Hacking Softmod on 4.0 LU64+

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I just installed cIOS rev11 beta with cBoot2 on my LU64+.
The below are the steps.

0. prepare required files for cBoot2
1. load hackmii installer beta2 through bannerbomb
2. install homebrew channel 1.03
3. install BootMii as IOS254
4. load cBoot2Installer through hbc
5. restart Wii
6. load hbc and press 'Home' button
7. select "Launch BootMii"
8. Wad Manager 1.4 is loaded
9. install cIOS rev11 beta

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I was hoping this would work, but haven't had a chance to try it myself yet. Getting cBoot2 running looked a little too involved for the total novice, but it shouldn't be a huge leap to package it up a little nicer and finally present a fix for all the people that have been stuck.

Hopefully this will also give an entering wedge to figure out exactly what can/can't be done with these systems instead of just giving the knee-jerkish "Don't install anything! Don't change anything! Don't downgrade anything!" disclaimer that goes along with the LU64Fix package.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The coolest thing about it is that it means that as long as BootMii can be installed, a wii can be fully softmodded. Also, people don't have to deal with the "XFD UR A PIRATE" downgrade thing anymore either.

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one question , in cboot2 zip i got in root folder the boot , startup + in the app folder i have another boot , wich one i need to use in hbc ?

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
flavors said:
one question , in cboot2 zip i got in root folder the boot , startup + in the app folder i have another boot , wich one i need to use in hbc ?

in cboot2.zip, boot.dol in app folder is cBoot2Installer while the one in root is wad manager

you don't need to change anything, just unzip it to SD root and copy the required files to 00000001 folder

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
WiiBlaster said:
This may help a few people with Cboot this the already complied version of cboot, all you do is copy the bootmii folder over your old bootmii folder place the boot and startup on the root of your sd card, then go to your HBC, hit the home key and launch bootmii which will then boot into cboot, you have to already have bootmii install has a IOS, and newest HBC

compiled version of cboot2 on different machines would be the same? is it portable?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cboot doesn't modify your boot2, it only adds to the armboot which is on the sd card pretty sure of this, cause i have a few wiis which i have never installed cboot to, with just these files on the sd card and bootmii install has a IOS, i'm able to load cboot through the HBC, without ever running the cboot installer

So yea should work for everyone,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it ought to work for anyone. I think the reason it was released as an installer and not compiled like this is because it contains Ninty code.

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Working for me , thx WiiBlaster . It load wad manager when booting bootmii . but know i dont know what to do lol ....

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
flavors said:
Working for me , thx WiiBlaster . It load wad manager when booting bootmii . but know i dont know what to do lol ....

put cIOS rev11 beta (for LU64+) or cIOS rev9 in wad folder and then install it

or you can wait until the release of cIOS rev12, should be this weekend

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chunan said:
flavors said:

Ok im a noob.. why all cIOS i find are like .dol ? no wad ? can you explain please ? i feel realy dump ...

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flavors said:
chunan said:
flavors said:

Ok im a noob.. why all cIOS i find are like .dol ? no wad ? can you explain please ? i feel realy dump ...

I think a CIOS Rev 11 wad is included in SoftMii's lu64 fix pack:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152406

Unrar that pack and grab LU64.wad (They renamed it shhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone