched version, I just downloaded the ROM from [site name removed - Sinkhead]

I also downloaded the newest version and tried to patch it, now under the first error (bad command or file name) it says syntax error twice.

I figured out that it is my version of OS, Windows ME. I had someone else patch it for me and give me the new patched version. Is there anyway you can make a Windows 9x/Windows ME compatible version in future releases?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SatoKiba said:
I figured out that it is my version of OS, Windows ME.
Good god, someone still uses that disaster of an operating system? Upgrade to XP - you can do stuff on it and it doesn't crash! Well, most of the time, anyway.

I don't think I can make a drag-and-drop batch file since it needs those extended commands to figure out where each file is located. Try running this in the same folder as the rest of the patch files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b9ikov
(Your ROM must be named SomaBringer.nds)

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

When are you planning to finish this translation?
I don´t mean "finish" by "stopping translation" but rather finish all the things,which still have to be translated?

Thx in advanced...
...Zerrix

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated the patch with more Act 2 scenes. Thanks, LostTemplar, your translations are really speeding up the process.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This patch is amazing!

Once I get a little farther in the game, I'll see what I can do to help out. For now, I don't want to spoil the story. >,>

Great work, everyone. =)

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this project is still alive and kicking.

Awesome additions and updates by everyone. Love the VFW; really added much needed space.

Hey Darth, I wanna edit some of the skills and item descriptions so that they fit the length of the line. Is that cool with you?

SpyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started to translate the game from english to french.
I've got a big problem : there is a fucking bug in your software !
More than 100 translations were deleated when I saved the wikitables.

Explication of my Problem : At saving of my Wikitables, the problem appairs. A lot of referencies are added. For exemple in Skill Weapon, there is 539 referencies instead of 213, the referencies 214 to 539 contain the referenced number (exemple : 539:539 and 456:456). There is the same problem in "Skill Spells" and "Skills Survival".

Other Informations : Skills spells (172 referencies, 1476 in the new wikitables) no deleated translations, Skills Weapon (213 referencies, 539 in the new wikitables) Referencies 188 to 213 were deleated at saving
mad.gif
, Skills Survival (64 references, 86 in the new wikitables) referencies 18 to 64 deleated at saving
mad.gif
cry.gif

I don't give my Wikitables on the topic because there is some people who will probably steal my translation.

PLEASE HELP ME because I lost more than 100 translated sentences !
PLEASE Darth Nemesis correct the bug !

Thanks !

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
If someone gets a chance, can they get me the Game ID of a clean rom patched with the latest translation?
smile.gif
Try YBSJ 1fdb2586

If not, use a Cheat Editor (just google NDS cheat editor) to get a game ID for you.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fusoya59 said:
Hey Darth, I wanna edit some of the skills and item descriptions so that they fit the length of the line. Is that cool with you?Sure, I'd appreciate that.

QUOTE(SpyMaster @ May 4 2008, 09:32 AM) At saving of my Wikitables, the problem appairs. A lot of referencies are added.
1) You should only ever be exporting to Wikitable once, before doing any translation. Then just import your changes from Wikitable.
2) Make sure you do not add ANY extra line breaks because that WILL screw up the import process. Newlines can be added by using
, \n, or \r\n depending on the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa