Hacking So, what kind of revolutions can we expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time I'm walking in the park, I'll keep a watch out for the root key. I'll look between the roots of all the trees. I hear people trip and find them all the time. This happened to a friend of mine: "I was racing in Mario kKart the other day... and I hit this strange magical ? block, and I think the root key fell out... bit I forgot to save my race." Guess we're out of luck.

dole

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GET THIS DAMN SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 WORKING FROM BURNT DISC AND NOT JUST SD AGAIN
*KICKS WII*

Further refinement of BannerBomb/HackMii/exploits/etc. to get closer to one-button hacking/installing for idiots.

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Omega191 said:
Ooh, this is getting interesting. Firstly "finding the root key", I don't even know why you call it the root key, it's the private key we want, we have the public half already, and, how do you propose we go about finding it?
QUOTE(Omega191 @ May 13 2010, 10:51 AM) Wow, the Twiizers work fast, they already broke into Nintendo. http://static.hackmii.com/root-key
:facepalm:
Glad you can answer your own questions.
Exactly right? That's the root key you wanted right? Right bud?

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
RedDragunee said:
- GameCube USB loading
- Complete OS replacement
GC USB Loading: Pretty close to impossible, unless bc is completely rewritten to allow access to the USB ports and mIOS is rewritten to talk to the USB port instead of the optical drive...

Complete OS replacement: IIRC, there was one a bit ago called "Freedom", but IDK what happened to it :s

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Since as someone explained to you in another post, that is the public part of the root key. I'm sorry, maybe I should hold you hand and say it exactly like this. "I hope we get the FULL root key". Does that make you feel better?

QUOTE(Omega191 @ May 13 2010, 10:25 AM) Ooh, this is getting interesting. Firstly "finding the root key", I don't even know why you call it the root key, it's the private key we want, we have the public half already, and, how do you propose we go about finding it?

You don't get it do you? There is no full key. It is a key pair. Maybe you should do some research on Public-key cryptography before you open your mouth.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jceggbert5 said:
GC USB Loading: Pretty close to impossible, unless bc is completely rewritten to allow access to the USB ports and mIOS is rewritten to talk to the USB port instead of the optical drive...

still not possible right now... but I think if the right person/people (ie. Crediar) actually find some time to work on it, it could eventually be done... I think crediar was getting close to achieving this (in SNEEK) at one point (u can read more on this in the DIOS MIOS thread)

Edit:
@Omega, if u ever heard DeadlyFoez go on about that sort of thing, u would know he already knows A LOT on just about everything (including Public-key cryptography). I'm certain when he said... "I'm sorry, maybe I should hold you hand and say it exactly like this. 'I hope we get the FULL root key'. Does that make you feel better?"... he was trying to put it in terms that even a noob would understand (maybe u didn't need to have it explained to u in 'noob-terms', but I think u guys are just having a failure to communicate, but u guys are saying the same thing, just differently). Anyways, now lets all play nice, hold hands and sing Kumbaya

Omega191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another thing, the root key is not used to sign content. The CP and XS keys are used for that instead. They in turn are signed by CA, which is signed by Root.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
jceggbert5 said:
Complete OS replacement: IIRC, there was one a bit ago called "Freedom", but IDK what happened to it :s
It was scrapped because it was a waste of effort and rather sucked.
That would probably have something to do with why I haven't seen updates in a while... Just spitballin' here, y' know?

I, personally, never tried it, so I didn't know if it sucked or not...

But, doesn't that still answer his question (last post, first page, I believe) if complete OS replacement had been done before?

Also, 500th post
biggrin.gif

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that the wii scene needs now is less fighting, silly bickering...
Less Foes

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
let's start this with the assumption that Deadly Foez just didn't know the proper terminology for the key.

what other than bootmii as boot2 on a new wii does this do for us that we cant' do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1