OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried soft modding my Wii using two methods and nothing seems to be working.

Details:
Wii Model: RVL-001(USA)

Wii version: 3.2U (Downgraded from 3.3U; Offline method and AnyRegion Changer method)

Homebrew Channel version 1.0.1 and IOS356 v4.18

IOSes installed: IOS249; IOS55; IOS53; IOS16; IOS38; IOS37; IOS36; IOS14; IOS33; IOS35; IOS34; IOS28; IOS22; IOS31; IOS30; IOS21; IOS20; IOS17; IOS15; IOS13; IOS12; IOS11; MIOS; IOS9; IOS4; cIOS36rev7; cIOSrev8; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS36_rev5-64-v1042; cIOS249-IOS36-rev07; cIOS249r7; IOS16-64-v257; IOS36-64-v1042; cIOS_fix; cIOS36_rev8

I've used SoftMii (Preloader and such), Aquilino Loader, and Menu Patcher

Backup Loader Gamma loads the games (MadWorld, WiiSports, and Tatsunoko v. Capcom) properly, however when I press 'B' to reboot with hooks, it'll give me an error - "Exception (DSI) occurred! GPR00 80FA2788 GPR08 810C1428 GPR16 80E68518 GPR24 80E80000, etc..".

SoftChip Loader doesn't work at all.

Backup loader .1 doesn't work at all.

I can't get the backup discs to load in the disc channel using the SoftMii method, nor the Aquilino Loader method.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure you have the skip update check hack on? Don't use Starfall for it, use preloader. And it'd be best if you had the latest preloader.

Firehead03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
Dunno if this'll help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoE7TmXedmA

6e11lg.jpg

I apologise for the poor quality

Edit: Agh, this wasn't meant to be posted. How do I delete this post so I can edit my other post and add this? Sorry x_X

xDarkElement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah go on your preloader settings and then turn on the skip disc updates, you hacks.ini must be for your region. this will resolve your problem.

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
swf3 said:
SoftMii (Preloader and such), can fuk up ur wii!

They can only mess up your Wii if you happen to have a high degree of failure.
If you don't follow the steps correctly, your Wii can become bricked or semi-bricked.

CopyCaet

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
What media are you using for your backups?

Edit: Oh nvm. I missed the working games part. Meh I should read better
tongue.gif
What about trying to get a virgin wii and start over? Tried it yet?
Also make sure CIOS is properly installed. Sometimes you just continue without reading, which mean you could easily miss an error message

Firehead03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
xDarkElement said:
uh yeah, why would you need to reboot with hooks, when you have preloader.
Oh, I tried that before installing the preloader. Didn't know if it meant anything or not =/

QUOTE(CopyCaet @ Mar 15 2009, 11:30 AM) What media are you using for your backups?

Edit: Oh nvm. I missed the working games part. Meh I should read better
tongue.gif
What about trying to get a virgin wii and start over? Tried it yet?
Also make sure CIOS is properly installed. Sometimes you just continue without reading, which mean you could easily miss an error message
As in buy a new Wii? =X Or update the Wii and re-downgrade or something? (CD-R's, patched ISO with backup creator and burnt at 2x speed with imgburn, by the way)
Also, it says it installed all the wads "OK!" =/

Edit: Okay, I'm trying to start anew, I've updated the Wii to 3.3v2U (Animal Crossing), however.. I can still play backups from the backup loader x_X is there a specific IOS I should uninstall? Trying to start the SoftMii process over.

Edit2: Welp, I did that. Everything removed~ Re-did the process and it still won't read from the disc channel x_X; I'm going to assume it has something to do with the way I'm burning the discs (read in backup loader and nothing else..)
Would patching it with the backup-creator before burning it cause it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.