Hacking Softmii + Region Free Disc Channel?

scoooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to ask the same thing.
I have softmii .095 installed. The disc channel is working for backup dvd's as long as they are ntsc but I have one that is pal
and it isn't recognized. I can load it with Gamma .3 Backup loader, but this seems to be a challenge for my wife. I thought the region free
part of softmii would allow autoload of PAL type DVD's, am I mistaken about this?
Any advice, Thanks

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure I did, I used the one from the latest softmii pack and the one posted on the softmii forums, both of which failed.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use AnyRegionChanger to downgrade to 3.2 + Install Starfall Hacks.

Then install Preloader + CIOSCORP.

Problem solved.

Or use RegionFrii on the ISOs to patch it to your region and it will load from the disc channel. (Not all games work correctly with this method.)

I do not know whether or not the "region free Wii games" in the hacks.ini work well with preloader as I have not touched it as I already had used AnyRegionChanger to region free the disc channel.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
forgive m e if i'mwrong, but when using softmii you need to disable the region hacks in the hacks.i ni file coz ARC will do the region free part right?

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BMasterP said:
forgive m e if i'mwrong, but when using softmii you need to disable the region hacks in the hacks.i ni file coz ARC will do the region free part right?

All arc manages to do is install a fresh 3.2....

scoooter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 I have done the downgrade ro 3.2 and installed starfall and I just recently upgraded to preloader 2.8 I don't know if that upgrades the hack.ini data if not I used the hacks.ini that came with preloader 2.6, Not understanding the values in this file a left them has is. I guess my question is , is it safe to re-install the CIOSCORP stuff again, it should just overwrite the same data? right!

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
scoooter said:
Tichinde925 I have done the downgrade ro 3.2 and installed starfall and I just recently upgraded to preloader 2.8 I don't know if that upgrades the hack.ini data if not I used the hacks.ini that came with preloader 2.6, Not understanding the values in this file a left them has is. I guess my question is , is it safe to re-install the CIOSCORP stuff again, it should just overwrite the same data? right!

AnyRegionChanger1.1bM5 is what you should be using. It installs a fresh 3.2 system with Starfall hacks already installed which means this enables Region Free in the Disc Channel. I got this from the Riskii package.

Then install Preloader.

Then install CIOSCORP.

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tichinde925 said:
scoooter said:

AnyRegionChanger1.1bM5 is what you should be using. It installs a fresh 3.2 system with Starfall hacks already installed which means this enables Region Free in the Disc Channel. I got this from the Riskii package.

Then install Preloader.

Then install CIOSCORP.

Ty, I'll try it out now.

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright PAL games seem to be working but I confronted a new problem.

Turns out the game I was trying doesn't work even though I can play a PAL mario kart.

The game is Wario Land Shake It (PAL; works on backup launcher) and also if I try playing the working pal games it asks for a parental code.

EDIT: Seems NTSC Mario Galaxy isn't working from Disc channel either, though it works fine off the backup launcher.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get a parental code, it means that you or someone enabled Parental controls on your Wii. Disable it and you will not see that message anymore.

If you cant disable it, go here:

http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp

If any game doesnt appear / work from the Disc Channel, it means that it is not a 1:1 copy and perhaps it is decrypted and will only work from a backup launcher.

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tichinde925 said:
If you get a parental code, it means that you or someone enabled Parental controls on your Wii. Disable it and you will not see that message anymore.

http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp

If any game doesnt appear / work from the Disc Channel, it means that it is not a 1:1 copy and perhaps it is decrypted and will only work from a backup launcher.

Yeah your right it was the decrypted problem I figured that out x.x sorry. But the problem I'm actually having is that it asks for a PIN each time I play a PAL game only. I only have parental controls turned on so my siblings don't accidentally update my Wii. I checked the settings and I have it set to allow any game.

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chaoshawk said:
BMasterP said:

??????

Posts merged

chaoshawk said:
QUOTE(Tichinde925 @ Feb 16 2009, 05:17 AM)

[url=http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp]http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp[/url]

Yeah your right it was the decrypted problem I figured that out x.x sorry. But the problem I'm actually having is that it asks for a PIN each time I play a PAL game only. I only have parental controls turned on so my siblings don't accidentally update my Wii. I checked the settings and I have it set to allow any game.

i have setup my parental the same as you, but it only asks for a pin with out of region vc games

chaoshawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BMasterP said:
chaoshawk said:
BMasterP said:

??????

Posts merged

chaoshawk said:
QUOTE(Tichinde925 @ Feb 16 2009, 05:17 AM)

[url=http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp]http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp[/url]

i have setup my parental the same as you, but it only asks for a pin with out of region vc games

And out of region Discs apparantly. So no fix as of yet I guess. Thanks anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox