Hacking Softmod on 4.0 LU64+

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
could it be because im using the compiled version ??. Just to be sure im doing right : starting the wii , i got to hbc then i use home key , load bootmii (i dont know if it is the same as you mine is french , so i try to translate my best ) then the screen goes black for about 10 sec and after that , the wad manager load that it.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should. It worked for one guy but doesn't seem to be working for another.

And yeah, it's supposed to load Wad Manager. It's a custom version that runs off of cboot2. Or at least it is if you've installed everything right. What I'd do is take everything off your card that's not related to the cboot2 package and give it another shot to make sure you're not booting the normal Wad Manager by accident.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let me know if the cboot complied version i posted works or not for other people, if not i'll take down the download link

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working as expected here. Wad manager loaded fine, and install of rev11 sailed on through. (Using WiiBlaster's build from earlier in this thread)

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mtb-bfh said:
Working as expected here. Wad manager loaded fine, and install of rev11 sailed on through. (Using WiiBlaster's build from earlier in this thread)

are you on 4.0 ?

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
wiiblasters compiler is not working for my lu65 i am getting the same errors as if im loading wad manager 1.4 through hbc normaly. i am going to have to go with the classic cboot2 method.

someone type up some steps to do cboot2 without the compiler

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf : i tryed to on another formated sd card , whit all wiiblaster compiled files + the lu64 wad the i got ret -1035 error . do i need to install IOS36-64-v1042.wad ?

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Installing IOS36 would just make anything that uses IOS36 not work. Maybe you could try compiling cboot2 yourself.

yeah im doing that right now , i just have to wait one more hour for my ''backup'' to get the 2 files from BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad...
or if anyone have them and can host please ( if its legal???)

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i went ahead and removed the complied version link i uploaded i guess its best for people do it themselves sense it seemed what worked for me and a few other people doesn't work for everyone dont need to add confusion i guess

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that I have this, is there any way to get preloader working? The system will still freeze if I try to revert to an older IOS36, won't it?

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i retry and was abble to install the LU64cIOS .dol ( that corect ? ) . now im able to start usb loader and backup loader from hbc . But im about try if thaht work . I heard i need to "scan" or something like that , the iso befor burning to remove region or something like that ? what the program plz ?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to know it worked! This is too good.

And you don't need to do anything to your ISO's. The backup loaders are region free and ignore disc updates.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, currently preloader won't install, telling me (rightly so) that my IOS36 doesn't accept fakesign (and there's no way to point it at ios249 if that would even work...I don't quite understand the mechanism preloader works by). I know the unit will run firmware 3.4 because that's what I had when I bought the thing before my dumb arse upgraded it, but all the warnings that came along with the rev11 cIOS have me a bit paranoid to attempt playing around too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)