Gaming So whos actually buying pokemon?

Mylar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be buying at least three copies, maybe more.
Owner-Age
Me-32
My daughter-6
My son-3
My brother-45 (The kid's will make him buy a copy I'm sure)
My wife-26 (Has not played with us yet, but the pokewalker and my daughter's constant begging may sway her)

Several of my friends play as well, but with them it's about a 50/50 split between manchild syndrome and just my daughter making them play with her over wifi.

We all have flashcarts, but I buy retail carts of all the pokemon games. With as good as the games are, there is no reason not to support their development with a bit of cash. We have a strict no cheating rule, my daughter played in the nationals last year and had a great time, so we will need retail carts anyway.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably can't afford it, what with all the other good games atm and the holidays, oh and of couse the 3.5 grand for uni.

I do love the Pokemon games though, and I've bought every other one, so I might download it with the intention of puchasing it in the future (and then never do...)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I already imported the Japanese Pokemon Pearl back in 2007 for over double the price of the retail cost in the US version, AND I bought the US Pokemon Diamond..
I'll be pirating this sucker.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
pieman202 said:
I plan to buy heartgold this will be the first game ill buy since getting my flashcart.
Some of my friends think that its lame to buy the game but i don't really care xP
I know what you mean, I sold some of my games ever since I got my flash cards. I haven't bought a game or even gotten a game as a gift in over 2 years now well other the fake platinum my boy friend accidentally got me from ebay, this will be the first pokemon I got since Ruby o.o
(even though I am not the one buying it)
Same here.
smile.gif

Already preordered from Play Asia

Sandman00009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
I will! Hell yeah!
Gold was such a rush when I was a kid, so I wanna re-live it!
smile.gif

you know bro nothing will ever be more enjoyable then the first gold silver..... i tried with these new games didnt work out so much

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CannonFoddr said:
I am not buying them personally, but my boy friend is buying me Soul Silver and he is buying himself Heart Gold
Oh must be so nice for you 2 to play together with your pocket monsters !!!!!
-giggles- It is nice ^////^

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same thoughts as Guild McCommunist. Though it's not our fault, it's society's.
frown.gif

I don't know why Pokemon, Digimon (alright games), and Yu-Gi-Oh (pretty lame, imo) are looked at as child games besides the show and the cards. If Chrono Trigger had a bad-ass show (or a bad show), people would still love Chrono Trigger, so I don't see a big deal. Maybe it's the fact your raising monsters...but then again, you do that in Monster Ranchers and that's not looked at as a child's game. There's no logical reason this should be portrayed as a child's game.

That being said, I might buy it, but in secret. Lol. I probably won't though. Like other piraters, I already spent money on Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, AND Diamond. I should be able to pirate two of their games. I even bought Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald twice.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
I am not buying them personally, but my boy friend is buying me Soul Silver and he is buying himself Heart Gold
Oh must be so nice for you 2 to play together with your pocket monsters !!!!!
was that a gay joke?

Anyways i cant wait to get a pokewalker! im gonna be teh coolest kid on campus... yeah...

EDIT: by kid i mean 20 year old.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm buying. Why? Because this one actually has stuff that won't work with the flashcard. AKA the Pokewalker. Plus, while I'm a pirate, I prefer owning games.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I bought already 12 original games (before knowing the existence of "flash carts")
so I think Nintendo got enough profit from me
tongue.gif
therefor I'll probably won't be buying them (unless there will be some special deal, as I know these will be more expansive than a regular game for having the pokewalker added).

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I might just end up buying this for the Pokewalker and because it'll probably be the last DS Pokemon game (it's the definitive version, so to speak).
Unfortunately I still have a Diamond version back at home so I'll need to sell that first.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have that $50 Gamestop gift card coming so I've decided I'm gonna pre-order SoulSilver and Monster Finder (spending cash on the remaining amount left for the pre-orders). The only other game I'll be buying is Monster Hunter, but they keep pushing it back so god only knows when it'll come out. I'll copy my sister's HeatGold version since she's gonna pre-order it. I just want the Pokewalker
tongue.gif
. I'll copy SoulSilver for my sister though
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill