Hacking Solutions to "Game Card Removed" error? Ingame/Launching?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this problem since yesterday...

Sometimes when i try to load a ROM, when i start it, it goes to the Nintendo 3DS screen then blacks out and gives me a "Game Card Removed" error, where i have to hit Home to send me back to sysnand.

Other times, games work... but ill eventually end up getting the error again during play, and this loses your savefile (Had to redo Theathrythm FF Curtain Calls prologue and tutorials 6 times today).
I have been seeing others are having this problem, i dont think my MicroSD is fake. Its a Sandisk Ultra exFAT 64GB Class 10. This as of right now is my 4th time reformatting it... Trying anything to get these games to work stable. Does anyone have any advice to stop this?

edit: Also, ive tried using "xcopy", and command prompt lines to transfer files to my SD non fragmented, i even defragmented my whole SD card a couple times. No dice with anything. Gateway Red Card passes all Diagnostics.

Nintendo 2DS 8.1U Sys/9.4 Emu

edit 2: Progress! I formatted my 64GB MicroSD to exFat with a "32kb" Default Allocation Size. I saw someone else post on these forums to try that and that fixed their problems, and so far its done the same for me! I cycled through 27 games, of which 0 gave me a hanging black screen, and 0 game card removed errors so far. I'd strongly suggest anyone to try this, if they're running into the same problems! Also, i updated my Gateway Red Card by holding R at the GW menu with 3.0.1 (dont know if that makes a difference). Happy gaming everyone! Will report back if i run into any more problems. :)

edit 3: I'd like to request a close to this topic if possible, we're adequately discussing this in greater detail in the other "Gateway 3.0 and 2DS: Broken and Unusable" thread. 32kb Allocation Size worked for a bit, then it went back to being shaky.

Reactions: DSlite2
D

Deleted User

I think it is because of the changes they did to the FPGA on the Red Card. I suggest you use Omega 2.7 for now (downgrade to 4.5 first) and hold the R button to update the FPGA back to 2.7 Omega

jscjml

Monster Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it is because of the changes they did to the FPGA on the Red Card. I suggest you use Omega 2.7 for now (downgrade to 4.5 first) and hold the R button to update the FPGA back to 2.7 Omega

Ah, but i am on a 2DS. Can they downgrade to 4.5? I'd be happy to do so if it were possible.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, alright. I hope this is just a bug in the FW they're having and it gets sorted out. In the meantime ill go check if my SD card is fake and if not, turn this into the SDcard for my 2DS and just play .cia's.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could not load any game roms at all, except for big blue menu, and tried 3 different mSD cards. 4, 32, 64. I was certain the GW was defective. I updated to the new 3.0.1 launcher and then ran the diagnostic from the GW and it all passed. After that I have not had any problem loading roms. So it was either the new launcher or running the diagnostic that fixed it for me.

Have my 9 year old playing on it now, will report back if it drops out of a game. I am certain her will let me know. Daaaaaaadddddd!!!!

blaydes99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've also had some issues, but only on the 2DS handheld, the 3DS and 3DSXL work fine. I'll try the exFAT 32kb cluster size and see if that helps.

Reactions: DSlite2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.