talflanzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for the tutorial ! it works
just hacked LU65 4.0U Wii.
just refer the CIOSrev11 step as install LU64.wad.
After that i have installed CIOS38rev13b and now Backup luncher and USB works.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
chunan said:
I just installed cIOS rev11 beta with cBoot2 on my LU64+.
The below are the steps.

0. prepare required files for cBoot2

This is the most difficult part.
unsure.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need to softmod a lu64+ Wii and i was looking at this guide.... I was under the impression that Cboot2 only worked on older Wiis which didn't have the new boot1. Soo how would it work on LU64+ wiis?

I really just need a good guide for a NTSC 3.X Wii. No need for 4.0. I've looked at multiple guides...softmii, this one, other variations...if anyone can link one that is sure to work with the least chance of brickage I would be greatful.

I've modded older Wiis, but not a LU64+. And If I can't do a full nand backup from boot2 bootmii then I want to go about this very carefully.

Also I need to know if I can install preloader .29 for alittle bit of brick protection and the system hacks of course.
Thanks.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PBC said:
I need to softmod a lu64+ Wii and i was looking at this guide.... I was under the impression that Cboot2 only worked on older Wiis which didn't have the new boot1. Soo how would it work on LU64+ wiis?
It wouldn't. Fortunately you're mistaken.

QUOTE said:
I really just need a good guide for a NTSC 3.X Wii. No need for 4.0. I've looked at multiple guides...softmii, this one, other variations...if anyone can link one that is sure to work with the least chance of brickage I would be greatful.
This method should work on ANY Wii, and I don't see any risk of brickage.

Also I need to know if I can install preloader .29 for alittle bit of brick protection and the system hacks of course.

This is where the fail comes in. The only preloader-supported firmware the LU64+ seems able to run is 4.0, and there's no known way to install it on there. We're still waiting on brick protection.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does StartPatch work on the LU64's? Its hacks along with the patched IOS60 (which works fine on these Wiis) would allow you to run autoboot discs such as Wad Manager or one that loads BootMii/IOS.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StartPatch bailed out after giving me an ES_Identify error, but I imagine it could probably be recoded slightly to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow