Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooray for happy days!
But seriously, SoftMii 3.0 is looking awesome. Can't wait to use the new softmii tweaks!

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya i had softmii 2 installed from the start, i was just asking if using wanin's 4.0 upgrader, which i did would cause any issues upgrading to softmii 3... (making sure it would be safe to when it comes out)

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ServDogg - Thanks for your reply.

Sadly, the 3.0 release does not contain a " new " exploit to install the HBC on a virgin wii.

The LU64 fix currently works for all lu64's running on 3.4(x) -

It is Comex who is working on the new 4.0 exploit and i hope he gets that out to the public when it's ready. I don't have any info to relay on that front tho as I am not aware of the current situation. I did hear tho that it was pretty much there and it just needed some cleaning up, but don't hold me to that.

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
It's a good thing swf3 is banned. Else, he'd be spamming this board with "Softmii kills wii`s".

Anyway Skarface, nice job! I'm hoping for a Windows theme on 4.0
wink.gif

You can find Matrix, Rock Band and WindowsXP Themes converted to 4.0 here...

http://softmii.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2...ab54653270333e4

the top 3 themes with V4 in the filename.

To convert them to PAL just unpack an original 00000075.app file and the 00000072.appwindowsxpntsc theme for example
Then copy all the .ash files from the XP theme into the common folder in the unpacked 75.app common folder
Then repack the 75.app_OUT folder as 00000075.appWindowsXP or whatever you want to call it.

I use U8Tool 10.1 for my packing/unpacking

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Skarface,

After posting, I edited because I remembered the the unhackable wii's don't contain 4.0. Thanks for answering my stupid question so soon. I was hoping no one would notice it. LOL

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I would guess that:

- themes and tweaks are from the "softmii" team

-LUA64 fix (what does it do btw ?), DIP patching on NUS IOS are from waninkoko (or at least people having minimal knowledge in IOS patching)

- the 2other "tools" (CIOS Downgrader & IOS downgrader) are just the same old applications repackaged with a softmii logo

Still nice to have everything in a single package though BUT I don't understand why you people ALWAYS need to make big announce/teasers on boards as if these were professional or revolutionnary products (I loled at the version number) and I still don't understand why you absolutely need donations for that ???

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
this will be interesting to see , and i for one will have a look ! i was there since the start when clarkey put together riskii , and watched it develop , along with digitydogs / icefire ( maybe jizmo cant remember everyone lol ) custom system menu's .......didnt even fors , admit defeat ( beaten to it ) and jump on board ? and back then clarkey even said it was a guide of other peoples work ( and credit was always given ) but it has moved on a lot since then and i think you guys deserve some credit for your work in the scene !

i mainly want to know if you are releasing your own usb loader , if so can you give me a peek , because at the moment this the biggest thing in the scene !

another thing , will you have an offline version aswell ? i know thats against the legal cioscorp , but you know what i mean !

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its all good ServDogg - hehe

Also - The apps are modded versions of wanins orginal apps for the SoftMii Team, hence the SoftMii branding.

More info will come out with release about who has helped with the project as it's been a long time since we released the last update. This was the reason for it, we wanted to get it right! We thought about releasing an update like what MiiWii did, but that was nothing new. So, the team went to ground and came back with new things for you.

And if you wana hate or flame, don't even waste time posting as it's gotten old now.

I would like to say thanks tho to Wanin,Wiigator, and Kwiirk.
tongue.gif

Jacobion - Your WRONG - But, anyway - i'll let you share your LU64 fix with the community - and if it was so easy - why has no1 else made/done/released it?

TheWiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
I would guess that:

-LUA64 fix (what does it do btw ?), DIP patching on NUS IOS are from waninkoko (or at least people having minimal knowledge in IOS patching)

- the 2other "tools" (CIOS Downgrader & IOS downgrader) are just the same old applications repackaged with a softmii logo

Still nice to have everything in a single package though BUT I don't understand why you people ALWAYS need to make big announce/teasers on boards as if these were professional or revolutionnary products (I loled at the version number) and I still don't understand why you absolutely need donations for that ???

Why not make a thread about it? There so many other pointless posts on here and this one is the announcement of something that will be really useful for some people (A SoftMii pack with the LU64 fix).

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Themes are by SoftMii Team, Tweaks by me and the SoftMii Team.

QUOTE said:
LU64 by skarface05, DIP Patching by me/axe97/digitydogs/etc.

The other "tools" (iosdowngrader etc) are re-written/modified by others specifically for us to include more functionality than anything out there.

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also - This is just for Jacobian - SoftCorp - Legal CIOSCORP was made in house - wanin had nothing to do with it - but since you are obviously not friends with him - wanin is also making his own which will be finished soon.

tongue.gif

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do these include the annoying music that is in many of Wanin's releases? (Please say no...)

Nice work pulling this stuff together for people, but it would be nice if you were a bit more lowkey. I mean, even the alternate USB Loader coders are heavy on the credits, ensuring they point out all the people who have helped them. It would be nice to see more of that.

As for all this stuff being open source, yes, it means they can take, modify, and release it. But IIRC, it is under the GPL license, so you must also release the modified source or you're violating the terms. I hope we'll be able to snag your source when this is released.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
Just so you know, I've coded a bit of stuff for this to, and that was directly FOR softmii. Don't say it is just a collection, it is something new (SoftMii Tweaks 3 rocks imo, but I did write it
tongue.gif
).

So wait what's better then, MyMenuIFY 2.0 or softmii tweaks/themes in 3.0?
tongue.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I would like to say thanks tho to Wanin,Wiigator, and Kwiirk.

hehe... so we know that they have all helped you for that release
tongue.gif

well, there aren't so much IOS "hackers" on the dark side anyway

well, I bet it's their problem if they don't mind seeing their work being redesigned in a noob-friendly package..as long as everybody's happy, no need for flaming then
evil.gif

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jacobian - No1 has repackaged there work - the apps that i have shown/talked about were made specifically for SoftMii.

Antiaverage: We have not directly modded anyones apps - why would we release source?
The things that have been made/added into pack/released are all from people who have had something to do with the softmii release.

We don't ask for credit, but i also don't see any of you doing this for the scene....you all scower the forums looking for new stuff, etc........When people like myself and the others are up trying to get all this 2gether for all of you.

We enjoy it tho guys so we will keep it up
tongue.gif

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
this will be interesting to see , and i for one will have a look ! i was there since the start when clarkey put together riskii , and watched it develop , along with digitydogs / icefire ( maybe jizmo cant remember everyone lol ) custom system menu's .......didnt even fors , admit defeat ( beaten to it ) and jump on board ? and back then clarkey even said it was a guide of other peoples work ( and credit was always given ) but it has moved on a lot since then and i think you guys deserve some credit for your work in the scene !

i mainly want to know if you are releasing your own usb loader , if so can you give me a peek , because at the moment this the biggest thing in the scene !

another thing , will you have an offline version aswell ? i know thats against the legal cioscorp , but you know what i mean !

right guys , when you put the handbags away , any chance of an answer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it