Softmodded v1.0 xbox unlocked hdd

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh,thats sad to hear.:(

Which DVD-R/DVD+Rs did you use ? Which Tool you use for burning ? Did you try it to burn on 4x speed ?
Thomson can read DVD+R/DVD-R.Can you open it and try to clean out ? Maybe a little POT adjusting can help too.

https://www.google.at/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjNiprJ_oLiAhURY1AKHWQqDokQFjASegQIABAC&url=http://users.skynet.be/bk231905/tutorials/pdf/Xbox-Thompson-DVD-drive-laser-adjustment-procedure.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1hx2NsTRy5TrcbiBXB6h5y

Thank you.:)
Now I did try cleaning the lens gently with qtip/alcohol. But could it all mean I didn't do the tsop correctly?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If your XBox is an 1.0 Version,than you have to solder (our you use silver conductive paint too)
FRONT and BACK of your Mainboard:

10top.jpg

10under.jpg

Also please check the CHIP (Hyundai/Winbond/ST /for SHARP look on Picture 2 please.).

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's somewhat of a catch-22. You can't boot the Hexen disc without a softmod to boot from - which is store on the hard drive that can't be booted from. There are different options to fix this:

1. Install a modchip like Aladdin XT (100% sure method)
2. Lock the drive with a PC that has a compatible chipset (hit or miss)
3. Use a spare modded Xbox to lock the drive with the HDDKey/eeprom .bin

Last edited by cracker,
D

Deleted User

my phillips drive is the only drive that reads auto installer deluxe or hexen disc at that point - Have tried all drives.

You can try 80 pin cable and test

Last edited by ,

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tweaked the pot. And did everything but lock the drive. I'm still at the error screen with no error code. and no discs will work at all. Not - or + or cd-rw discs.Nothing. So does it needs to be locked and I need to be on A dash before these discs will work right. They won't work at the error screen correct. So i'm gonna lock the drive. And come back when I inevitably throw this thing in the trash.

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put the hdd inside A modern pc with A usb dongle thing and it asked me how it was partitioned MBR or GPT I think it was (didn't do it I just canceled out of it). But I can't just hook this drive up to A pc and acces the stuff on it when it's unlocked? I was hoping to get the eeprom.bin off of it before I locked it. So I could make A new drive and upgrade this thing before I did anymore. But if not then i'll just get it working again with the original.

Last edited by link42586,

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got access to the drive. Cannot copy anything from it. Found eeprom.bin and all kinds of backup stuff...Can't copy any of it or lock the drive. Says cannot find eeprom.bin and that file is all over this drive..pics incoming. I just don't know how to use linux or whatever this program is it's like A gui for windows the program is called XBOX_HDDManager_2.3_USB-Beta3 and if anyone has any tips to get this thing locked or that eeprom.bin off that drive from here please let me know. Also what was the teamassembly masterpassword for?

Attachments

• 20190504_233456.jpg
    20190504_233456.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 20190504_233515.jpg
    20190504_233515.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 156
  • 20190504_233623.jpg
    20190504_233623.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 20190503_214159.jpg
    20190503_214159.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 198

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think FATXplorer was the one that worked for me when I was using a USB-IDE cable. There are a few different tools that can handle FATX over on eurasia.nu too. If none of them work then you might need to plug directly into proper IDE. I'm not sure if locking works differently and allows other chipsets with different tools since I switched to using another Xbox after I had a known-good eeprom.bin when I had it happen to me.

I think that master password was to put a common password on any drive and written to the EEPROM so there was less of a risk of losing it and having to dump the EEPROM with hardware.

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think FATXplorer was the one that worked for me when I was using a USB-IDE cable. There are a few different tools that can handle FATX over on eurasia.nu too. If none of them work then you might need to plug directly into proper IDE. I'm not sure if locking works differently and allows other chipsets with different tools since I switched to using another Xbox after I had a known-good eeprom.bin when I had it happen to me.

I think that master password was to put a common password on any drive and written to the EEPROM so there was less of a risk of losing it and having to dump the EEPROM with hardware.

The very first thing I read about FATXplorer was that it doesn't work on original xbox So i'll look into something else. But with the xboxhddmanager 2.3 usb program I can access the contents of the drive. That's what the pics are from. But idk how to use it and copy the stuff from it. And as you said before it is kinda finicky as doing it from inside the pc and not use it didn't work at all...usb is what seems to work. And even that only seems to work some of the time.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it copies over the files to HDD_Files when QEMU is run in r/w mode from the batch file. Open the eeprom.bin with a hex editor to make sure the serial number matches. Then copy the eeprom.bin to the same directory as xboxhd.bat and run the bat to lock the drive.

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like it copies over the files to HDD_Files when QEMU is run in r/w mode from the batch file. Open the eeprom.bin with a hex editor to make sure the serial number matches. Then copy the eeprom.bin to the same directory as xboxhd.bat and run the bat to lock the drive.
I tried to copy files and idk how to do it. F5 was the way I was trying to do it but man it's right in front of me..I can't seem to get this to work and I been at it all day..Even brought my brother into it. I know the password....I took A picture of it before I unlocked it...is it possible to just manually lock it? I remember I did that back in the day when I had an xecuter 2.3b chip..but i can't find the program I did it with...it was 18 years ago....i'm so close.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried copying screenshots and it moved one but in the windows folder it doesnt show up. it erased that file from the xbox drive so its trying. i just cant get it to show up in my windows drive

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After learning how to view files I can confirm the eeprom.bin is the correct one. But idk how to copy it to the same directory as xboxhd.bat.....how do u do that

I wish it was that easy. It looks like it is copying the stuff but it just doesn't. It seems like it's not RW...as in read/write...it looks like it's only loading the read-only one.

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I just checked there is two different files of that program inside the xboxHD folder that says launch.bat and launchrw.bat and something tells me it's only loading up the read only one....how do i get it to load up the launchrw.bat version of that.

If I highlight eeprom.bin and hit f5....it'll copy it to the hdd_files side and look like it did the entire thing. But in windows I look in the folder and nothing. What am I missing.

Also stupid question. I know everything in the eeprom.bin file...Can I just recreate it myself? I put way too much time into this.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've skimmed over the thread so please bare with me if I missed something.
I have a bit of experience with OG Xbox modding.
1st the console can't read burned disks without a soft mod. (Hexen, BIOS tools .etc.)
2nd It's much easier to soft mod the system, FTP the files such as games saves to a PC then back again after a hard drive upgrade.
3rd the only consoles that NEED a mod chip are the rare 1.6 models. You can install a chip if you really want for dual nand or if you want a LCD screen.

There are guides to softmod a system without a TSOP flash but it's worth it. (Hard drive upgrade / read burned disks)
The easiest method to soft mod is with a controller to USB adapter and a game ( one of several )
You can make a makeshift adapter with a female A usb cable if you have a soldering iron.
If you can find a copy of Mech Assult or Splinter Cell (Specific versions) you can be fully soft modded within about 1.5 hours with a hard drive upgrade.
If you would like some assistance with the mod, I can help when I have free time.

link42586

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point. I need help only with getting my eeprom.bin file off my unlocked xbox hdd using the xboxhdm23usb program and the qemu linux thing. Basically it won't allow me to copy the eeprom.bin from the xbox drive. I can view it copy it and do whatever else but it's all in read-only mode so I can't get the file off to lock the drive. When the guy above me says copy the eeprom.bin to the hdd_files that's great and what me and my brother thought. But it's in read-only mode. I check the files on my windows drive and they are read only...Can't uncheck that either. When I do it looks like it's making all the stuff read/write but it won't let me write. I'm so close. Also Instead of using usb...I put it on the ide cable just to try that. Still looks like it's copying it but it doesn't. Next time I open the qemu it's not where I put it...the eeprom.bin that is. As I tried putting it all over at this point just to see if it would stick u know. But it doesn't. How can I get that qemu linux thing to go to rw mode...or read/write mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system