So...who went to Eurogamer Expo this year?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by R2DJ, Sep 23, 2011.

Sep 23, 2011
  1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    This is my first gaming convention ever and I say it's awesome! I may not have tried all games that I wanted to check out like Skyrim, Arkham City and Battlefield but it was a real good 2 days! Any other tempers went to the event/planning to go soon? I wanna know your thoughts!

Games I've tried:

AC Revelations
    COD MW3
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Mario Kart 7
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    RAGE
    Saints Row: The Third
    Super Mario 3D Land

They also had a "Eurogamer Best Of" booth so it's the only booth with Guitar Hero on it. Also, a very cool Retro booth with people happily playing ol' Mario, Bomberman, Tetris, Mortal Kombat.

Also, there are free OnLive consoles to be collected so if you're planning to go there, get one. The queue's very long though...

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    How was SR: the third and RAGE?

3. 4-leaf-clover

Member 4-leaf-clover SHSL LUCKSTER :/

Netherlands
    Went there too, i just loved saints row the third [​IMG]
    And i just loved the retro booth thingy brought back some memories ^~^
    need to do things like this again [​IMG]

4. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    Mother fudging age restriction meant I couldn't go. Why is there a bloody age restriction for it?

5. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    There was? Were you by yourself? Age restriction for the whole event or only on the over-18 area?

Oh and yesterday I was unable to go inside the over-18 area because some snide security guy won't let me through because I don't have an eligible ID even though Eurogamer told me themselves that an 18+ Oyster card and a University ID will do. He even insulted me by saying "Maybe next year, when you're older" (nice compliment though [​IMG]). The next day, I showed him by showing my driver's licence, and gave him a smirk on the way in.

6. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    Originally, I was hoping to go with a few friends, then I found out you have to be 16, or accompanied by someone over 18. The only over 18 I know who'd take me is my sister, but she's leaving for university this weekend.

7. Amphy2310

Newcomer Amphy2310 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I was going to go there for a college trip today but I decided I rather go with people I actually like rather than the morons on college who forget I exist.

Last time I went, when I wasn't 18 and didn't have an id (still don't X3) I just walked past the security guy in fact a lot of people i knew did and they were 16 XD I think the guy just didn't care.