Hacking softmii 3.0 coming soon

  • Thread starter Thread starter FOUNTAINEER
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,401
  • Replies Replies 36
Would everyone please STFU about SoftMii?

It's useless and stupid.

And it bricks. I don't care about how anyone says it's "safe", people have bricked from it and that's all the proof I need. How often it does doesn't matter, it's still retarded.
 
SoftMii is about as useful as ...

xGdxM.jpg
 
Im looking forward to softmii 3.0 I got 2.9.5 on mine atm and i cannot fault it. O and i didnt brick my wii, maybe because i printed off the instructions and read them 3 times before i put it on. softmii dont brick wiis only idiots brick wiis!
 
Rofl, best pic ever to represet softmii xD. Anyways it's nit rain or shine, it's hell or high water see?
QUOTE said:
Written by DigityDogs   
Monday, 22 June 2009 16:02
Alot of things have been going on around the site here lately. Things have been changing growing and expanding, and i know still no Softmii 3.0.

Well thats about to change! This Friday June 26th COME HELL OR HIGH WATER. Softmii 3.0 WILL be released. No more delays no more excuses. This is a Digity Guarenteed Release!

Add Comment (4) Hits: 26
 
Softmii doesn't brick wiis. It's a great easy to understand package for noobs. I used it on my first wii and with it I was able to learn how use everything else. Like the guy said only idiots brick wiis oh and give their unwanted opinion on a forum abot something coming out. If you really don't like it or care go start your own thread
 
wow, it bricks wiis? This is the first I've heard of it because I know I PERSONALLY have installed it in at LEAST 30-40+ Wiis and never 1 brick! Hmmmmmm.......

This reminds me of when I was in high school (amazing, I said WHEN I was in high school...10 years ago) and someone would call a girl a whore because they didn't like her when in all actuality she's only dated like 2 guys.....I think you catch my drift!
 
I've honestly had no problems running it. The only issue I have with it is with what I consider to be the stupid theme stuff, but not everyone is against that.

I don't know where you guys are gathering that it bricks wiis from. I've used it on 2 Wii's now and I've encountered no issues whatsoever.
 
Arm the Homeless said:
Would everyone please STFU about SoftMii?

It's useless and stupid.

And it bricks. I don't care about how anyone says it's "safe", people have bricked from it and that's all the proof I need. How often it does doesn't matter, it's still retarded.

Every homebrew app carries a risk of a brick. As softmii is a series of apps, the risk of a brick increases. How comes the downer on it anyways?
 
Viva La RiiskiMod eh NB
wink.gif


good luck anyway lads, providing people read the instructions it works perfect, its probably been installed on 1000's of wii's by now, and if people continue to format there wii or uninstall there IOS's to get rid of corp then how can they be the fault of the package maintainer?

i agree 2.9.5 and the delayed release and hype was a total fucking disaster...but 3.0 sounds promising...the team now has its own coders, theme designers and even the illustrious waninkoko.

just give 3.0 a chance and then make your statements...otherwise...your just trolling
 
bazamuffin said:
How comes the downer on it anyways?
Why do I hate SoftMii?

Because it's a useless guide/package containing stuff that you can easily get yourself.
Then there's the people that says they're running or using a certain version of SoftMii or even using it at all. It's a package. It's not software.

Really, it's useless, stupid, a waste of time, and not worth this topic. It's lucky I even used my time to talk about it.
 
Arm the Homeless said:
bazamuffin said:
How comes the downer on it anyways?
Why do I hate SoftMii?

Because it's a useless guide/package containing stuff that you can easily get yourself.
Then there's the people that says they're running or using a certain version of SoftMii or even using it at all. It's a package. It's not software.

Really, it's useless, stupid, a waste of time, and not worth this topic. It's lucky I even used my time to talk about it.
100% agree
I think "we" dont need tutorial/guides : people just have to read readme files and think by thereself, it's the only way to get it working and avoid brick.
It should be some natural selection: stupids just have to buy games. The others can use hack to play more!
 
You all are confusing the different versions of SoftMii. When it was nothing more than a guide it was fine since it was just a collection of proven apps and instructions. Then the "SoftMii Team" decided they could create a one-size-fits-all automated installer and enlisted the help of people who knew very little about coding and even less about testing. What they released was a bricking abomination known as "SoftMii 2.9.x" and suckers/guinea pigs ran it. We don't need any notification of when "SoftMii 3.0" will actually be released. Anybody who is waiting on the next incarnation of that turd knows where to get it.


"just give 3.0 a chance and then make your statements...otherwise...your just trolling "

This is just not true. Go back and look at the 2.9.x scenario. Several people including myself warned people not to try 2.9.x before it was released because of the "coders" and their history of releasing untested code that was known to cause problems and touting it as a solution for everybody. Guess what? It was a giant cluster fuck that bricked many Wiis. Will the same thing happen when the 'final 3.0' is released? Probably, if the same people are still involved. Am I trolling? Absolutely not, just warning that you should be very hesitant about running anything called "SoftMii" on your Wii. Why? You called it a "total fucking disaster", and it was, but it could have been easily avoided.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted