Hacking Softmod on 4.0 LU64+

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

First of all this wii is a LU64 and at least 3.4 original (think it was 3.2). When the owner gave it to me because he was having problems installing WADs , it was on 3.4 . It has a wiikey 2 that i installed. What was happening in 3.4 was that most apps that i executed in hbc would result in a black screen , or load but not do all they are supposed to do. I thought perhaps hbc was at fault, so i resinstalled it, same results. Then, not thinking it was a LU64 i updated it through the settings menu, thinking i was going to downgrade it from there if i still couldn't patch it in 4.0 (with the newest advancements with 4.0). But now , there is not much i can do. HBC is still installed , and banner bomb seems to work without hassle but still most code i run just blackscreens. I tried the downgrade IOS35 method, which all seems to be ok because done! keeps printing during install, but then patchmii crashes. After IOS35 downgrade, wadmanager 1.3 for IOS35 shows the top logo , but then blackscreens. Then the cboot2 method came out, but unfortunately , the bootmii installer is also an app that blackscreens. By running wad manager 1.4 , i was able to test different IOS and see if any of them allow me to install wads, when i noticed that IOS254 is a choice in wadmanager, so i tried to use the boot.dol that bootmii would execute to install LU64.wad (is this really cIOS rev 11 ?) but that fails too.

Even worse , the homebrew channel attemps to update itself , and if you read the release notes , it says it is packaged with bootmii installer , and , it will just blackscreen as well. So i use 1.0.1 at the moment.

Any ideas? If LU64.wad is not cIOS rev 11, i know i can't ask for links , but someone pm me it
smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you downgraded IOS35? That wasn't a good move since anything that uses IOS35 to run won't work now, but I think you can fix that by prompting an update. Just run a connection test and it'll ask you if you want to do an update. 4.0 -> 4.0 FTW!

And you can't get BootMii to run either in the HBC or BannerBomb? Give it a shot after re-updating. Also, as far as I know the LU64.wad is cIOS Rev11 or at least a beta thereof. It works regardless of its name.

flavors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Roamin64 said:
Hi,

First of all this wii is a LU64 and at least 3.4 original (think it was 3.2). When the owner gave it to me because he was having problems installing WADs , it was on 3.4 . It has a wiikey 2 that i installed. What was happening in 3.4 was that most apps that i executed in hbc would result in a black screen , or load but not do all they are supposed to do. I thought perhaps hbc was at fault, so i resinstalled it, same results. Then, not thinking it was a LU64 i updated it through the settings menu, thinking i was going to downgrade it from there if i still couldn't patch it in 4.0 (with the newest advancements with 4.0). But now , there is not much i can do. HBC is still installed , and banner bomb seems to work without hassle but still most code i run just blackscreens. I tried the downgrade IOS35 method, which all seems to be ok because done! keeps printing during install, but then patchmii crashes. After IOS35 downgrade, wadmanager 1.3 for IOS35 shows the top logo , but then blackscreens. Then the cboot2 method came out, but unfortunately , the bootmii installer is also an app that blackscreens. By running wad manager 1.4 , i was able to test different IOS and see if any of them allow me to install wads, when i noticed that IOS254 is a choice in wadmanager, so i tried to use the boot.dol that bootmii would execute to install LU64.wad (is this really cIOS rev 11 ?) but that fails too.

Even worse , the homebrew channel attemps to update itself , and if you read the release notes , it says it is packaged with bootmii installer , and , it will just blackscreen as well. So i use 1.0.1 at the moment.

Any ideas? If LU64.wad is not cIOS rev 11, i know i can't ask for links , but someone pm me it
smile.gif

you get a black screen whit bootmii beta V2 ??

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roamin: I'm sure others here are more clued than me, but if I were in your position I would first do the IOS35 downgrade again and then a ninty upgrade just to be sure you're as "virgin" as possible. Then try to run the new bootmii installer from bannerbomb, just to be sure it isn't some foolery with your old HBC causing it to freeze.

Once you get bootmii installer going, you should (at the very least) be able to update your HBC and use the cboot2/wadmanager method to install LU64.wad (which yes, is in fact rev 11) which should leave you in the same position I'm in.

If the bootmii installer just plain won't run for you, I don't know what to suggest other than posting to their bug registry.

Posts merged

Man I'm way too slow.
smile.gif

comet77

Trophies
Website
www.megaupload.com
XP
Country
Canada
Roamin64 said:
Hi,

smile.gif

I did almost the samething but I was on 4.0 and downgraded 36. All dol files just stopped working after I did that. I did a Nintendo update and started from scratch using the bannerbomb.

I is all working great now and I am able to boot backup disc from the disc channel and load dol's from the SD.

If you try it I hope it works for you too.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you all for the prompt of re-updating, bootmii successfully launched after i reupdated, and so did cboot2. wadmanager 1.4 can now install wads using IOS249. Thanks again.

Final question , how do i go on about using the SD menu card , it works on my other wii , that i upgraded to 4.0 using this guide : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I assume IOS60 is the one patched in order to let WADs be backed up on SD card? Should i apply step 5 to this wii?

5) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

Or is that a no-no?

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But is IOS60 responsible for the SD transfer? So i would risk a brick if i tried? bootmii is installed as ios , so i can't use it to restore , would preloader work on lu64? Any way to try to patch ios60 , will being 100% brick free? I have my nand.bin

smile.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS60 is what the System Menu runs off of, which means that messing with it can be a brick risk. It's okay on a normal Wii but I can't promise anything on a LU64

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right, thanx for the help, i'll let some other guinea pigs try it in the next few days. Right now the most important part is done.

I'm a happy camper , as i spent a lot of time on this , although it turned out to be quite simple.

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chunan may i ask if you installed cios60 before or after the 4.0 update, and was it with a wad install or down loader that patched the file

- out curiosity what are the next 2 numbers in your lu64xx serial?

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
runkittyrun said:
chunan may i ask if you installed cios60 before or after the 4.0 update, and was it with a wad install or down loader that patched the file

- out curiosity what are the next 2 numbers in your lu64xx serial?

after ninty 4.0 updated, i installed CIOS60BF.wad through wad manager

btw, my "LU64+" is Japanese region, so the serial no is different but its not softmoddable as well

ewookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the cBoot2 Readme.txt...
QUOTE said:
The files in directory v2 are Boot2. You need to extract BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad.
Note: /00000001/00000001/v2/00000000.app is decrypted.

I'm confused there. Do I just need to extract BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad from a backup or do I also need to extract files from BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad?

If i need to extract files from BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad, how...what program do I use?

I have a LU65 Wii that I installed HBC on using Twilight Princes hack. Then I updated to 4.0 (not sure what it was running before update).

Thanks!

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the link to the cBoot2 release thread. I'm pretty sure your question's answered there, and if not that's probably where it properly belongs.

chunan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
cacique77 said:
When I try to run cIOS rev 11 i get error ret = -2011. Any ideas?

you should install cIOS_rev11.wad not load cIOS installer rev11

the wad manager in cBoot2 archive is modded for cBoot2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.