softmii 3.0 coming soon

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FOUNTAINEER, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

softmii 3.0 coming soon by FOUNTAINEER at 1:36 AM (3,925 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. FOUNTAINEER
    OP

Newcomer FOUNTAINEER Advanced Member

Canada
    Softmii team announced that softmii 3.0 will come out this friday jun 26, rain or shine.
    check out softmii.org

2. Sonic4Ever

Member Sonic4Ever GBAtemp Regular

France
    Softmii sucks.

3. Jeomite

Member Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I thought they were not throwing out any "release date"? Just release it when it's ready instead trying to "hype" it up with a release date...

4. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    Would everyone please STFU about SoftMii?

It's useless and stupid.

And it bricks. I don't care about how anyone says it's "safe", people have bricked from it and that's all the proof I need. How often it does doesn't matter, it's still retarded.

5. JohnnyCheeks

Member JohnnyCheeks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    SoftMii is about as useful as ...

[​IMG]

6. ginkster

Newcomer ginkster Member

United Kingdom
    Im looking forward to softmii 3.0 I got 2.9.5 on mine atm and i cannot fault it. O and i didnt brick my wii, maybe because i printed off the instructions and read them 3 times before i put it on. softmii dont brick wiis only idiots brick wiis!

7. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Rofl, best pic ever to represet softmii xD. Anyways it's nit rain or shine, it's hell or high water see?

8. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    guaranteed no matter if it bricks 50% of wiis its coming out friday dammit

9. Arm the Homeless

United States
    I hope it does.

It probably does, anyways. [​IMG]

10. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Softmii doesn't brick wiis. It's a great easy to understand package for noobs. I used it on my first wii and with it I was able to learn how use everything else. Like the guy said only idiots brick wiis oh and give their unwanted opinion on a forum abot something coming out. If you really don't like it or care go start your own thread

11. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Softmii does suck....

12. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    awesome, more fun when i read Helpz god dammit i bricked ma wii!

13. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hasn't made my wii unstable at all.

14. syst3merror

Member syst3merror GBAtemp Regular

United States
    wow, it bricks wiis? This is the first I've heard of it because I know I PERSONALLY have installed it in at LEAST 30-40+ Wiis and never 1 brick! Hmmmmmm.......

This reminds me of when I was in high school (amazing, I said WHEN I was in high school...10 years ago) and someone would call a girl a whore because they didn't like her when in all actuality she's only dated like 2 guys.....I think you catch my drift!

15. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've honestly had no problems running it. The only issue I have with it is with what I consider to be the stupid theme stuff, but not everyone is against that.

I don't know where you guys are gathering that it bricks wiis from. I've used it on 2 Wii's now and I've encountered no issues whatsoever.

16. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    Every homebrew app carries a risk of a brick. As softmii is a series of apps, the risk of a brick increases. How comes the downer on it anyways?

17. 20clarky08

Member 20clarky08 Official Wii Freak

United Kingdom
    Viva La RiiskiMod eh NB [​IMG]

good luck anyway lads, providing people read the instructions it works perfect, its probably been installed on 1000's of wii's by now, and if people continue to format there wii or uninstall there IOS's to get rid of corp then how can they be the fault of the package maintainer?

i agree 2.9.5 and the delayed release and hype was a total fucking disaster...but 3.0 sounds promising...the team now has its own coders, theme designers and even the illustrious waninkoko.

just give 3.0 a chance and then make your statements...otherwise...your just trolling

18. Arm the Homeless

United States
    Why do I hate SoftMii?

Because it's a useless guide/package containing stuff that you can easily get yourself.
    Then there's the people that says they're running or using a certain version of SoftMii or even using it at all. It's a package. It's not software.

Really, it's useless, stupid, a waste of time, and not worth this topic. It's lucky I even used my time to talk about it.

19. carbonyle

Member carbonyle GBAtemp Fan

Switzerland
    100% agree
    I think "we" dont need tutorial/guides : people just have to read readme files and think by thereself, it's the only way to get it working and avoid brick.
    It should be some natural selection: stupids just have to buy games. The others can use hack to play more!

20. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    You all are confusing the different versions of SoftMii. When it was nothing more than a guide it was fine since it was just a collection of proven apps and instructions. Then the "SoftMii Team" decided they could create a one-size-fits-all automated installer and enlisted the help of people who knew very little about coding and even less about testing. What they released was a bricking abomination known as "SoftMii 2.9.x" and suckers/guinea pigs ran it. We don't need any notification of when "SoftMii 3.0" will actually be released. Anybody who is waiting on the next incarnation of that turd knows where to get it.

"just give 3.0 a chance and then make your statements...otherwise...your just trolling "

This is just not true. Go back and look at the 2.9.x scenario. Several people including myself warned people not to try 2.9.x before it was released because of the "coders" and their history of releasing untested code that was known to cause problems and touting it as a solution for everybody. Guess what? It was a giant cluster fuck that bricked many Wiis. Will the same thing happen when the 'final 3.0' is released? Probably, if the same people are still involved. Am I trolling? Absolutely not, just warning that you should be very hesitant about running anything called "SoftMii" on your Wii. Why? You called it a "total fucking disaster", and it was, but it could have been easily avoided.