So what exactly do I need?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ssskyy, Jul 27, 2012.

Jul 27, 2012

So what exactly do I need? by ssskyy at 9:36 AM (589 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ssskyy
    OP

Newcomer ssskyy Member

Australia
    Hi, I just want to check something before I order my flashcard (prob Supercard DSTWO)... What are all the bits & pieces I will need? The flashcard obviously (duh!) but do they all come with a micro sd or do you have to get one separately? And do they come with the usb stick that you insert the micro sd into... or do you have to get one of those separately? Thanks.

2. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    I think it comes with it. Download Flashcart helper to help you install the firmware. You download roms and you put them in your Sd card

3. ssskyy
    OP

Newcomer ssskyy Member

Australia
    Like, if I decided to buy a 5 pack of the DSTWO flashcards, would they each come with their own micro sd & usb? So I'd have 5 of everything?
    BTW I'm looking on nds-card.com and the single flashcards seem to come with one extra thing that the 5 pack doesn't have. Is a micro sd card something that you can buy just about anywhere and what about the usb sticky thingy for it? Trying to figure all this out and understand exactly what items I need, don't wanna order a flashcard and then find I need to make another order for something else I need! Can anyone lend a hand?

4. Cartmanuk

Member Cartmanuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    They all come with the Tf/ Micro sd reader as below. but the Micro SD will have to be brought separately unless you buy a bundle.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Visit http://shoptemp.net/country/Australia/ for shops in Australia

Or worldwide Here

5. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    If the flashcart you purchase has a USB card reader included it will be listed as so on the website, the same applies for the microSD card.

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I wouldn't buy a bundled MicroSD from an import shop, they tend to be cheap/fake ones. Get your MicroSD cards from a real store near you (they're sold in every store that carries electronics, pretty much), and go for Class-4 or above.

7. ssskyy
    OP

Newcomer ssskyy Member

Australia
    Hey thanks Rydian, that's just the advice I needed, super-duper-awesome!

And thanks Cartmanuk for the Shoptemp/Aussie link.

8. ssskyy
    OP

Newcomer ssskyy Member

Australia
    Oh! Oh! And are there different types of Micro SD cards? (Don't wanna buy the wrong one) cos I mosied on down to the shops earlier (as you do), went into the local Officeworks store and the only micro sd's were called "moblie" micro sd cards (for mobile phones I assume?), they were SanDisk brand I think and I couldn't see anything about Class-4 written on the packaging... so yeah I just wanna check in with all you peeps in-the-know!

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    They're all the same format technically, but microSDs for phones tend to be the low-quality ones (since phones aren't demanding, they can stick the cheap ones there). Any MicroSDHC (meaning MicroSD 4GB and above) should work have a class rating, it's usually printed on the MicroSD itself (it's a number inside a circle). Flash carts are more demanding so getting a class-4 or class-6 is usually recommend3ed.