Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry there are so few updates. I'm the last developer left and i ran out of inspiration. Requiem is theoretically still there, but he is still very busy with his company.

If anybody has doable suggestions that don't involve graphics, feel free to post them here.

No 1 on the ToDo list is making Sam & Max Season One compatible to achieve 100% compatibity(with patching). Since i don't have the game, i can't do much about it and i already tried several things about it with the help of others.

If i get more details on the 16:9 issue and maybe a hint which (open source) application doesn't have it, i could do something about it.

Keep in mind that almost if not all features that get implemented in SoftChip can easily be ported to the usb loaders.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I appreciate what you did for long time.
let's use extrembly remarkable application.

it is important for me to update function that aviod to use frii.

Thank you again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dookieman said:
I agree, Sam and Max would be nice to have working without all the patching to the ISO itself. That even possible?

Maybe someone could patch the IOS reload in the main.dol to load IOS249 instead the one specified in the tmd. But this would be a very special workaround and would most likely only work for this one game. Besides, for now the game isn't working in SoftChip at all.

PS: For some games this would be really diffucult, because they have more than 1 .dol, but SoftChip only loads the main.dol for the game. For these games(with 2 or more .dols) it might be completely impossible to patch them on the fly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
Does it really load a new IOS or does it just check the number of the IOS currently loaded?

I'm not sure. But if you have cioscorp installed, Sam & Max will work, even if unpatched and started with IOS249. With Raven's menu loader with both IOS options to IOS249 for example.

I already tried to change some memory areas to suggest the correct IOS is loaded, but if it uses the same function to detect which IOS is running as homebrew does, you can't fool it easily.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe patching the IOS number in the TMD before calling ES_Identify would work? You'd probably need to fakesign the TMD after patching it, but that's not hard.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tueidj said:
Maybe patching the IOS number in the TMD before calling ES_Identify would work? You'd probably need to fakesign the TMD after patching it, but that's not hard.

ES_Identify doesn't have an affect for now. It's only integrateted because we can. I already tried that too, of course with resigning the tmd.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm wouldn't work anyway, I think the purpose of ES_Identify/ES_DiVerify is to be called by DI_OpenPartition to check the TMD (loaded from the disc) and update the nand fs user.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
resistor said:
can u add usb and sd loading?, i dont like to have so many launchers on the sd or nand.

The problem is that one of the main features of SoftChip is that you are able to change the IOS without a reboot. But i don't know a way to access usb storage before AND after an IOS reload. Maybe i do it somewhen, but i'm not motivated to do it, as it involves a lot of code only to get the game list and load that game.

I implemented usb loading in my toy, but it's really messy code and only working with Kwirk's usb cIOS(IOS222). The ios reload issue doesn't exist for that cIOS, because the selection which game to load is done by a dip command instead of an usb storage command.

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using softchip for my niece's wii, but the application doesn't load.
I tried installing a channel of softchip, r90 and r92 but they don't work either.
Turning off the wii leads to an exception or something.
Any clarification?

4.0, used bannerbomb.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r93:
* Added IOS version to IOS selection where possible. Some IOS can't retrieve the IOS's tmd for this.
r94:
* Changed the console settings, now everything should be readable on most tvs.
* Added info dialog to display info about the license, urls etc.
* Lots of cosmetical changes
* Added possibility to abort IOS selection with B
r95:
* Now the information which IOS is loaded is written into the memory
* Added an option to fake this information(this fixes the 002 error in a 2nd way)
r96:
* Writing the Game ID Address(0x80000000) now into the memory at 0x80003184.
* Cleaned up the changes from the last revision

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to update softchip in the future so it would
play monster hunter G???
is this possible?
monster hunter G needs something with IOS55

cioscorp patches this ios ...but i dont wanna brick my wii : /

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pegasos123 said:
is there a way to update softchip in the future so it would
play monster hunter G???
is this possible?
monster hunter G needs something with IOS55

cioscorp patches this ios ...but i dont wanna brick my wii : /

Are you saying that monster hunter G needs to be patched to IOS249 in order to work? Or does it really require something from IOS55? Does it use any special hardware or online functionallity?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1