Cannot play from Disc Channel Anymore

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by t3k, Jan 3, 2016.

1. t3k
    OP

t3k Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Indonesia
    Hi, I recently updated my wii SM version from 3.2 to 4.1. And I cannot play from disc channel anymore (cd backups), previously it works. If I use USB loader GX/Gecko it can run fine. How to make it so it could easily play from Disc Channel again?

Here's my syscheck results:
    syscheck

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    What all did you do to your Wii to update it from 3.2 to 4.1.

What hack did you apply to your Wii to play backups from the disc channel, you are aware that the Wii will not read any type of CD right, maybe you meant to say DVD backups. If you ever region change back to KOR then make extra sure to have the correct IOS installed for what ever KOR system menu you install.

And you might want to check these IOS, this is from my 4.1 syscheck. See the IOS that don't have any patches, your IOS shouldn't be patched either.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by SickPuppy, Jan 4, 2016
  3. t3k
    OP

t3k Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    Indonesia
    Thanks for your answer, I'm not really sure what I've done when upgrading, there's so many thing I've done.
    I just realized maybe it's because the system menu is changed to Korea? Previously it's US. But the region is still NTSC-U?

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    Yes, maybe if you try to play usa games on a korean system it will not work. You may want to use modmii to get you the correct IOSs for your upgrade before installing the ntsc-u system menu. I would make sure to have IOS60 and 61 installed.

The reason I was interested in the hack you use to play from the disc channel, that might not work well on 4.1.

You can see what each IOS does here - http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS_History

Last edited by SickPuppy, Jan 4, 2016