switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
I accidently updated my moded switch(atmosphere) by normal Nintendo updater in system-settings to Firmware 11.0.1.
Now, my systems software is bricked.
If I boot it it only appears the Nintendo-Logo but then nothing happens only black screen.
I’m able to go into RCM, but if I start atmosphere(EMUMMC) in there it doesn’t boot too, only error message: “Unknow pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!”

A further problem is, that I didn’t made a NAND-Backup.
Is there any option to reinstall the OS or can I maybe take another NAND-Backup?
Is it possible to change the software-chip to repair the system?
I will be happy about any advice.

Thank you

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello,
I accidently updated my moded switch(atmosphere) by normal Nintendo updater in system-settings to Firmware 11.0.1.
If I boot it it only appears the Nintendo-Logo but then nothing happens only black screen.
I’m able to go into RCM, but if I start atmosphere(EMUMMC) in there it doesn’t boot too, only error message: “Unknow pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!”

Is there any option to reinstall the OS or can I maybe take another NAND-Backup?

Thank you
did you update emuMMC or SysNAND?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Thank you
How is your SD card formatted? And what CFW are you using?

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How is your SD card formatted? And what CFW are you using?
The SD-Card is FAT32 formatted.

My old Firmware Version must be 9.1.0 and CFW Atmosphere 0.10.2.
I read this in from an Error-Log-File saved on the SD-Card of my Switch:

"Firmware: 9.1.0 (Atmosphère 0.10.2-master-d5458960)"

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try updating atmosphere and hekate.
Thanks for the answer.
The problem is that the normal SysNAND boot doesn’t work too.
I mean if the normal software isn’t able to boot, a newer Atmosphere version probably also can’t boot it.
Maybe I will try it, I must think about if there is no more option.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer.
The problem is that the normal SysNAND boot doesn’t work too.
I mean if the normal software isn’t able to boot, a newer Atmosphere version probably also can’t boot it.
Maybe I will try it, I must think about if there is no more option.
The first thing you should do is update Atmosphere and Hekate, and then report back what is/isn't working. If you're booting your clean sysMMC using Hekate, then an outdated Hekate could still be the problem. Your emuMMC isn't working because Atmosphere and Hekate are outdated.

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you update the fw you will also need to update amtos and hekate for them to be compatible with the newer fw.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The first thing you should do is update Atmosphere and Hekate, and then report back what is/isn't working. If you're booting your clean sysMMC using Hekate, then an outdated Hekate could still be the problem. Your emuMMC isn't working because Atmosphere and Hekate are outdated.
If you update the fw you will also need to update amtos and hekate for them to be compatible with the newer fw.

Thank you, that makes me hope.
Is there a option to see which FW I have installed now(on SD or Hekate)?, because I can’t look into the system.
I updated on April 2 2021, if the Switch install automatically the newest version it must be 11.0.1.
But I don’t sure if the switch install the newest version, or download the next higher
Do you knew how to see the Firmware?

Then I will update Hekate and Atmosphere.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, that makes me hope.
Is there a option to see which FW I have installed now(on SD or Hekate)?, because I can’t look into the system.
I updated on April 2 2021, if the Switch install automatically the newest version it must be 11.0.1.
But I don’t sure if the switch install the newest version, or download the next higher
Do you knew how to see the Firmware?

Then I will update Hekate and Atmosphere.
Once you have everything working again, you can view the system version in the system settings. For now though, just update Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest versions.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Once you have everything working again, you can view the system version in the system settings. For now though, just update Atmosphere and Hekate to the latest versions.

If I understand it right the newer Hekate and Atmosphere-Versions will also support older Firmware’s.

A further thing, I think it’s important to say is that I started after the installation EMUMMC and get this typical Atmosphere Error-Log(picture is not from me).
Inked20190804_132450_LI.jpg

Then I booted the Switch in SysNAND and after the logo the screen was black.
Since this I get the error “Unknow pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!” instead of the typical Atmosphere-Error-Screen.

Do you think it is might be too late, or can this method maybe work after this “half installation” by SysNAND?

Last edited by switchModBrick,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand it right the newer Hekate and Atmosphere-Versions will also support older Firmware’s.

A further thing, I think it’s important to say is that I started after the installation EMUMMC and get this typical Atmosphere Error-Log(picture is not from me).
View attachment 265410
Then I booted the Switch in SysNAND and after the logo the screen was black.
Since this I get the error “Unknow pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!” instead of the typical Atmosphere-Error-Screen.

Do you think it is might be too late, or can this method maybe work after this “half installation” by SysNAND?
Did you update Atmosphere and Hekate? I can't tell from your picture, since you inexplicably obfuscated the Atmosphere version with red.

Do that before doing anything else and report back.

Last edited by Lacius, , Reason: typo

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you update Atmosphere and Hekate? I can't tell from your picture, since you inexplicably obfuscated the Atmosphere version with red.

Do that before doing anything else and report back.

Sorry, I would show with this image that I get in the past an error-picture like this, it’s not from me.

My question is, if I can install the newest version of Hekate and Atmosphere for no matter which Firmware it is or must I pick a special one.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I would show with this image that I get in the past an error-picture like this, it’s not from me.

My question is, if I can install the newest version of Hekate and Atmosphere for no matter which Firmware it is or must I pick a special one.
Always use the newest versions of Atmosphere and Hekate. They are backwards compatible with older Switch system versions.

switchModBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I launch I CFW(SYSNAND ) or Stock(SYSNAND) I get the error “failed to init eMMC Failed to launch HOS!”.
Are you able to boot your sysMMC? What happens when you try to launch Atmosphere on your sysMMC using fusee-primary?
What do you mean, how can I do it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I launch I CFW(SYSNAND ) or Stock(SYSNAND) I get the error “failed to init eMMC Failed to launch HOS!”.

What do you mean, how can I do it?
However you push payloads to your Switch, use the latest fusee-primary (next to the Atmosphere download) instead of Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1